Saturday, July 17, 2010

Well, such is life . . .

It's been a tough week.  I received a call on Tuesday from my boss with some upsetting news.  Upper management had made a decision that they will no longer have any employees working from home (which is me).  What can I say - when it rains, it pours!!!  Very upsetting news!  Thank heaven my Hubby is the bread winner, but this means that we're going to be cutting down on our extra spending.  **Translation - Celeste doesn't get any new carts for a while!!!!!**  :(

I can't be too upset, I thought it would happen eventually I just hoped I would have more time.  It is hard for me to accept, and my boss had a hard time too.  I have been her assistant for the last 5 plus years.  We work AMAZINGLY together!  She is one of my best friends!!!  I wanted to give her a card to thank her for being such a great boss, but more importantly, my friend!  She's one of those people that touches your heart and soul!! 


This card was made from some paper I got at a local paper/envelope store and scraps.  The word 'friends' is from Gypsy Wanderings and the flower and dragonfly is from Home Decor. 

4 Wonderful Comment(s):

liz said...

I'm sorry about your job! It's really hard right now...but when one door closes another opens...

You'll just have to make that gypsy work your carts into different things ;o)

btw, I'm sure your boss/friend is going to love the card!
liz :o)

DORCAS said...

First, I am so sorry about your job. But it's nice that you have your chin up. Let's hope for the best. And as for this card…BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

TFS!

~Dorcas

Alex said...

oh I'm sorry about the job news :( great card tfs :)

Ladybug said...

Celeste, sorry about your job! Hopefully something good will come out of it all.

Beautiful card! I'm sure your boss loved it. Who wouldn't!!