Saturday, November 6, 2010

Fabulous Fall Blog Hop - Day 2

Photobucket


Welcome to Day 2 of the Fabulous Fall Blog Hop!!!  I hope you're having fun!!  I'm guessing you just came over after visiting Yvette at The Little Things.  Remember - if you came here first make sure you start at the beginning with Cheryl at Cards by CG. :)

For those that know a little about my style you'll know that my little ones often 'help' with my creations; I am first and foremost a Mommy!!  Well, the post today may seem a little cheesy so I hope you don't mind!!!

This coming up week we will be visiting my Parents and my siblings (my dear sister is leaving for an LDS mission), so she will be gone for two years.  Since we are not able to visit my family as often as we'd like, we try to bring cute little homemade gifts from my little ones to give to the family.  It may be as simple as a card or a picture; but with Thanksgiving coming up we wanted to make something a little different.   So here's what we made. :)

  ROCK TURKEYS!!!!!!
My little ones had a blast making these fun little guys!  We went for a walk and found some rocks that were a little bit bigger than the palm of their hands and a smaller one as a head.  I traced their hands onto white cardstock and let them color them.  I cut them after they were colored because I knew that there was no way my youngest would be able to just color the paper (my whole table would have been blue). :)  They didn't want me to paint the rocks (like I had originally wanted); instead they wanted to color them with crayons.  We did use a sharpie for the eyes; my little girl is old enough that she colored the eyes and mouth on hers (the turkey on the right).  I just hot glued the rocks together as well as hot glued the 'feathers' to the 'body'.

Like I said, a super cheesy post!!!  Nothing fancy, just a fun activity to do with any child. :)  I'd love to hear about fun craft activities you've done with a child in your life!

Thank you so much for stopping by!!!  Don't forget about the blog candy I'm offering (click here for more info) as well as the blog candy from our wonderful sponsors (click here for that specific post on Cheryl's blog).

Now that you've gone through all of the blogs in the hop - make sure you start again with Cheryl at Cards by CG tomorrow morning for the last day of our Fabulous Fall Blog Hop!!!!

Just in case you need it - here is a list of all of the AMAZING ladies that are participating in the hop:


Thanks again for stopping by!  I'm so glad you did!!!  I hope you've had fun, and don't forget to stop by again tomorrow!! :)

64 Wonderful Comment(s):

Deb Long said...

LOVE THESE!!! It's a rainy day here in New England, and this is the perfect project for my little ones to do today! Thank you!

Sharon said...

Ah, cheesy? No!! Precious? Yes!! Of all the things I have of my two boys, the ones I love most are those that involve their handprints. It's like I can reach back to that time and touch the little person they were then. I miss those little people, lol. My boys are now 6' and 6'1". The 13 year old is soon going to pass his 21 year old brother and he has caught up with Dad. He passed Mom 2 or 3 years ago. Ha! He loved it when that happened. Kids just get better and better, don't they? But I still miss them being little. Hugs! I love these!

Celeste said...

these Rock Turkeys are the cutest ever..... YOur kids did a great job...

Yvette said...

Oh so cute! The kids would have a blast making those.

Lindy said...

OMGoodness....they are sooo stinkin' cute. Your kiddo's did a fabolous job. I might have to try these with my little one.

TFS! Hugs...

Karenduch said...

a project involving your children is never cheesy! it is quality family time! great job! ladydevine73 at hotmail dot com

Binnie said...

I love cheesy. It shows imagination. I don't have a blog yet but I'm working on it.

Kathy said...

How cute! I remember the days of tracing their hands for Turkey feathers. Of course, my youngest is getting ready to turn 21 tomorrow. How time flies.

The Purple Scrapbooker said...

Well... you did it again! These are sooooo cute, I can't even stand it! What a GREAT idea! There is no cheese involved, just amazing out of the box thinking...as always!

Khristen said...

