Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Paper Playtime & Practical Scrappers Challenge

A few days ago I found a cute little blog called Paper Playtime.  The have a challenge for anyone that would like to participate.  They based the challenge on  the phrase 'If the shoe fits, buy one of every color'; so the challenge is to make something with either a shoe or variety.

I am a country girl through and through.  The first thing that came to mind when I read ' if the shoe fits' was the phrase from Toy Story 2 with Jesse saying "If the boot fits . . ."  I knew my card should have a boot.  I just thought this was perfect (at least as a card from me). :)

Before the project was completed I knew it was missing something, but I wasn't sure what.  Well I started looking through blog-land and found Practical Scrappers.  They have a challenge to use buttons.  Well, searched through my buttons and found the perfect one.  The picture doesn't quite do it justice - it's a very rustic looking button.  I put some string through it to give it a little pop.

Here's a close-up of the phrase.  I printed the phrase off on my computer.
As well as a close up of the button.
The boot is from Old West.  I just used a scrapbook pen to trace the cuts (since I don't own a Cri-kit Pen).  The background paper is from a stack I found at Tuesday Morning's, the dark blue has the flocking on it.  Thanks for stopping by!!!

12 Wonderful Comment(s):

*Star said...

That is so cute! I love the font you used for your sentiment it goes perfectly. Tfs and have a great day. :)

Janis said...

What a great story behind your card! I love the boot. Thank you so much for playing in paper with us this week at Paper Playtime. I hope you'll come back week after week and play again and again! Good luck on winning the prize. :) Janis

Nisson Family said...

I love your card. The boot is perfect! Thanks so much for participating in the challenge at Paper Playtime. Good luck w/ the contest! :)

Pam
simply-pam.blogspot.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great boot! Love the font you used!

LuvinmyLabs said...

Super cute card. I love the boot. Thanks for joining in the fun at Practical Scrappers this week. Hope you'll join us again soon.

LuvinmyLabs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DORCAS said...

I am loving this boot! Super cute! Thanks for sharing!
~HUGS

Adrian said...

2 cute boot!

Raven B said...

HEHE this is just toooo cute! Awesome sentiment.
Hugs,
Raven

Celeste said...

Grat card... I love all the details....

Coachfans said...

Wow! This is awesome. My daughter was just talking about getting a pair of cowboy boots. I know she would love these too.

Georgiana : )

primpedinpaper said...

Cute card! I love pink and brown together. Great job tracing the cuts. Have a great day. :)