Saturday, May 14, 2011

Bake Sale Blog Hop

If you're looking for the Flaunt It Friday's Happy Hauntings Blog Hop Click here or scroll down. 


Hello my SWEET friends!!!!  Come on!!!  I couldn't help it!!! :)

Well, the hop was supposed to start on the 13th, but due to technical difficulties we started a day late (sorry about that).  I feel so honored to be a part of this hop!!!! :)  I hope that you came after visiting Carri at Double Click Connections aka A Busy Bee.  Isn't she AMAZING!!!!!  I love her work (this time it was especially yummy looking)!!  :)  If you just happened to stop here first, make sure to start at the beginning with Georgiana at Carson's Cricut Creations.  All of the ladies have some amazing goodies to share!!!

For today's project, I wanted to show you a favorite of mine. :)  Cookies in a jar!!!!!!

Now I have to say, I sort of messed up a little bit.  Like most projects, I love to have my little ones help.  Well, I was trying to get them to be patient with putting the items in and they jumped the gun a bit and put the chocolate chips in the wrong order. :)

To make this yummy treat you will need:
  • 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • Quart glass jar (aka large Mason Jar)
Combine the flour, baking soda and white sugar.  Place half of it in the bottom of the clean jar.  Follow with half of the chocolate chips.  Next layer with the brown sugar.  The next layer is the second half of the flour mixture topped with the last of the chocolate chips.  You can change the order if you'd like, but you see what happens when you put the chocolate chips covered by flour. :)

You can make a tag or a card (you'll see mine tomorrow) that has the following information:

In a large bowl combine 3/4 cup of butter, 1-2 eggs (this depends on where you live and how dry your climate is), and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until creamy. Add in the contents of the jar.  Drop by tablespoonful onto an un-greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.

The one suggestion that I have before you give these as gifts (or sell them)is that you try the cookies first.  Depending on where you live you may need to add more flour to the jar or tell them to add more butter or liquid (I always have to add a little more flour).  :) 

You can also decorate the jar to be for whatever occasion.  This one is going to go as a simple 'Thank you' to a friend of mine for watching my little ones for me for a few hours.  These are great for any and all occasions!!! :)

Ok, now to candy for YOU!  I can't seem to get a good picture of it, but I have some kitchen wall decor to give to one lucky person. :)  All you need to do is leave a comment with your favorite Bake Sale goodie!!! :)  That's it!!!! 

Your next stop is Tracy at Craft Junkie Too.

Just in case you get lost here's the line-up:

Georgiana ~ Carson's Creations
Cheryl ~ Cards by CG
Carri ~ Doubleclick Abusybee
Me

Tracy ~ Craft Junkie Too
Tara ~ Homemade Happiness
Jenny ~ Crazy About Cricut
Pat ~ Pat's Scrap

50 Wonderful Comment(s):

Cricut Design Chicks SWARM said...

tfs the recipe... i have never made one of these jars.. i think i will try!!
parkernana5@cox.net

CRAZY4CHRIST said...

What a great idea!! Thanks for the recipe!My favourite bake sale item is butter tarts!!
sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Such a great cause! thanks for the chance at some goodies too.
terriavidreader at yahoo dot com

Rhonda Emery said...

looks yummy. It turned out great, I think. hugs

anitaandbugs said...

This is great---I had forgotten about these and it will be great for "unexpected" gifts.
Hugs, Anita
amc35045@bellsouth.net

Tara said...

I got one of these type of jars for Christmas one year and it was an excellent gift! I love the idea!
I also love that your little ones helped...tell them not to worry about messing up the order they will still taste the exact same :) Honest mistake and now that they have done it all of your readers will know why the order matters because honestly I would have never thought it would! We learn from our mistakes ;)
TFS!
Tara

Stephanie said...

What an AWESOME gift to give or receive! I have never made this before but I think I'm definitely going to have to try it out! New follower, looking forward to seeing all your creations! Thanks for sharing and thanks for the chance to win!

scrappingwithstephanie at gmail dot com
scrappingwithstephanie.blogspot.com

RLS Innovations said...

My favorite bake sale goodie is brownies. I am a new follower and will come back later to check out your projects.

Sue
rolfe974@prodigy.net

Darlene said...

Yum!! my favorite goodie is rice krispie treats! I could eat the whole pan!

Darlene
dessaucier at bellsouth dot net

Babe O'Mara said...

Great gift idea. My favorite treats are lemon bars. Thanks for a chance to win some candy.

Babe
youiesmom@att.net

Tiffany said...

Love this idea! Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite :) TFS


Tiffany - http://sparkledmemories.blogspot.com/
tiffanymarierice@yahoo.com

Cheryl Gaffney said...

This is awesome Celeste!! I've never made these cookies in a jar before, but I've see them at bake sales and craft fairs! Thanks for sharing the directions!

Thanks for being in the hop... it wouldn't be the same without you!
- Cheryl

Angela R said...

Oh my goodness, Choc Chip cookies warm out of the oven homebaked are my weakness! Love it! Thank you so much for sharing!
Contact Info:
Arebori0204@gmail.com or www.scraptillyadrop.blogspot.com

Nikki T said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe. I will have to give this a try.
Nikki
glamoroussideofscrapping at gmail dot com
www.theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com

Nikki T said...

Oops...I forgot to say what my favorite bake sale item is and that would be sugar cookies. I know, something normal but I always buy them when I see bake sales.
Nikki

The Liebe's said...

