Friday, October 29, 2010

80's Blog Hop Day 2

Photobucket

"HAAAAAY YOOOUUUU GUUUYYYS!" (HAHAHAHA - I'm laughing so hard!) :)
 Welcome to day 2 of Raven's 80's Blog Hop (we're celebrating her Birthday)!! **I'm posting every day until I announce the winner on November 5th, comment on each post for more chances to win the blog candy!**  For Day 2 started thinking about what movies I remember watching.  One of my favorites is/was Goonies!  HAHAHAHA - I'm still laughing!  Ok, sorry!  On to the card!


This one is a slight change in a tri-fold/Z-fold/S-fold type card.  The main difference is that it opens up and down and the treasure box actually holds the fold down instead of being on the fold.  I really liked how this one turned out!!  The treasure chest is from Paper Doll Dress Up and the saying was just printed.   The paper is from my scrap box.  I think the wood paper is from the DCWV recycle pack (sorry can't remember the exact name), and I really don't remember where the striped paper is from. :)

Make sure you check out these wonderful ladies (if you haven't already)! You may have to scroll down to see their creations for the blog hop!!! 

ME
Angela

Thanks again for stopping by!!! :) 

44 Wonderful Comment(s):

Celeste said...

Great card... I love it

Best Hobby Eva said...

Super cute card, I love it!! Very clever!!

Lesley from WI said...

I think I was the only person in the 80s that did not see the movie the Goonies. Love the card.

scrappinmomma said...

I love your card it is so cute.

http://ikolinda-scrappinmomma.blogspot.com

iko.linda@yahoo.com

janeskeepsakes said...

Love this idea. I want to try this. Thank you for sharing. Wonderful Blog Hop. I am have so much fun.
janejohnson13@wildblue.net

Scrappin' Sista said...

I wasn't into the Goonies but my husband totally was. This is a great card and a wonderful trip down memory lane. TFS.

Christel
www.onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

Minta's Creations said...

Great card! Love it!!
Minta

mintab@gmail.com

http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

Carolee said...

I LOVE LOVE the Goonies so much that I got my son (5 yrs) hooked on them also!

Love the card and especially the 80'2 theme.

Thank you!

joann said...

That movie was just on last weekend, I watch it whenever it comes on. Nice card.

Tanya said...

I don't think I have ever watched that movie. Ha!

Great card :)

phenis2031 at yahoo dot com

sillyp said...

Nice idea with the treasure box.
Never thought about that. That's why I like blogging.

Raven B said...

Honestly I LOVE the Goonies movie. HAHAHA. LOVE this card!
Hugs,
Raven

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

That is a great chest! Super fun!

Gloria said...

Love the Goonies!!!! great card
gloria
esquivel865@yahoo.com

Rhonda Emery said...

this card is a treasure. ha It is so cool

Carol said...

My husband and I were just talking about the Goonies the other night!! I giggled as soon as I saw your intro line!!!

girlia said...

Love the card, especially the bright fun colors

Juicy Creations said...

cute card.. thanks for sharing..
juicycreations808@gmail.com

Tara said...

Who DOESN"T love the Goonies! Thanks for sharing in the 80s fun!!

~Tara
tray83 at yahoo dot com

Scrappy Jackie said...

I think I need to find goonies on netflix! And watch it with my 14 year old twin boys! Thanks for the memories!

Coachfans said...

Great tresuare chest. My husband had Pretty in Pink on when I came from work today....that was my favorite 80's movie.

Georgiana

Barb said...

I love The Goonies too! I think I would add a skull to this card for One Eyed Willie! :)

Carrie K said...

Cute card!! You can't forget about the Goonies!!

Carol E. said...

Great card. Funny thing is before I read thispost my 9 yr. old just put that movie in to watch tonight for family movie night..WOW..that like is too cool..
cjtj1999 at hotmail dot com

pennykitz said...

I am laughing with you.. this Hop has been sooo much fuuunnnn. I loved the 80's... your card is wonderful, I want to try one like it, thanks for the inspiration.
pennykitz@charter.net
http://pennykitz.blogspot.com/

Sherri said...

I really liked your card been fun thinking about the 80'2 ssasseyone@gmail.com

Debican said...

Great job on this card. I almost bought that cart. and got Everyday paper dolls instead and it's okay but they have real different themes. Hugs, Debi

Melissa said...

LOVE The Goonies movie! We just watched it last week! It's the 25th anniversary of the movies release!

Great card! TFS

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

too funny! GOONIES...yup that was a classic

Staci
staci412 at optonline dot net

Tanya Isis Ayala said...

very nice card

terrie said...

awesome card and it relates to the movie...well done
zullu26@aol.com

Haidee said...

Great card!!!

Looks like it took time!

Well done!!

created2bunique at ymail dot com

penbrandy said...

Very cute card!!...thank you so much for sharing!!..And thank you for the giveaway!!...Brandy

Penbrandy at msn dot com

Ryansmaama said...

I don't recall seeing that movie, but I love your card.--Ryansmaama
gkburrow@cmaaccess.com

JD said...

Goonies was (and still is!) a GREAT movie! :-) Fun card!

*Star said...

Awesome card! My husband and I love Goonies and for out sons last birthday we got him a Truffle Shuffle Goonies t-shirt. :)
Tfs and have a great day.

A Scrap Above said...

How cute! OMG, I so remember the Goonies!Those were the days for sure...
TFS and the trip down memory lane
I am a new follower.
Bonnie C
http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
ascrapabove@aol.com

Wilfreda said...

Great card. The Goonies was an awesome movie. I just watched it again the other day.

teachU14 said...

Oh my goodness... Sloth used to give me nightmares :O Great treasure chest and I love the way your card opens up.

Auntie Em said...

Another movie that will go on forever!

Love your card! Such a cute idea.
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Cheryl Gaffney said...

I love how the treasure chest is actually the holder for the fold!!

Too clever!

TFS, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

Lindy said...

I do believe that I am the only 80's person alive that didn't see that movie.

Love the card. TFS

Lisa J said...

I loved how the scene when they got to see the ship was genuine as they had never seen it before sliding down the water slide as the producer wanted a true reaction. I LOVE Goonies and my kids make fun of me for it. I even have "HEY YOU GUYS" on my cell as one of my ring tones!

craftaholic said...

How cute is that!!! TFS!! Im having a giveaway!
http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
Rexann