Saturday, August 14, 2010

Throwback Thursday

I LOVE the Throwback Thursday Challenge, it is held by Emma over at My Creative Time.  She challenges crafters to use an older cart and go with the theme.  This week the challenge was to use the Paisley cartridge and to use a "Back to School" theme.  Well, I don't have Paisley (although it's on my very long wish list), so I just used the Plantin Schoolbook and Hannah Montana carts.  The card is for my little girl, she gets to go to Kindergarten this year (and she is so excited)!!!   She is our oldest so this is a first for my DH and I; we'll see how her younger brother copes with her being gone (they're best buds).   I wanted to make her first day of school extra special for her; knowing how much she loves cards, I know she'll love it!!!  I loved making it for her!!!

The font is from Hannah Montana and the apple is from Plantin Schoolbook.  The apple is actually a spinner (two pennies separated by a pop dot).  I've seen a few of these around, sorry I can't pin-point the one site that I found it on.  If it was from your site, just let me know because I'd love to give you credit!!  Thanks for stopping by!!

3 Wonderful Comment(s):

TUKI said...

Aw, I loved your story... I'm sure your daughter will be giddy with excitement when she receives it!!

My Creative Time said...

awwwh Celeste! Your card is AMAZING! Your daughter is going to cherish it forever! Save it & scrapbook it for her!;)WOW, kindergarten, I remember that like it was yesterday for my boys:( Your little girl will have a GREAT time w/all her NEW friends! You did a FANTASTIC job w/the challenge my friend!
Gypsy Hugs,
Emma;)

ownhomedog said...

how sweet! your daughter is so lucky to have a sweet & crafty mom! great job!