Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!!

For those that know a little about me you know that anytime I make a card for a family member I always have my children help with ideas (makes it more personal).  So, for my Mom's Birthday I asked the kids what they love best about Grandma.  The first response was going to feed the horses (they say this for just about anyone in my family), the second thing was that they love when she takes them swimming.  So, this is what I came up with. 

I had little helper hands that wanted to help me glue, ink, and use the pens so you can see a few shiny spots on the paper were the glue was spilled and a few ink mess-ups.  The card didn't turn out exactly as I planned it, but it was something specially made from my little ones.  My little girl really had a hand in this one.  She's the oldest Grandchild on my side of the family and seems to have a very special place in her Grandma's heart - so she wanted to make sure that she . . . helped. :)  Thanks for stopping by!!! :)

For this card I just used the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge, and the stamp is one of those dollar stamps I found a long time ago.

5 Wonderful Comment(s):

DORCAS said...

Awwe! This is so cute! And that was sweet of your little helper. i love it when my little ones want to be part of the projects I make.

HUGS

Best Hobby Eva said...

super, super cute. I loved the inked edges. You did a great job here!

Amanda C said...

So cute -- your mom is going to love, especially since the kids helped out! :)

Coachfans said...

So glad to hear you can have the kids help! That makes it extra special.

Georgiana : )

teachU14 said...

Super cute! And even better since your kids got to help you out ;)