Saturday, August 13, 2011

I Love My Teacher Blog Hop!

I'm so glad you came to stop by!!  I hope you came after visiting Carley at The Real iCarley (LOVE HER!!!!) If you happened to stop here first, make sure you go to the beginning at Abby at Scrapbookaholic by Abby (LOVE HER TOO!!!!) You're not going to want to miss a thing (not to mention - AWESOME CANDY)!!

This hop is all about TEACHERS!!!!!!  I'm sure each of you has a wonderful memory about a favorite teacher (I know I do)!!!  It takes very special people to be able to teach.  My oldest is starting first grade, so I'm a little new to the whole teacher gift thing, but I had a great idea!!!!  Unfortunately, I'm afraid you might be a little disappointed (just in me).  Let me show you what I have so far and explain . . .



First - I really like this idea.  Three of the four sides of this container are painted with chalkboard paint (found at WalMart) and I Mod Podged the yellow paper on the last side.  On the yellow side I was going to put the teachers' name (this is where the problem and disappointment come in).  I was hoping that I would find out who will be teaching my child . . . no letter yet.  So I thought I would just create something about A+ teachers or something . . . well, it looks like my Cricut is going on the fritz.  NOT GOOD!!!!!!  Well, when those ideas didn't work I started looking through my stuff for any school type stickers . . . nothing.  To top it off we live about an hour from any sort of craft store (or even a WalMart). :)  So, I hope you get the general idea. :)

Your next step is Christine at Scrapbooking Technique.  You'll love to see what she has created for you (She's so super talented)!!!!!!!!!!

Make sure you visit everyone (like I said, you'll love the candy)!!!!  Here's the line-up in case you get lost!  Thanks so much for stopping by!!!!!!!!!

Big thanks to all of those amazing teachers out there!!!!!!!! :)



81 Wonderful Comment(s):

Clare G said...

Super idea using the chalkboard paint! I have the same problem as you, I'm miles away from the craft stores (my husband would say it's a good thing.)

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the ribbon used.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

It will be so cute once you find out the teachers name....TFS

Jenny
jennykingham at att dot net

Georgiana said...

So sorry to hear about your Cricut. YIKES! I hope you can get a replacement. The chalkboard idea is a neat one. Your box will look fantastic before school starts.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

tlettling said...

Did you make the box or use a box you already had? thanks for sharing.

Lisa said...

Such a cute idea...and I can just imagine how AWESOME it's going to look! :o) I hope you'll post it again when you finish it. Oh, and I hope your Cricut feels better soon!

Lisa
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com
lnorris21 at hotmail dot com

Pammejo said...

I know it will look amazing when you finish it up and the teacher will just love it. Love the idea. TFS pammejo1@yahoo.com
http://pammejo-scrapbookflair.blogspot.com/

Gramma Deenie said...

I can't wait to see it when it's done! Good job...and sometimes stuff happens! :-)

Kathie said...

super cute idea.

PrincessMinnie said...

Celeste, yes the idea is super cute!! I think Im going to try that paint...but I am disappounted about your Cricut!! Im sorry I hope something can be done...Ill also be more appreciative that I have craft stores around me.
Thanks for the opportunity & inspiration!

K-E Kreations said...

What a wonderful idea! I'm sure it will look fab once you get it complete.

Suzy said...

Great idea! I'm a first grade teacher getting ready to go back to school. This hop sure put me in the mood ;) Thanks for sharing!!
Suzy suzyq28024@gmail.com

Angelica Suarez said...

Don't worry, we don't have the name of our teacher yet, either! It looks like a great project and great idea using the chalkboard paint! I have a quart of that and will keep it in mind when making projects for the teacher throughout the year! :)

Abby said...

You know what?! I like it like that! maybe a small version of the class picture can go in the yellow area!!! and I love that chalk paint!! and DO NOT feel bad!!! btw I also live FAR from any stores... hmmm wait! I have a walgreens!! hehehehe

Silvia said...

TFS, Great Idea!!!

alvinadiaz@msn.com
alvinascreations.blogspot.com

madoke said...

What a wonderful idea,thank you for sharing it.

Sherri said...

AWESOME idea! I too live pretty far from a scrap store and my hubby is so happy for that :) I hope you get your cricut up and running again soon, that can be so frustrating. Thanks for still participating in the hop!

TrueCAGirl said...

Such a cute idea! I love the idea of putting the teacher's name on it. (BTW...We don't find out who my son's teacher is going to be until two days before school starts! Ugh!) Thanks for sharing!

