Thursday, October 28, 2010

It's TOTALLY a Blog Hop!!

Photobucket

I can't tell you how totally excited I am!!!!  I'm guessing you came from Kassidy from Inking it Up Crazy (isn't she talented?!!)  If you happen to be checking up on me, make sure you start at the beginning of the hop with Raven at Love 4 Stamps.  We're celebrating the 80's for Raven, she's celebrating her Birthday and thought it would be fun to flash back to the 80's; don't worry, we'll be flashing back for the next week.  Get out those leg warmers and flash back with us; and I hope you've had fun so far! :)

I can't tell you how much I was just LAUGHING at my own cards (don't worry, you can laugh too)! :)  Here's my first card to start off the hop:

One of my first thoughts when I heard '80's' was thinking back to those shirt ties.  You know the ones I'm talking about - they look like a 'no' sign or a circle with a line through it.  I used to have a BUNCH of those things; all in florescent colors of course!!!!  So . . . I had to make my first card of the week with the brightest colors I had,  and of course those shirt tie things.  To answer your question - yes, the shirt/ribbon tie things on the card move (my kids loved playing with them). :)  This card was really simple, but still fun. 

Moving on to the blog candy.  Like I said earlier, we'll be flashing back for a whole week (WAHOO)!  So to be entered into the blog candy all you have to do is:
  • Leave one comment on one or all of my 80's blog hop posts.  So, if you comment each day you'll have more chances to win rather than if you just comment on one post (I hope that makes sense).  Only one comment per post, please!
  • That's it!  If you'd like - take a look at some of my other projects/creations to see if you like my simple style; YOU DO NOT have to be a follower (unless you want to).
  • Sorry, but US residents only.  I hope you understand!!
  • All comments need to be in by Midnight Thursday November 4th so that I can pick a winner and announce the lucky person on Friday November 5th.
Here's a picture of the candy:

I'm so glad you stopped by!!!  Make sure you head over to visit Angela over at Creative Crafting next!!  You'll love her work - she's amazing!  If you happened to stop by my blog first, just make sure you start at the beginning with Raven at Love 4 Stamps!

If you get lost, here's the list of all of the creative ladies to hop to!

ME
Angela

Thanks again for stopping by!!! :)

123 Wonderful Comment(s):

Erika said...

This card is so fun. It's so funny I was just thinking about the t-shirt tie things the other day. My husband and I were talking about all the random stuff from the 80's. LOL LOVE IT!

erika.seever@klrd.ks.gov

Pookie said...

I like your card, simple and colorful. Yes, I was a child in the 80's being born in 1978, I remember it fondly. My b-day is next week on the 6th-eek..well this is my 1st blog hop and it's been fun so far. You ladies are very creative.

moonqueen69@yahoo.com

pookie

Janis said...

Like, totally tubular card, man. :) Janis northrose@slowar.com

Toni said...

Totally awesome card. TFS.
mrs_to_you@yahoo.com

pattyk said...

Great card!!Thanks for reminding me of the tie shirt ties --how could I forget??your card is really cute --millierose651@aol.com

McCann Creations said...

cute card! i had a few of those shirt ties. when i couldn't find one of those, i just used one of my big scrunchies! yes, i was so cool back then!! : )
Jamie
mccanncreations@gmail.com
http://mccanncreations.blogspot.com

Abby said...

Uhhh Ohhhh I remember those colors!!!!!!!! My mom made matching outfits for my 4th BFF they were white with florescent stripes!!! LOL Oh I am loving this Blog Hop!!! So nice to remember those days!!!!!

Pink Cricut said...

OMG--I forgot about those--and it reminds me of those cone shaped ponytail things that made your ponytail super high! :)
Thanks for sharing!! Love it!

goatesgirl said...

I forgot all about those tshirt ties...the funny thing is that I still tie my daughters shirt up with a ribbon or something when they are too big

Scrappinbutterfly said...

very nice card! Thanks for sharing. I'm a follower now and can't to see what else you come up with this week.

