Friday, November 5, 2010

Fabulous Fall Blog Hop

Scroll down or click here to see the winner of the 80's blog hop!

Photobucket


Welcome to the Fabulous Fall Blog Hop!!!  I was so excited to be invited to participate in this wonderful blog hop!!!  I hope you've had a great time along the way!  I'm guessing you just came over after visiting Yvette at The Little Things (isn't she amazing?!), if you happened to stop by my blog first you may just want to start at the beginning with Cheryl at Cards by CG; we have some amazing giveaways you'll want to know about!! :)

Moving to my creation for today. :)  This was a new type of card that I have never made before.  You'll see on the second picture that it opens up with a cut out in the middle with a leaf dangling.  It took a little bit, but I think it turned out cute. :)  I made it with my Gypsy using the Gypsy Wanderings for the leaves.  I used the Mickey Font cartridge for the letters in 'Thanks' and welded them together.  The border punch is one of the MS all around punches.  The paper is from the DCWV Recycle pack (I can't remember the exact name of the pack - Sorry)!!!!


You can click on the pictures for a closer look (just don't look too close, because I'm sure you'll see my many mistakes some of the cards' personality). :)

**UPDATE:  I've had several people ask for a step by step on how to make this card (I'm truly sorry, I thought there were a lot of these around).  Since I do not own a video camera I will make a photo step by step guide after the Blog Hop is over to show how I made this type of card.**

Like I said before I hope you've checked out Cheryl's blog because you will see all of the amazing things that our wonderful sponsors are giving away.  I also have a little blog candy of my own! :)

 To be eligible to win my blog candy all you have to do is leave a comment.  This hop will be going on for three days, so if you leave a comment on each of the three posts you'll have a total of three chances (make sense?) :)  If you like my style and my creations than I would love to have you be a follower, but it is NOT required!! :)  Only one comment per post, please. :)  I'm only able to send the candy to US residents; I'm so sorry, but I hope you understand!

Now that you've gone through all of the blogs in the hop - make sure you start again with Cheryl at Cards by CG tomorrow morning for some more Fall Fun!!!!

Just in case you need it - here is a list of all of the AMAZING ladies that are participating in the hop:


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I'm so glad you did!!!  I hope you've had fun, and don't forget to stop by again tomorrow!! :)

84 Wonderful Comment(s):

Melissa said...

I love the printed paper you used to cut your leaf! Great job!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

Celeste said...

Wonderful card.... I love it...thank you for hte chance to win some fab candy

Scrapnatic said...

Very cute!! :)

Scrapnatic said...

Very cute!! :)

Darlene said...

wow! how cool is that. Does this type of card have a name??

desaucier at bellsouth dot net

Darlene

Rhonda Emery said...

I love your card. so pretty.

jennyplace2 said...

What a great card! I love the differnt fold. TFS.

JD said...

Fun card! Love how you used the leaf from the inside cutout on the front of your card. No scraps... :-)

craftaholic said...

I think you did An Awesome job on the card!!! It is very Nice! TFS and can't wait till tomorrow!!!
I have blog candy over at....
http://ibecircled.blogspot.com ilovetonkinese2athotmaildotcom
Rexann

Cricut Chick said...

Very nice! I love this idea and want to try it myself! Thank you for sharing this idea with us:)

Cricut Chick
www.cricutchick.com
cricutchick@rocketmail.com

Lesley from WI said...

Great fall card. I love that leaf and the design is really cool!

Debbie said...

great idea and very cute, tfs Debbie @http://craftydeb-ddscrafts.blogspot.com/

Scrappy Heartz said...

I have never seen a card like that! Great job!! Thanks so much for sharing!

HeartAMZ1@aol.com
Debbie Chapman

KellyJo'sKreations said...

Great card! Thanks for sharing!

The Purple Scrapbooker said...

OHHHHHH, that looks so awesome!! Why does everything you do make me smile?? As always, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! Now, you just have to teach me how you did it!!

Brenda said...

Awesome card. I looked close and didn't see any mistakes. Love the idea

Burffrau @ aol dot com

Marianne said...