I made a few of these goodie jars as gifts before, decorated them with all sorts of craft stuff and the recipients loved them. My sister in law has never touched hers in over 7 years because she thought it was so cute, so great idea! My favorite bake sale treat is chocolate cupcakes with buttercream frosting. Thanhhks for the hop!
Tiffany
indygirl297@yahoo.com

Anna said...

I love most baked goods. LOL Love brownies tho. Great gift idea. Love it.
I'm a follower.
Thanks for the chance to win.
http: // mamawann. blogspot. com/
annadowdy at gmail dot com

Courtney Larson said...

I also love cookies in a jar. I bought a book recently with a ton of recipes for this. Can't wait to give them as gifts.

shersl84bed said...

My favorite bake sale goods are peanut butter fudge. mmm

Your jar makes me want cookies!

Smiles Sher
ShersL84bed@aol.com

shersl84bed said...

My favorite bake sale goods are peanut butter fudge. mmm

Your jar makes me want cookies!

Smiles Sher
ShersL84bed@aol.com

pattyk said...

Great gift idea. thanks millierose651@aol.com

jennyplace2 said...

This is such a cool ideal! I will have to give it a try. I can just see my little grand daughter having a ball making these and then eating them to! TFS!

Amanda said...

Cute idea!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. My fave bake sale item is chocolate chip cookies!

amandawoodau at hotmail dot com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Hi Celeste! I love these jars ready to go! Miss seeing you around! It's always fun hopping with you! Carri :)

lisa said...

Yum-O! My fave bake sale goodie is sticky buns. Any kind, any way... woohoo!

charligirl88@yahoo.com

Debbie Flowers said...

Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Debbie Flowers
happiscrapper@xipline.com

Emily said...

Yum!!! I love cookies in a jar :) Great idea!

Emily (coolcricutcreations at yahoo dot com)

thekolbes said...

Awesome idea. Is it really 1 1/2 eggs? My fav thing to sell at bake sales is homemade breads and pies. Fav thing to buy is scotcharoos. Thanks so much for sharing. I am a new follower
Trish
krazykcrafters at msn dot com

Laura (tweetyb) said...

I love making the "jar" gifts! I def have to say brownies are my fav but ANYTHING choc will do!! ;)
tweetyb@satx.rr.com

the purple muse said...

Thanks for sharing your recipe:-)

tammy dot schmitt at mac dot com

http://thepurplemuse.blogspot.com

Scrappin' Sista said...

Thanks for thus recipe. I needed one for the future. TFS!!!

Christel (Scrappin' Sista)
http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com
askscrappinsista (at) hotmail (dot) com

NanetteMT said...

I've always wanted to try making one of these jars. My favorite baked goodie is chocolate chip brownies.

nanettemtatyahoodotcom

joydee1963 said...

great project! my favorite bake good is a good pie!like cholate or peach.joydee1963 at yahoo dot com

joydee1963 said...

great project! my favorite bake good is a good pie!like cholate or peach.joydee1963 at yahoo dot com

Lisa R. said...

I love these! Greay gift idea. i love bakesale brownies! TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

DIANA L. said...

Cookie mix looks good.

http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Trisha said...

What a great recipe. Thanks for sharing and the chance to win. I am a follower. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

Tamara said...

Doesn't matter it still comes out the same Delicious! You can always mail that to Me!! Hee Hee Hee

Lisa said...

Thanks so much for sharing your recipe - I have printed it out so I can give them a try!

http://indymermaid.blogspot.com
indymermaid(at)blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

This is cool~may have to try it:) Thanks for sharing!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogpsot.com

mamawcindy said...

I have always wanted to make this.Wasn't sure how to. Thank You for the Ingredients.This would be fun to do with my Grandchildren. My favorite Bake Sale Item is Peanut Butter Fudge with lots of nuts. :0)
cindymarshall at hotmail dot com

katieo said...

great idea can;t wait to see the tag.
katieoscreations@gmail.com

JustYolie said...

Thanks Celeste for sharing the recipe! :-)

Fot said...

thanks for the recipe!! Look yummy im going to try making these with my grandbabys ...
Thank-you for sharing
Deborah Foti ~ustoleit@comcast.net
http://www.scrappingmamma.net

Carol said...

I love doing these jars for gifts. Thank you for sharing your recipe. chale@gci.net
http://huffandpuffscrap.blogspot.com/

jessica said...

Fun Fun! I love making and giving these yummy treats!! I can't wait to see your tag for this. Thanks so much for sharing :)
I have recently began making cakepops and I LOVE them...time consuming but the reaction I receive is AWESOME. (I posted some on my blog..check it out if you get a chance--ice cream cones)
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

BUZZY BEE DESIGNS and GRAPHICS said...

I love giving gift in a jar
I have blog candy you can win
Become a follower today
http://buzzybeedesigns.blogspot.com
Rebecca Minor
buzzybeedesigns(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Elaine said...

This is a great project!
I have always wanted to do this!
thanks for sharing & for the chance to win:)

ExpressionsByElaine.blogspot.com

cowbelleru said...

What an adorable idea! I love these cookies. When I gather all of the ingredients, I'll make up six-12 jars. They freeze great and are a handy idea for gift giving at the last minute. I'm a new follower, and am looking forward to seeing all your creations! Thanks for sharing and thanks for the chance to win!

cowbelleru said...

The above post was from cowbelleru@sbcglobal.net
Oops, sorry.