Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fishin' a Happy Birthday

GRRRRR - is all I can say to my final result!  Don't get me wrong - I loved the challenge over at Peachy Keen Stamps! They challenged to use the color scheme and sketch below. 
I was trying to make this really cute (yet masculine), but had a few problems along the way.  Long story short - It worked, but not as planned; I ended up having to write the sentiment (that's where the GRRRR comes in).  My Dear Father-In-Law's Birthday is right around the corner.  One of the things my kids love to do with Grandpa is go fishing so this was the card we came up with. 

I used the sketch and colors from Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge, but I flipped it upside down to fit.  Like I said - not the way I wanted it to look, but it will mean a lot to him because it's from his grandkids.  I did end up doodling a little before we sent it - forgetful me forgot to take another picture, sorry!  I used the Camp Out cart for the fishing pole, the fish is from Paper Doll Dress Up, and the waves are from Plantin Schoolbook.  Pay no attention to the terrible inking job, it's a skill I still don't have mastered. :)  Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

12 Wonderful Comment(s):

Janice W. said...

I think it turned out cute and of course who it is from makes it so special! I am sure he will love it! Thanks for joining the Peachy Keen challenge and good luck!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Those poles are really cool and I love the large fish!

teachU14 said...

I'm sure he'll love it! I think it's so great that your trying out new techniques. I haven't even tried inking yet. But you've just inspired me to give it a try ;)

Kel said...

What a cute sentiment!! My family are big big fishing peeps, I'll have to use that on the next bday card!

Rae-beccadesigns said...

Cute card! I love the saying that goes with the fish theme. Good luck!

Fran, said...

Cute card. I like the little fish.
Cheers

Best Hobby Eva said...

I think it is adorable. The poles are so cool. You did a great job!!

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

This is so totally cute! Have you heard about Papercraft Star http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com, you should enter some of your projects in the challenges over there.. you can win some fun prizes and the challenges are announced weeks in advance so you have plenty of time to enter!

DORCAS said...

It is not a terrible inking job! I love it! It's really cute!

bumblebee creations said...

this is so sweet--I love the sentiment just the way it is--it gives it an even more special homemade feel!

Carol<>< said...

looks good to me!! he will love it,
Carol<><

Nikki the *scrappinNavyWife* said...

awww! Cute! thanks so much for playing along with us at PeachyKeenStamps!

Nikki ☺