Not cheesy at all! Love these! I do crafty stuff with my little ones all the time...when my older 2 are at school, my 2yr old and a little boy I watch during the week who is 4, do all sorts of crafty activities. We did coffee filter turkeys, ghost banners (with a little help from my cricut of course) and pumpkins. I love this idea, and will have to try it out with them next week! Thanks for the great idea!

JD said...

Kids crafts are so much fun. I will have to share this with my mom for her daycare kids. TFS!!

Lesley from WI said...

I think this is a super idea and fun craft activity to do with your child! Super cute.

2Ksmommy said...

Thanks for a great ides! I can just imagine what other kinds of creations kiddos could come up with!

Brenda said...

OMG, how cute is this? What a clever idea. I love it.

Janice said...

Not cheesy! When you put all these blog hops together they spell"FAMILY". Everyone can find a project to do. That is what Thanksgiving is all about--Family.

Darlene said...

aww!! Good luck to your sister. These are very sweet and I'm sure your parents will give them a place of honor at their house. One year I brought all the supplies for the little kids to make their own indian head dresses. That way I entertained the kids while the food was being prepared.

desaucier at bellsouth dot net
Darlene

Darline said...

Not cheesy at all! Love homemade crafts & cards from my children..they have more meaning because I know they put time, creativeness, etc..in it. Really cute idea with making the turkey bodies out of rocks!

Cricut Chick said...

OMG! These are so Darn Cute!

Awesome!

Cricut Chick
cricutchick@rocketmail.com
www.cricutchick.com

Libby Beach said...

ok, I'll admit, these did make me LOL, but only because they look like so much fun for the little ones to make!! :) I think your kids did an excellent job and I am most certainly going to try it with my little one! :) Thanks for sharing
~Libby @ beachcreationsforyou.blogspot.com

Holly said...

Love these rock turkeys. It is a great idea I can use for my 2 and 4 year old boys... Thanks!

Holly

hollyshobbie at gmail dot com

A Scrap Above said...

Celeste~

How precious! I love these little guys, and I know your family will think they are beautiful.
TFS and a chance to win
Bonnie C
http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
ascrapabove at aol dot com

Vicki said...

Those turkeys are too cute. Might have to make some with my grandsons.

Scrappy Jackie said...

Those are adorable. I need to make some with my nieces and nephews. THey will love them!

Ruby Taylor said...

Not cheesy at all! What a wonderful project to be able to include your children in. Fantastic idea!

Faye Scott said...

Those Rock Turkeys are completely adorable! so,so cute:)

doris said...

I don't think that's cheesy at all! I have 5 kids of my own and love this type of project. I like any craft that involves the kids. I'm sure they had a blast (I sure hope you took pics of them working on them...those make great scrapbook pics!).

Rhonda Jo said...

Now I know what my 5 year old and I will be crafting today! Thanks for a great new idea!

Stephanie said...

I love your project. I'll have to do some with my grandson. They would make very cute place cards.

Becky said...

OMGosh! What a great idea. I want to make these with my boys. Thanks for the idea!! It's going to be fun. How cute are kids crafts. <3

Thank you for sharing!

Lisa J said...

Crafts with kids are the most rewarding of all! The turkey's look fabulous and I wish I could see the look on their faces when they give them to their intended person! Tell them I said STINKIN CUTE! Thanks for Sharing!

DEBBIE ORR said...

Not Cheesy these are adorable the gifts made by kids are the best gifts I love everything my son ever made me my favorite part of decorating our Christmas tree is putting on the decorations made by my son each year in Elementary School

Dana said...

Love the idea!

dmcarlisle09atgmaildotcom

Amber said...

I think it's sweet that you posted your kids projects. Mine would love it if they made my blog!

Jamie said...

lol this is a really cute idea.. all i've seen done before are the turkeys made from pinecones .. thanks for sharing :)
-jamie
babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

Kathy said...

