Friday, April 15, 2011

Basket Case Blog Hop

**For my Flaunt it Friday post click here or scroll down**


Welcome to the Basket Case Blog Hop!!!!  I hope you came after visiting Kristen @ My Fantabulous Life!  Isn't she amazing?!  If you just happened to visit me first make sure you start at the beginning with Rhonda over at Scrap Happens (you'll love her!!!!)!!! :)  You won't want to miss anything! :)

First I have to apologize, it has been a very hard week and I had a problem with my first project.  I had it all ready, and at the last minute (right before pictures) it was completely ruined.  So, I created something else at the last minute.  **I'm so sorry Rhonda!!**

This is something I am going to create with my little ones for Easter.  For those that know a little about me, you'll know that I love to create with my little ones. :)  Using the Animal Kingdom cartridge and the marker attachment I made 2 bunny outlines.  You could easily do these on a computer, this was just a little quicker this way.

My little ones are going to color the bunnies (which is always a blast for them to do and for me to watch). :)  After they are colored they will cut them out (using childproof scissors).   If you're anything like me you have a bunch of these puff balls around.

We're going to use the puff balls to decorate if they would like.  I used one on the nose, but knowing my little ones they'll decorate everything with these. :)  After they're decorated put them on a paper bag, attach a ribbon and you have a fun homemade Easter basket. :)

Now if you're like me, one of the fun parts of an Easter basket is the candy!  What would a hop be without candy, too?  Well, I have a little bit **sorry, I didn't take a picture**.  All you need to do is leave a comment on this post.  You don't have to be a follower, or anything; just comment.  A random winner will be picked on Wednesday, April 20th.

You're next stop is Carolee's Scrappin' Spot, and you'll love what she's created!!!!!!

If you get lost, here's the line-up:

Make sure you go visit Carolee's Scrappin' Spot next!  Thanks for stopping by! :)

46 Wonderful Comment(s):

Josie0602 said...

What a cute idea for crafting with the kiddos! This is something my granddaughter would enjoy as well.

phstennisfan said...

My grandkids would love to help grandma make these. Thanks. imamom88@hotmail.com

Darlene said...

sweeet! They will have fun with that!

Darlene
desaucier at bellsouth dot net

Celeste said...

Ohhhhh I love this idea... soooo cute.

Monique Barr said...

Great ideas for kids

Kate said...

This is so sweet! How fabulous that you involve your children so much in your crafting. I treasure the times that mine still want to help out!! Enjoy each and every minute!!

Rhonda Emery said...

I like the way you involve your children I love doing this too My gd loves to craft with me. I love this idea and I know they do to and will have a blast and lot of memories when they grow up. hugs

Amy said...

The memories your little ones will have of crafting with you will truly be priceless... My baby leaves for college (too) next year, and she STILL loves to pull out the crafting stuff to make things with me... Best. Feeling. Ever. :)

Thanks for sharing your ideas!! Happy to be hoppin' with ya today!! :)

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Sherrie K. said...

Love the idea!!! super cute!! Thanks for sharing! I am a new follower of yours, would love if you would stop by mine and follow too:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Judy Evors said...

A great idea to do with the little ones and oh WHAT memories.... TFS

Besthobbyeva said...

Love it Celeste, getting the kids involved!! Great idea!

Laurie

Jean said...

What a great idea to do with the kids.

Flamenco92627 said...

Super cute idea, my kids would love doing that! I gotta get me some of those puff balls!

Minta's Creations said...

Such a sweet idea..Love it.
Great to be hopping with you today!
Minta

Tammy said...

So cute.......great make.
Having fun hopping with you.
smiles...Tammy
tamminniesdesigns.blogspot.com

Carol said...

Too cute, I know my kids would love doing this! TFS

Liz said...

Whata greatkids craft! My grandsons love to craft in my room, this is an easy and NEAT one!! ha ha

Lizabratt(at)comcast.net
www.tryin2craft.blogspot.com

Audrey Frelx said...

