Friday, April 1, 2011

Flaunt it Fridays!

Wow!  Is it Friday already?!  I have no idea where this week has gone!  Anyone else have weeks like that?  I'm so excited for another Flaunt It Fridays challenge!!  This week the challenge is to use 3 Birds on Parade cartridge with the Disguise Bird.  Like usual, this is not a cart that I own.  I'm so glad we can use a similar cut (otherwise I wouldn't be able to participate in many of the challenges! LOL!)


For my DT submission I decided to use CAC for the little chick, and fortunately CAC also had a sunglasses cut. :)  I know it was supposed to be more of a disguise, but I AM READY FOR SOME SUNSHINE!!!!!  :)

Recipe:
  • The chick was cut at 3.75 
  • Flocking on the little belly (because I thought it would look cute)
  • Hero Arts "Anyone Can Stamp" for the sentiment
  • MS border punch
  • Ribbon - not sure where it's from
  • Misc. flowers and bling. :)
  • Homemade pop dot on the beak (to make it stand above the glasses) 
  • Scrap paper
I wanted to stick with a simple card.  Recently, I noticed that I kept wanting my cards to get bigger and better and more detailed; but realized that it doesn't need to be.  :)  Sometimes it's the cute and simple that are fun. :)  So even though it's simple, I still hope you enjoy it.


Make sure you stop by Flaunt It Fridays to see what the rest of the DT has planned.  You'll LOVE the creations, they are really amazing!!!  We'd love to have you Flaunt your stuff with us!!! 

Thanks for stopping by! :)

8 Wonderful Comment(s):

Besthobbyeva said...

You did a great job with the challenge. I am loving the litle chick and the flocked belly, too cute!! Great job!!

Laurie

The EmBellished Card - Belinda said...

This is too cute!!! I laughed like crazy over this entry. Thanks for the chuckle!
Blessings,
Belinda

Rhonda Emery said...

this makes me smile how cute. I need you to please send me a email so I will have it. my dear husband ha erased all my stuff. got to love em! ha hugs

Raven B said...

Oh my goodness these glasses are super dooper sweet!!
Hugs,
Raven

Sherrie K. said...

I love the birdie and the fuzzy tummy!!! How cute! I am a new follower of yours! Would love for you to pop over to my blog and follow too:) TFS such cute ideas on your blog...love it!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Sandra 365 Days Of Cricut said...

Your card is so cute! It looks like your chick is totally ready for summer!

Cheryl Gaffney said...

Hi Celeste,

I LOVE CAC!! It really is my go-to cartridge!

Thanks for sharing your adorable card!

- Cheryl

JustYolie said...

This is just too cute!