Wow, that is awesome. I would love to have more detailed information on how you made your card. Thank you for sharing.

Marianne S.
sthquilter at gmail dot com

Cheryl Gaffney said...

Oh Celeste!! What a beautiful tunnel card you've created!! I'll have to see about making one for myself. Truly amazing! :)

TFS, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

Libby Beach said...

Very cute!! :)

lamerlisa@hotmail.com said...

very cute idea!!!


Lisa
lamerlisa@hotmail.com
www.lisakelly110803.blogspot.com

Debi said...

I've seen this type of card before (on Cheryl's Etsy page, I think) and I love it every time I see them!

Thanks for sharing, Debi

Dana said...

The card turned out great! Nice job!

Bonnie said...

What a creative layout love it love it

Ticketgoddess said...

What mistakes they are scrapbooking opportunities!! You did a fantastic job!
Bev B
bevborda at yahoo dot com

Carol said...

What a great card, thank you for sharing. Can you share the recipe for this card? I love it!! chale@gci.net

maystamper said...

Cute idea. Love the lace edge punch!

Minta's Creations said...

Love your card! too cute!!
Minta

mintab@gmail.com

http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

Lindy said...

Wonderful card....thanks for the chance.

Hugs...

*Star said...

That is such a cool card! I've never seen one like this before. Tfs and have a great day. :)

Becky said...

this is an awesome creation! Love it!

thanks for the chance to win =-) can't wait to check in tomorrow and see what you have created =)

Colleen said...

I just got the MS punch last week on clearance (I think accidentally marked) and now have a great way to use it! Thanks!

Jamie said...

wow this card is so cool.. i've never seen a card made this way before.. thanks so much for sharing!
-jamie
babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

Karen said...

What an awesome card. You used so many neat different embelishments. I love it. Thank you for sharing.

Kim said...

Super card. Love leaves...and fall is the greatest time of the year! Thank you for sharing a great idea, can always use them.

Frndly1 said...

Great card and I just love that paper. I have some of it.

Manhattan Mandie said...

This is so cute! I love it!

Esmommy said...

very cute. Yummy looking blog candy as well. can't wait for tomorrow.
TFS
tracy
NYGIRL1994@yahoo.com

Chris Wooten said...

love your project you made for the hop. i am on vacation and check my facebook and found this fun happening. thought i would stop over a bit.

thanks

wow thank you. i have current giveaways too, but bummed because can be in on those, lol.

now i have a new friend in you thanks,

chris
http://turnedgypsy.blogspot.com
mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com

Jen said...

I think you did a fabulous job on it!!! Very cute. TFS
hugs,jen
jennyscards.blogspot.com

Marionment said...

Great card. I love the layout of it. Thanks for a chance to win.
marionment@msn.com

hectorhd517 said...

Love the cut-out technique you used on this card! Very unique! TFS and for the chance to win!
Kim
hectorhd517@yahoo.com

VeronicaA said...

I love your card, particularly the dangling leaf. It turned out to be adorable. Thanks for sharing and the opportunity to win.
Veronica
vballen@comcast.net

2Ksmommy said...

Love it! I wish I had the patience to figure out cuts like this!

Janis said...

That is so cool! I've never made a card like that. How neat-o! And I loved your striking out the mistakes and saying "personality" instead. LOL That sounds like something I would say. It's ART! There are no mistakes in art - just character. See you tomorrow! :) Janis northrose@slowar.com

Scrappy Jackie said...

THis is a pretty cool project. I love how the leaf is just floating!

Stephanie said...

I like the style of your card. Love he paper you used.

Lisa J said...

Oh my I love how you did this card and can't wait to get the step by step directions! Again you amaze me! :)

Heather said...

Great card! TFS!
ra6352 (at) gmail (dot) com

Janet said...

I love the card so different . look forward to a step by step. TFS

Cindylu2u said...

Love this card, so glad your going to do a step by step on it later!! Thanks!!

Carol E. said...

What a great card. I may have to try one of those and am looking forward to seeing the instructions.
cjtj1999 at hotmail dot com

doris said...