So cute, and what a wonderful project to involve the children in!!!

Treva said...

Cute bunnies, a great kid's project too!

missrantsypants said...

Very cute and simple!
I could do this..and thats saying alot cause my crafting skills are very limited, so this makes me excited to try it!


clarkmurdock@yahoo.com

Janet said...

Love the project idea. Hope your little ones have lots of funn TFS
http://ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/

Lara said...

This is a great idea! Thanks for posting! lclass003 at gmail dot com

Tanya said...

Wonderful Idea :)

Tanya
phenis2031 at yahoo dot com
http://scrappylandusa.blogspot.com

pruttybird said...

What a great idea. I bet your kids will love creating it with you.

pruttybird at comcast dot net

Kaitlin said...

Very cute project:)

Kaitlin
angel1694@comcast.net
http://cupcakesandcards.blogspot.com/

Angela said...

Would love to see the pictures after the kids are done decorating them!!! Great idea!! TFS!! Hugs,
Angela
lauermaa at gmail dot com

McVic said...

Im sorry you had such a hard time! Thanks for the idea to craft with the kids- I always have a few in my craft room with me looking for something to do!'
kacee
mcvicwif@yahoo.com

Kris said...

What a fun project to do with your kids! TFS!

Kris in Alaska
funamom at yahoo dot com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Cute project! I love crafting with my kiddos! Super fun!

Cricut Design Chicks SWARM said...

I get the picture (so to say lol) I have a great idea for my grandkids next week.. Thanks! :)
parkernana5@cox.net

Rhonda Emery said...

thank you for being a part of my first blog hop. I had fun and I just wanted you to know Im really glad you joined me. hugs

Minta's Creations said...

I enjoyed hopping with you!
Hugs,
Minta

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

what a great idea for kiddo to do!

Sherrie K. said...

So cute:) Thanks for sharing!
Sherrie K

Babe O'Mara said...

Great project for sharing with the kids. Thanks so much. Nice job.

Babe
youiesmom@att.net

Kimmy-B said...

Great idea for the little ones... I work with seniors with dementia wonderful project for them too!!!

LaLa said...

What a cute bag!

I have an award for you on my blog.

~Lauren
queen_lade at yahoo.com
scrappinwithlala.blogspot.com

shersl84bed said...

This would be perfect for our Easter party this year. The kids would love to make their own bags before filling them during the egg hunt. Thanks for the great idea.

Smiles Sher
ShersL84bed@aol.com

Cyndi S said...

This sounds like fun. I have always enjoyed crafting with my kids. Fortunately my 13 year old daughter still enjoys that time we spend together.
cstephenson at q dot com

Anniebee said...

Well, isn't this just the cutest idea! Color your own Easter basket... love it! Even my grandkids are too old for this but you can bet I'm going to pass this idea on to a couple of my friends who have kids or grandkids young enough to enjoy it.
Thanks for the inspiration!

Anne
anniebeescraftroom.blogspot.com

djanef said...

These are so cute. So miss the days of "kid" projects. Well someday there will be grandchilden I guess.
Thanks for sharing
dpfagnant at prodigy dot net

mockoo12 said...

Nice project for the kids to help with. Thanks! (showdeb@yahoo.com)

Lynne said...

I love working with my kids, too. They are such a blessing and grow up way too soon.

Scrappin' Sista said...

What a great way to interact with your children. They did a great job! TFS such wonderful inspiration.

Christel (Scrappin' Sista)
http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

Tara said...

Awww I bet your kids love making things with you and this looks like a wonderful project to share with them. Thanks for sharing with us in blog world!
Tara

thecreativeprincess(at)hotmail(dot)com

AmyJRockstar said...

Those bunnies are just the cutest! I think I have this cartridge and I never use it! I better pull it out and take another look! Thanks for the inspiration Girlie!

Love ya,
XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB DT)
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com