Ashleigh said...

OMG I totally forgot about these. But YEA I did use them! TFS!

aecopenhaver at gmail dot com

Noaleen said...

I love the bright colors of the 80's
so I love this card
manjar50@iprimus.com.au

Joy said...

The card is like totally awesome, dude! I totally remember the T-shirt ties! I loved to wear them with oversized T-shits and skin tight jeans!

Thanks,
Joy (blondemommy26.blogger.com)

GreenScrap said...

Love the colors!!!! TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

quilt4fun2 said...

Yes the shirt ties were cool :D Forgot about them. Cute card! Thank You for being in the hop and for a chance to win cool prizes.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Mrs.Debbie said...

Great card!!Thanks for reminding me of the tie shirt ties --how could I forget. I never wear them but alot of girls did. love the colors you used. What fun

scrappinmomma said...

what a great card, i totally fogot about those shirt ties.

http://ikolinda-scrappinmomma.blogspot.com

iko dot linda at yahoo dot com

creative patti said...

LOL!!! Great Job. I think I still have some of these shirt ties...In my memeory box. I can't stop laughing!!! This is an awesome card!!! Thanks for sharing. I now follow you blog.
pattig161@yahoo.com

jennyplace2 said...

Your card is really adorable! Thanks for sharing. I am leaving a comment, but I am from Canada so if you pick my name, just pick another one.

Connie said...

Yup!! I had to chuckle!! FOrgot about those!! Thanks for sharing,

GoddessMychele said...

I love your card! I had completely forgotten about the shirt slides from the 80's- I used to LOVE wearing those!!! Fun times! Thanks for all the memories and the inspiration!

christys_scrappin said...

I am now a follower....:-) Love your work and the 80's theme blog hop! Great idea!

http://christysscrappin.blogspot.com/

Raven B said...

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME. Hey I didnt know those clips went out of style? Why wasnt I included in that memo lol. NO SERIOUSLY THOUGH this is SUPER CUTE!!!! Love it.
Hugs,
Raven

Minta's Creations said...

I'm a follower. Thanks for the chance to win!
Minta

mintab@gmail.com

http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

Scrappy Jackie said...

cute card... you got the 80's colors perfect! I am already a happy follower of your blog! Thanks for being a part of this hop! And thanks for the chance at some fun prizes!

Dana said...

Love the card and the idea to use the shirt ties. That is really cute!

dmcarlisle09atgmaildotcom

Craftyhomemade said...

Wonderful card.

CA Scrapper said...

Hi Celeste, I was laughing when I read your note about shirt ties!! I had forgotten about them. Thanks for the memories and loved your card.


lschmitt40@hotmail.com

My Crafting Time said...

Love the colors on your card. I didn't have too many of those shirts. TFS

stacy at mycraftingtime dot com

Creative Crafting said...

What a super cute project. TFs I became a follower on your blog.

Angela

JD said...

I had quite the collection of shirt clips. And don't forget... if you ever lose one or don't have that perfect color, just use a hair scrunchie. LoL!

Karen said...

The 80's This hop is ssooo FUN!!! Back down memory lane.... I am having trouble becoming a follower on some of my stops maybe Google is on overload!!! Have to HOP on...
Thanks
Karen dkolopez@msn.com

just-cut-n-up said...

Love the colors you used and the little t-shirt ties were the first thing to come to mind when I saw the card. My daughters decorated and wore those.

BUZZY BEE DESIGNS & GRAPHICS said...

Boy this 80"s blog hop is bring back memories. Tahnks for the blog candy some great stuff!!
Rebecca Minor
buzzybeedesigns@yahoo.com

Debbie said...

your card is so cool looking I remember these shirt ties my daughter was born in 84 she wore them lol thanks for good times Debbie @ http://craftydeb-ddscrafts.blogspot.com/

I am a follower feel free to follow with me, please

Glora said...