Very cute card! I've been wanting to try one like this myself. I'm thinking my first one will be a Christmas card with a dangling snowflake. Thank you for the inspiration! :-)

Anna said...

Great Card...Just adorable!!!
thanks for the chance to win.
annadowdy at gmail dot com

A Scrap Above said...

Hi Celeste~
What mistakes? This is a WONDERFUL card, and YES, you need to post instructions on this, I would love to try and make one! I love the dangling leaf, the color of the paper makes it look like a real fall leaf! Great Job!
I am already a follower and love your projects.
TFS and a chance to win
Bonnie C
http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
ascrapabove at aol dot com

stefeni said...

This is such a great card! Love everything about it! Can't wait for the tutorial!

spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

BUZZY BEE DESIGNS & GRAPHICS said...

Fall is my favorite time of the year with all the changing colors and the cool crisp air. Just a beautiful time of year.
Rebecca Minor
buzzybeedesignsATyahooDOTcom
http://buzzybeedesigns.blogspot.com

BUZZY BEE DESIGNS & GRAPHICS said...

Fall is my favorite time of the year with all the changing colors and the cool crisp air. Just a beautiful time of year.
Rebecca Minor
buzzybeedesignsATyahooDOTcom
http://buzzybeedesigns.blogspot.com

nineteen82 said...

Way Cool!!! I have seen these cards in a few magazines and they make such an impact. great job!!

Michelle said...

LOVE that card, Ive seen similar ones but never tried to make one, beautiful!
www.scrappinwithmybug.com

scrappydappydoodler said...

cute card. Love the way its cut out.

Darline said...

LOVEEEEE this card! I can't wait for the "how to" instructions..perfect for Thanksgiving :)

Kathy said...

Beautiful card! I look forward to seeing the instructions. Thanks for sharing!
kmgillon at yahoo dot com

Deb Long said...

This card is fantastic!!!

Sharon said...

Love that card and I will be back to check out your tutorial! The border is my favorite part. It's gorgeous!! Great job!!

Karenduch said...

Very cool card! I will become a follower - I think your designs are awesome! Thanks!
ladydevine73 at hotmail dot com

Khristen said...

Lovely card, I'll be watching for that tutorial!

Janice said...

Really pretty card. The border punch is beautiful, just set the rest of the card off wonderfully.

Grams716 said...

Pretty card and perfect combination of colors for fall!
TFS

Vicki said...

Great card. I am a follower - can't wait for the instructions.

just-cut-n-up said...

Pretty card! I love folded cards.

Amber said...

Great card! You know - most people will not notice a card's "personality" unless you point it out! Ha! I love that you called it that!

Chereazy said...

Love this card. Super cute! Thanks!

roseange said...

Loving your work!!!! Unable to access the follow link now, but will definitely try again. Thanks for sharing!

roseange2008@gmail.com

4kids4 said...

Pretty card...I've never seen one of these. Love your patterned paper...and isn't Mickey Font the best? TFS!

~Sharon C.

GoddessMychele said...

That is such a clever idea! I love the dangling leaf. I can't wait to come back and check out the tutorial that you will be adding!

Lymari said...

really cute card love the colors!!!

Shawna Magrum Pederson said...

This is a beautiful card! Yea you for figuring out how to put the leaf in the middle!

Trisha said...

Great job on the card, Celeste. Thanks for sharing and the chance to win.

Trisha
patnbobcuddy@gmail.com

teachU14 said...

Wow!!! This card is awesome! I just LOVE that fold and I'm looking forward to seeing the pics on how to do it. Great Job!

Faye Scott said...

Your card is awesome! I love the paper you used, and the leaf cut out what a clever idea.
fayescott(at)rocketmail(dot)com

Debbi said...

Great card! I love the dangling leaf!
*smiles*
debbi

PinkBlingCrafter said...

Lovely card!!Great colors and the style of card!!!

mbchoj said...

Love this card. Really like this punch. will need to try this card.
mbchoj at aol dot com

donna habbibi said...

loved the card!!! really creative...thanks for the chance of winning
habis1088@gmail.com