Katie O'Mary said...

I get the idea you were going for. I love the chalkboard paint idea. I think I need to get some of this :)

rinosprincess03@gmail.com

kricketts said...

Its a really cute idea! I need to get some of that chalkboard paint! Thank you for sharing!

~Kim

lmkindell1 said...

Great Idea It will work out ok.(I hope for you).

Linda

lmkindell1@verizon.net
lindashappyplace.blogspot.com

TyTynNiyasmom said...

I didn't know walmart sold chalkboard paint. What a great idea.

Candace
mypassion4scrappin.blogspot.com

Auntie Em said...

This is such a cute idea and no matter what you decorate it with I am sure the teacher will really like it. I love the chalkboard paint idea.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Lisha said...

Love your creation hope your ricute will be ok
Felisa
fasloan at yahoo dot com

Jamie M. said...

Well it is a great start and good idea. I hate when everything seems to go wrong while doing a project. http://craftygirl21.blogspot.com/

Miriam said...

really pretty!! Thanks

jenni said...

That is such a cute idea, even if you didn't get to finish it!
jpshirley@ymail.com

joydee1963 said...

Great idea,joydee1963 at yahoo dot com

jo (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So sweet! :)

-Jo:)
joboogie at gmail dot com

Jill Angel said...

Definitely get the idea you are trying to portray! Sorry about your Cricut. I love the idea of chalkboard paint on the sides! Too cool! TFS!
Jill
http://craftwithanangel.blogspot.com/

Amanda said...

i like it so far! I think when u finish it~it will be adorable! My oldest starts 1st grade this year! following via gfc! thanx~prhmangel at gmail dot com

Percilla G said...

Oh I really like this idea.
This way she can write reminders on it. As teachers it always seems like we have a list of things to do and get done.
Very cute
perderg{at}q{dot}com

Melissa said...

Such a wonderful idea! We teachers always need a place to store our "stuff" and this is perfect!!!

Melissa
dolfnz777@yahoo.com

GabyCreates.com said...

I get the idea and its a super idea Celeste!

GabyCreates.com said...

Oh I really like the chalkboard paint!

Angie P. said...

I like the chalkboard paint idea! I totally get the idea! TFS!
ash2jay@aol.com

Cristi said...

I have always wanted to try chalkboard paint. I am sorry about your cricut. I hope it will work or you find one for cheep.
Big hugs
Cristi

VinDeeLoo said...

I love it. I have one suggestion when doing something with chalkboard paint. Give the recipient some dust free chalk. I never use a chalkboard because I am allergic to the dust. Some students in the room may be allergic too. The dust free chalk could be a lifesaver. :)

VinDeeLoo
vndlewis at rocketmail dot com
vindeeloosthisnthat.blogspot.com

Micia said...

Awe your box is sweet :) I like the idea of it :) what are you going to fill it with ?

Micia
yellowbirdcreation@gmail.com

Lisa R. said...

Great gift idea. Love the chalboard paint idea, sounds neat! TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

smyiow said...

Super cute! Sorry to hear about your Cricut!

Lynda said...

Love the idea behind your project! Can't wait to see how it turns out! TFS

Lynda
Rlhamm1 at gmail dot com
Blossomingbutterflycreations.blogspot.com

Emily said...

Great job on your project! The teacher will love it! Hope your cricut gets on the mend soon :)

Nette R said...

Cute idea. I really like the chalkboard paint.

netter at q dot com

Tiffany said...

The teacher will love this :) It is cute the way it is so I bet it will be even cuter when it is finished! TFS

tiffanymarierice@yahoo.com

sharon g said...

I LOVE the chalkboard look!

ScrapinShana said...

Cute idea! Love using chalkboard paint!!

brittmartin0910 said...

I love your idea. Thank you for sharing.

brittmartin1288@yahoo.com

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

It is a very good start. Teacher can write a note to herself on the sides of the box. Have you purchased your kids' school supplies? Maybe you can find some items there to use. Or you could make some little note cards for teacher to use.
http://www.KristasPapercafe.com
KristaInMN at gmail dot com

Judy said...

It will all come together when you get the name (or to the store)! It is a great idea with the chalk board paint - love the idea!
jejaeb at cfl dot rr dot com

Cynthia B. said...

Love the idea about chalkboard paint. Just got my daughter's teacher letter this afternoon - it was almost 5 PM?! Everyone ELSE had gotten their letter already. Anyway - this will be a great gift for your son's teacher -whoever he or she is. ;) TFS!