Super cute, and NOT cheesy at all! I know my parents cherish hand made gifts! Each time we visit with them, my mom has a different project to make with us. My little princess loves rocks and this would be fun to make with her! Thanks for sharing!
kmgillon at yahoo dot com

craftaholic said...

I think it is a Great Idea and very creative!!! TFS!!!!
http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
ilovetonkinese2athotmaildotcom
Rexann

Esmommy said...

very very cute, what a great idea to do with the kids. TFS
tracy
NYGIRL1994 at yahoo dot com

Karen said...

No they are not cheesy. They take me back to my childhood. You are a great mom to get your children involved in crafts as gifts. Thank you for sharing. Enjoy your time with your family.

nineteen82 said...

What a great project to do with your kids. I love it. I bet they had a ton of fun too which is what matters most

Missy said...

This is such a cute and ez project for kids. Love the idea. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.
Missy
kalittadog@yahoo.com

stefeni said...

So cute!! Rock turkeys, I love it!

spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

*Star said...

Those are so cute! I love doing crafts with my kids. Every year we do some kids of hand craft for thanksgiving. I always amazes me to see the differences in hand size and the way they decorate them as they get older every year.
Tfs and have a great day. :)

Anna said...

What wonderful memories!!! Nothing like that. Thanks for sharing. annadowdy at gmail dot com

Chereazy said...

Oh these are so adorable! I love to see things that kids make. I grew up with my mom constantly showcasing our art. So creative!!

VeronicaA said...

Cute, cute, cute! I know that you all had a ball. Thanks for sharing and the opportunity to win.
Veronica
vballen@comcast.net

Marionment said...

These rock turkeys are too cute!! I hope you have a blast with your family. Thanks for sharing.
marionment@msn.com

Cindylu2u said...

I love your cheesey ideal, you and Jen both have given me ideals to entertain the grandbabies on Turkey day, while we are cooking!! Love it!!

Debi said...

Love the handprint rock turkeys! very cute!!

Thanks for sharing, Debi

Cheryl Gaffney said...

I love these turkeys. My two boys will have to give this great craft a try. You know boys, they always have rocks in their pockets anyway! :)

TFS, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

Cricut Couple said...

OMG! How much fun are these?!? That a fun idea! Thanks so much for sharing your talents! This blog hop is so much fun!

Most Sincerely,
Bobby & Jill
http://cricutcouple.blogspot.com
cricutcouple@gmail.com

Janis said...

I love the rock turkeys! Looks like they are trained too - you've taught them to sit and stay! You go, girl. :) Janis northrose@slowar.com

Carol E. said...

Cute idea. I love crafting with my kids as it creates memories and good times. It also helps build their creativity. Thanks for sharing.
cjtj1999 at hotmail dot com

GoddessMychele said...

Cheesy ROCKS :-) I love these turkeys, so precious! It's fun to create with our little ones- they are so creative and full of inspiration for us!
goddessmychele at gmail dot com

Lymari said...

so cute crafting is so much more fun when you have your kids help...

Shawna Magrum Pederson said...

Great craft for kids of all ages!

Melissa said...

What a great craft idea for the kids at school! So cute!!!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

teachU14 said...

Your kids rock! What a great project to do as a family :)

Manhattan Mandie said...

This is such a cool idea! I am going to have to do this with my daughters! They are 4 and 1 and I think if I can get the little one to trace her hand they will love this project!

Debbi said...

I love this post!! It's awesome that you included your kiddos in the blog hop--how great! And the rock turkeys are sure to be a hit with your family.
*smiles*
debbi

4kids4 said...

I love this! We've had rock turtles at our house!! Bet your family will LOVE these...so cute!

~Sharon C.

PinkBlingCrafter said...

Great project for my son and nieces to do. Thanks for sharing:)

mbchoj said...

How sweet! Things to cherish for years to come.
mbchoj at aol dot com

donna habbibi said...

loved this entry!!!great for kids!!!!
habis1088@gmail.com

JustYolie said...

LOL Cute rock turkeys!!