I love the colors. This card turned out so cute! me at glorajean dot com.

hectorhd517 said...

Totally Radical Card!! Love the colors! Thanks for sharing :)
Kim
hectorhd517@yahoo.com

Brikti said...

T shirt Slides!!!! Who remember the Gennera T shirts that changed color w/ your body temp? OMG I loved T shirt Slides only with my shirt altered to hang over the shoulder like Madonna with a wife beater underneath, lol! Love the card...great memories!

Two Scraptastic Gals said...

Oh Ya, I had those t-shirt ties...in every color lol...I forgot all about those. What a wonderful way to incorporate it into a card! And I love the colors too! Great Job,

Meriah

SpantastiKreations said...

Just say NO....lol

Great job.
TFS,
Erin
Spantastikreations@yahoo.com

Esmommy said...

WAY COOL!!! TFS

Tracy
NYGIRL1994 at yahoo dot com

Patti Ross said...

You're card is soooooooo cute!!! You've definitely given me some inspiration. So glad I hopped on in on this 80"s memory lane!

Patti
www.pattilynncreations.blogspot.com

mcever4 said...

That is an adorable card! I look forward to following you and seeing other creative projects! This is my first blog hop and I have had so much fun seeing what everyone creates!

Robin
mcever4 at bellsouth dot net

Dale and Michelle said...

Wow, are you bringing back memories. Thanks for the chance to win.
Michelle
tanner986/8@gmail.com

The Scrapbooking Queen said...

Love your Birthday card it adorable and such fun colors.. and I painted T-Shirts with puffy paints and we used those circle to run the t-Shirts through..
The Scrapbooking Queen

Mad Crafter said...

Since I am only 15 I wasn't born in the 80's but I totally get your card!! Really clever and so cute:) I have seen lots of your cards in different challenges and I like your work:)
~Madison www.funkycards.blogspot.com

sdelong1228 said...

Very cute, colorful card! I like things that are simple to make!

Cheryl Gaffney said...

I had those shirt ties too! :) What a fun card!

TFS, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

Maria said...

This card is like totally awesome!
Thanks for the chance to win.

scrapperbecka said...

I remember those shirt buttons, awesome card

MommaMcVic said...

Super cute! ahh memories! Im following - Im loving this hop- THanks for doing this.
kacee
mcvicwif@yahoo.com

Cheryl said...

Love those 80's colors!

Cheryl

Chris Wooten said...

I remember those things. If you tee was too long those help, lol.

awesome!!!!!!your blog is awesome too. thank you

chris
mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com

Monica said...

This is such a fun blog hop!!!!!
love it all!!!
tfs!


http://happyscrappn2.blogspot.com/
Monica

Carley said...

Oh Celeste I like totally love this card! I forgot about these things but you are so right we all had them ha ha! I can't wait to see what else you create!

Wendy said...

Well, this blog hop really takes me back to when my kids were little. It's fun to look back at our photos of that time. Great giveaway!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

I totally had one of those shirts ties, because I was cool!!

He He love the 80's!!
Fun card!

Jamie said...

lol i love your card.. it reminds me of how my mom used to dress .. even in the 90s lol! She had trouble letting go LOL! thanks for sharing and the chance to win!
-jamie
babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

Messy Craftster said...

I think the thing I hated most in the 80's was neon, lol! Fun card idea :)

messycraftster@hotmail dot com

Erika Valdez said...

Your card is so great!! I had tons of these all colors and some with little rhinestones lol!! Even different shaped ones!! Lots of fun thanks for sharing!! Oh and just became a follower!!


Erika
cricutlove1@yahoo.com

Kathy said...

Love your card! I too used those shirt rings. I even saw them at the party sotre in the 80s section for Halloween costumes! Thanks for sharing and bringing back memories!
kmgillon at yahoo dot com

Lesley from WI said...

Love the card and the neon green is fab!

Tanya said...

totally awesome project. i am glad that you are in this hop.

taniwol at yahoo dot com

MeMe said...

