Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Grateful - Challenges

I was over at Made by Momo looking at the challenge that she has going on right now.  Momo's challenge was to make a card 'just because'.  The first thing that came to my mind was to send a card to my Grandpa and Grandma.  I decided that I wanted to let them know how grateful I am to have them in my life; I love being the oldest (and I think favorite) grandchild.  My Grandparents' house is surrounded by trees, and this time of year the leaves on all of the trees would be changing; I always loved the colors!!!!  While creating this card I found Card Creations & More by C; she has a challenge going on right now. Her challenge is to use ribbon and bling.  PERFECT!!!!!

I tried a new method I'd seen for the ribbon.  I usually just leave it flat, but I've seen quite a few people layering it like I did.  I like it a lot! :)  The phrase and the cut out leaf are from Gypsy Wanderings.  I used the shadow of the cut out leaf duplicated it, flipped it and welded it together to create the shape card.  I put the orange piece of paper behind the patterned one through my Cuttlebug and then painted it with a little glitter paint.  I, of course, added a little bit of bling. :)

16 Wonderful Comment(s):

Kel said...

very cool.. very different.. I am loving that background paper!! thanks for sharing

girlia said...

That ribbon is very cool. I too have seen it a lot. great job

DORCAS said...

I love this card. The ribbon is really neat how you did it. i am loving the colors too. TFS!

Gaby ~ Scrapabookaholic said...

Nice card! I too like this style of placing ribbon!

Crayola58 said...

How sweet your card is.
Carole

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great card! Loving that paper!

Rhonda Emery said...

love the colors on your card it is wonderful.

Amanda C said...

Love the shape of the card!

Raven B said...

This is really pretty. I'm lovin those colors.
Hugs,
Raven

Mari AKA Momo said...

I am loving these colors. I can actually picture all the trees around your grandparents house!!! They will love this!!! Thanks for joining in. XOXO Momo

Beebeebabs said...

Thank you very much I really like this card - the leaf and ribbon is sooo pretty tfs!!!

Beebeebabs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Celeste said...

Absolutely beautiful....

Best Hobby Eva said...

Great, great job!! I love your color choice and I love that look with the ribbon. The leaf is so cute.

Lisa J said...

Oh my there is that paper again! I LOVE that paper! You have so many elements in this card that I just love! TFS

Card Creations by C said...

Oooh I will have to play around with some shapes like these too :)..