Frank-LEE Speaking... said...

It can still be a great idea. Hope you're able to get some letters for it. I'm sure the teacher will appreciate it. Smooches... Felicia - frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com

Gloria Westerman said...

Sense it's chalkboard paint write a sweet saying....thank you for sharing this...

Jamie said...

Great Idea! I think it will look great once you finish it!

Jamie
jlieungh23@gmail.com
jamiek711designs.blogspot.com

teachU14 said...

Great idea! I need to get some chalk board paint for a few projects.


www.shortycreations.com

Stephanie Caudales said...

This is a great idea, the teacher can store pretty much anything she wants in there. You did a great job. Thanks for the chance to win. Stephanie Caudales
Scaudales@yahoo.com

MeMe said...

I have to use this chalkboard paint. I love your idea.
Pat
plweir1969@yahoo.com

Nadia's World said...

Love the chalkboard idea! I am sure your project is going to turn out lovely and your child's teacher will be pleased...

TFS!

Nicole T.
niclax13@gmail.com

Scrappin' Sista said...

I can see where you are going with your box. It will be beautiful. I do love the paper. TFS!!!

Christel
http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com
askscrappinsista (at) hotmail (dot) com

Hawks Nest Hobbies said...

Keep the idea and you'll get that project done. Believe me we have all been there. Provo craft is fantastic to work with 1-877-7cricut. They just replaced my gypsy that was fried during updating at no cost they even covered S&H.

Debbie :)

pfry said...

This is a wonderful Idea..I am also an hour away from any scrapping stores..Any teacher will love this..
pfry@highland.net

callyannc said...

I got the idea and it is way cool! Thanks CallyAnn
http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com

Stefani said...

what a great idea!

Karenan said...

Love the idea, and you'll be able to make it work!

Ms. Scrappy2U! said...

Sorry your Cricut has the flu! I hope it feels better soon.

Your box is going to be really cute. I love the idea of the chalkboard paint. I think you're off to a great start!

http://msscrappycreations.blogspot.com/

L.B. said...

Great box and I look forard to your finaly product...just means stopping by again anther day..sorry about your C on the fritz

thestampingbug said...

Love that little box...You'll see it all works out for you when you find out the name of your child's teacher and learn a little bit about them...There's nothing better than a personalized gift with some reall THOUGHT behind it. Any teacher would be proud to have this on their desk (wait...I don't use a desk in my classroom!)
Kerry

Debbie said...

What a great little box! The teacher will Love it
tfs
bdtktr at gmail dot com
craftinwithmypups.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

Cute!! I love the colors!

Ashley

scraphappyvic said...

Love this idea. I didn't know there was chalkboard paint. It looks great now and will look even better with the teacher's name. Great job!

scraphappyvic@yahoo.com

debz said...

Great box love the chalkboard paint idea!




debz831 at hotmail dot com

Angela R said...

Love your idea! This is perfect for so m any things! I am a soon to be teacher and all the ideas possible help and this hop is perfect! Thank you so much for sharing!
Contact Info: arebori0204@gmail.com or
www.scraptillyadrop.blogspot.com

Darlene said...

I've never used chalkboard paint. I'll have to give it a try. Looks like you have a fabulous box that could be given as is!

mockingbird135@aol.com

Soesty said...

Off to a great start ! Love the chalkboard paint ! The closest scrapbooking store closed last year..so now I buy everything online ! Ebay, online stores, etc...can find some really great deals too! Thanks for sharing your wonderful idea!

Laura (tweetyb) said...

Great idea w/the chalkboard paint! :)
♥ Laura ♥
tweetyb@satx.rr.com
http://laurascraftsandmore.blogspot.com/

catnap said...

I can relate to your story! I run into those stumbling blocks all the time. At least I have stores nearby. Love the idea starter anyway.

Viviana Jara (Chile) said...

Super cute idea!!!!!!. ;)

vjg2512@gmail.com

sweetlilscrapper said...

any teacher would love this!

sweetlilscrapper.blogspot.com
sweetlilscrapper at hotmail dot ca

girlia said...

Great idea! wiglo@sbcglobal.net

mimikat33 said...

Very unique idea, thanks for sharing,

Kat
cricutcardcreating.blogspot.com
ayers12887@gmail.com

Maria Elena said...

Great project Celeste ! It was my honor too to be with you in this blog hop !
Thanks for commenting in my blog ;)
Have a great Wednesday !
~Maria Elena~
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/