Yep, I sure do remember those tee shirt accents. We didn't have to tuck in shirts, so we could hide those waist "imperfectins". lol
Thanks for the chance to win.
Pat
plweir@satx.rr.com

Carol said...

I love your card! I almost forgot about those things! I think we used to call them shirt scrunchies or something... I, too, had them in EVERY color imaginable... and even some in other shapes like squares and flowers! Oh my!

I'm a new follower!

~Carol
cricutingcarol @ gmail.com

Manhattan Mandie said...

Ha! Loved those shirt ties!!! This card is too cool and totally gave me a flashback!

Darlene said...

LOL I love your card. I remember using a scrunchy on my tshirt. LOL
TFS Now I think I need to go dig up an 80's pix of myself.

desaucier at bellsouth dot net

Sandy Bayles said...

Celeste,
I was an old woman in the 80's and had been married 10 years. I love the blog hop and still remember all the things in that time peroid. I love Ghostbusters......Thanks for a great hop..........
Blog: http://lovethatexpressions.blogspot.com/
E-Mail: davidbayles@sprintmail.com

Laura Lee said...

I live in Canada but am going to comment anyway... I LOVE this card.... I totally forgot about those darn shirt ties... that and my leg warmers and my la gear shoes were staple... I think i am going to have to dig out some pics and do a layout... I will be back.. great blog...

DORCAS said...

This is totally coool!!! Love it!

MeganLynn said...

Such a creative idea! New follower and your blog is so inspirational, cant wait to see more from you!

Lisa J said...

I soo totally forgot all about those things!! Now a days the kids just tie the shirts up in back with a hair tie.. we were so much more inventive than them!

Lovin the card!

Thanks for the hop & the memories!

lamerlisa@hotmail.com said...

very cute! I <3 the 80's!!!

Lisa
lamerlisa@hotmail.com
http://lisakelly110803.blogspot.com/

Tanya said...

Great card! I had forgotten about those till now. Fun times back then :)

phenis2031 at yahoo dot com

shanna13 said...

I liked your card, very colorful! Tie die-EEEEEK Susan
shanna13@frontiernet.net

Barb A. said...

Awesome card! Thanks for the giveaway.

SueNJ said...

Holy Mackeral. I forgot about those! Very nice card!

Happy Scrappin'

Sue B
http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/

Vicki said...

Fun card. Thanks for sharing.

SherriC. said...

really fun card, boy we had to "wear our sunglasses at night" with all those bright colours!!!
ahhhh the 80's so much fun....
thanks for the chance to win...
brodiec88 at hotmail dot com

stefeni said...

I just wrote about those shirt ties on Misty's blog! Weren't those the coolest ever?? Mine's of course had the gems all around :)

spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

Shawna Magrum Pederson said...

The t-shirt tie thingy.... how could I have forgotten!! That and the big chunky belts slung loosely and at right angles!!
Thanks for the opportunity for some blog candy!

Charlotte said...

I love the card. The colors are perfect!!!!!!

Sue said...

I am eager to see all your work; this is an unusual idea and gives me inspiration.

craftaholic said...

Nice card and TFS!! I am loving this hop!!!
ilovetonkinese2athotmaildotcom
Rexann

Carol E. said...

This has been a fun blog hop. I rememeber those ties. If I didn't have one I used to tie my t-shirt in a knot.
Thanks for the memories.
cjtj1999 at hotmail dot com
I am now a follower also.

Carol said...

What a fun card, I love the colors. Thank you for sharing with all of us. chale@gci.net

cardchick said...

very cool..oh boy the memories are flying....thanks for the fun
cardchick50@gmail.com

Jen Chadwick said...

Thanks for sharing! This blog hop is bringing back lots of laughs for me! I forgot about the shirt ties!

jen_chadwick at hotmail dot com

motherloves3 said...

I remember those tie shirt things and florescent colors. Love your card.
motherloves3@hotmail.com

Esther said...

