Saturday, July 24, 2010

TT - Birthday Card

My dearest Grandpa just celebrated his 80th Birthday!!  YEAH GRANDPA!!!!  We are counting our blessings because he was the one that just suffered from a heart attack recently.  I had meant to make him a Birthday card and low-and-behold Emma with My Creative Time is doing a Throwback Thursday Birthday challenge.  She challenged crafters to use the Celebration cartridge.  Unfortunately this is not a cart I own.  If you don't own the cart Emma challenges you to use an older cart.  One of my older ones is Wild Card (one of my favs!!!)  I used the Wild Card cart for the shape of the card.  The number 80 was used from the Plantin Schoolbook cart and the cake in the background was from Disney Princess - Dreams Come True.  I know it has a ribbon, but I don't like the top of the card (where it folds) so I figured a brown ribbon should be OK even for a guys card, right?


To my Dear Grandpa - I love you and I'm glad you're around to celebrate you 80th Birthday!!!!!!  You mean the world to me; and no matter what all of the other grandkids think (all 62 of us) - I know I'm still the favorite (even if it's just because I was the first grandchild)!!!!!!!  LOVE ALWAYS!!!

2 Wonderful Comment(s):

Pink E said...

Love it! the card base cut is the best from Wild Card, very creative how you layer the front with the cake and 80, the bow is just perfect touch, ;)Inspired

My Creative Time said...

awwwwh! you are SOOO SUPER SWEET!! I think your Grandpa is going to LOVE THIS!! ESPECIALLY coming from his FAVORITE!;)
Gypsy Hugs,
Emma;)