Wednesday, September 1, 2010

You're the best - Challenges

Long story short - I was trying to create a cute card for a lady in my church group.  I was blog surfing (like I always do when in need of inspiration) and I two awesome blogs had different challenges.  Made by Momo challenged everyone to use black, white and only one other color; that got my brain going.  Then I went to another fav - Cricut Cardz Challenge blog.  They are challenging everyone to use a scalloped shape.  After those two, this is what I came up with; I hope my friend likes it.

The scallops are from Ashlyn's Alphabet and the shoe is from Gypsy Wanderings.  I put the red paper through the Cuttle Bug along with the white one.  I used the Xyron technique for the glitter and topped it off with Glossy Accents to really stand out.  The stamp is from a set I purchased a while ago at Roberts, I'm sorry I don't know the name of the set.  Thanks for stopping by!! :)

19 Wonderful Comment(s):

*Star said...

Wow, I love how the shoe came out. Tfs and have a great day. :)

Lezlye said...

Very nice! I love the red and black together and your glitter technique on the shoe is FAB. Thanks for playing along on CCC!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great card! The shoe is perfect!

girlia said...

This card is terrific. I love everything about it. Great Job!

Evelyn said...

Great card , love the shoe so cute. Thanks for playing CCC

Janis said...

That shoe is awesome! Great card! Thanks for playing with us at CCC! :) Janis DT #1

Adrian said...

sooo cute!

Coachfans said...

What a great card! I need to know how to add glitter with the Xyron machine. I have looked at it numerous time when I go shopping, but I am just not sure. Is it worth getting? I can ask my daughter for my birthday if it is.

Georgiana ; )

Melissa said...

That shoe is so cute, absolutely adorable!! Thanks so much for joining us at CCC.

Jeri said...

What a cute card. I love how you topped your glitter on the shoe with glossy accents. I wouldn't have thought of that. Thanks for the tip and playing along at CCC.

Denise said...

Love that shoe. It is adorable. Just what I need for my daughter who is planning to be Dorthy this year for Halloween.

The card is adorable and thank you for sharing the tips of how you did it.
Denise @
http://cricutmyway.blogspot.com

Chris Wooten said...

love it and i hope to try to do those challenges but not sure if i can.

Mari AKA Momo said...

Love the way that the shoe came out!!! Adorable!!! Thanks for joining in! XOXO Momo

Raven B said...

CELESTE!!! That slipper is awesome. I LOVE all of the bling. Too cute.
Thanks for playing along with us at Cricut Cardz Challenge
Hugs,
Raven

Monica Ward said...

My 9 year old would love this card...she is shoe obsessed! Very hip! Thanks for playing along with CCC #40.

Ruthie said...

Hi Celeste!

What a cute card! I am sure your friend is going to LOVE it!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCC!

Ruthie :)

crazyaboutcricut said...

That is gorgeous! Glitter is always good! Thanks for playing with us over at Cricut Cardz Challenge!

teachU14 said...

How elegant! The shoe is so beautiful. Great Job!

DORCAS said...

This is so cute! I love that SHOE!!! So sexy!! Thanks for sharing!!