Friday, August 27, 2010

Throwback Thursday - Princess!

Emma over at My Creative Time is doing another Throwback Thursday.  This week's theme is Princess!!  YEAH!  You are either supposed to use the Tinkerbell cartridge (which I don't have) or an older cartridge, but the theme is Princess.  Well, when all else fails - go to Hannah Montana!  Ok - I know, that sounds funny, but I have a 5 year old that LOVES her.  To my surprise the Hannah Montana cart has a tiara!  I used the crown and welded my little girls' name to the bottom of the tiara shadow.  The font is from Plantin Schoolbook. What is a crown without a little bit of pink bling?!
 (Tiara in front of the holder)

I was originally going to do a normal card, but I decided to change it up a little bit.  Instead I made a little holder for the tiara and her name so that you couldn't see the name.  I used the George cartridge and welded an oval and a rectangle to create the little pocket and attached it to a big rectangle. 
 (The picture is a little dark, but you get the idea)

Since my little girl loves bling, princesses, pink, purple, flowers and anything with her name on it - I know she'll love this one.  I think it's going to be one of the little notes that I put in her lunch bag.  I hope you enjoy it and thanks so much for stopping by!! :)

11 Wonderful Comment(s):

girlia said...

What a wonderful idea adding the name to the crown. Love the color combination.

*Star said...

That is such a cute and creative idea! I love the colors. Tfs and have a great day. :)

Scrappin with the bug said...

Love the tiara... Very cute idea.. May have to borrow it.. Nice job.

beejay said...

How clever! Love the colors & shine! TFS

Raven B said...

Oh this is just beautiful the colors and the paper are fantastic!
Hugs,
Raven

Emily said...

Very creative card :) It is absolutely perfect for the princess challenge!!

BeeBeebabs said...

Wow absolutely beautiful tfs!!!

HappyExpressions said...

very pretty and so creative!

liz said...

I love it! and how you added her name!
liz :o)

teachU14 said...

How cute! Great idea to customize the crown.

My Creative Time said...

OMG, this is GORGEOUS!! You did an AWESOME job w/the challenge my friend!
gypsy Hugs,
Emma;)