Super fun card! Thanks for working so hard on a great blog hop!

DonnaS said...

I remember those tie circles. Let's just hope they don't come back. Along with the big hair.
CUTE CARD!!
Donna

Scrappy Heartz said...

Love the card! Thanks for sharing and the chance to win!

HeartAMZ1@aol.com
Debbie Chapman

Kellee said...

I am so loving this blog hop.. What a blast from the past, the big hair, boom box's, my daughters laugh at some of the old pic's.. I just tell them, hey we were cool.. lol.. I love your blog and the card is super cute.. I did have lots of the tshirt ties.. lol

Kellee
kelgentry66@gmail.com

Rhonda Emery said...

that card is the coolest. love it.

Celeste said...

Totally awesome card... It is mag...

Ghanice said...

I am a little before the 80's but love the card, daughter remembers the ties and loved Goonies...
jman4@comcast.net

Best Hobby Eva said...

I love this card. The colors are great!!!

Scrappin' Sista said...

I never owned any of the slides but I totally remember them. What a cute card. I will definately be back!

Christel
www.onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

Carolee said...

Love the 80's theme!

Thank you, Carol!

http://workmansblog.blogspot.com/

joann said...

I remember those. Great card.

Liz said...

I knew what those rings were immediately when I saw them too funny!!!!!

Liz C

a scrappers journey... said...

i love the fun and bright colors on your card! super cool!

Gloria said...

Boy is this hop bringing back memories!!! Some i love to remember some i want to forget!!! LOL
great card!
gloria
esquivel865@yahoo.com

fivejensenboyz said...

TOtally remember those shirt ties....loved your project

thanks for the chance to win

Juicy Creations said...

i love the colors on the card.. super cute..
juicycreations808@gmail.com

Barb said...

I had some of those shirt ties! Thanks for the chances to win!

Janice W. said...

Your card is so cute! I totally remember those and I remember using them too.

Debican said...

Super cute card. Gosh I haven't thought of Tshirt ties for ever.
LOL...hugs, Debi

Melissa said...

OMGoodness!! I had completely forgot about those things! Your card is super cute!!

I'm now a follower of your blog! So glad the hop brought me your way!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

OMG!!! I forgot about those, but I must have had one in every color ~ NEON too!!! This is the best hop! Brining back some funny memories!!!

Great card!!

Staci
staci412 at optonline dot net

Tanya Isis Ayala said...

love the colors very nice

terrie said...

Great looking card..love the colors definitly 80's colors
thanks for sharing...
zullu26@aol.com

Haidee said...

Bahaha you rock!!!

thanks!!

created2bunique at ymail dot com

Alex said...

hahaha...i remember thos t shirts too...so funny ! great card :) TFS :)

HUGS :)
the condes at gmail dot com

penbrandy said...

You have a new follower....Thank you so much for sharing!!...Brandy


Penbrandy at msn dot com

Ryansmaama said...

Had those shirt ties as did my kids. LOL Love your card.--Ryansmaama
gkburrow@cmaaccess.com

Coachfans said...

What a great card and the colors are so catchy. Loved the 80's!

Georgiana : )

*Star said...

Such a fun card. I love the shirt rings!! Tfs and have a great day. :)

A Scrap Above said...

LOL.. WOW, I do remember them, and with those were the Bangle watches...
Love your card, it fits great in this hop!
TFS and a chance to win.
Bonnie C
http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
ascrapabove@aol.com

Wilfreda said...

Really cute card. I never got into the shirt ties. Thank goodness :o)

teachU14 said...

Hahaha... I had one of those ties in every color :) Great card!

Lindy said...

Love the card. I acutally started on Day 7 and worked my way backwards. I'm a follower as I love your blog. So talented! All cards from the 80's are awesome and thanks for all the good memories.

Hugs ~ Lindy

MaryNSC said...

My dad use to threaten to KILL me cause He never had a T SHIRT.. HAHAHAH
Thank U for the FUn I been Hopping all over the place..:O)