Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cute Birthday Card

So there's two things with this card. As I've mentioned before I am a big baby!!!!! No, seriously - I am!!!! Well Sunday night I was reading a post from Paula at More Than Favors. The post I was reading was about a little boy named Hunter. Long story short, this may be his last Birthday and all he wanted was a lot of cards (Full Story Here). My little girl asked why I was crying (again - big baby). I explained to her the situation and the Birthday wish. She thought for a moment then asked if we knew him, when I told her no, she asked if we could still send him a card even if we don't know him . . . Like anyone would say no to THAT!!!! **TEARS** I explained to my little boy the situation and he said we had to make a 'Mater' car. So, we got to make a card for Hunter and just finished it tonight. I'm also entering it into MY Pink Stamper's challenge - the challenge is to make something cute. Although the card may not be the 'cutest' one I've ever made, I thought the story was. Happy Birthday Hunter!!!!!!
Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you did!!! :)

12 Wonderful Comment(s):

Mary said...

I think your story is cute and your card is cute too! You are a thoughtful person, not a baby!
mhalford6 @aol. com

Raven B said...

Oh my goodness this is tooo cute!
Hugs,
Raven

Sheena said...

Cool Birthday card!!

girlia said...

This is a really cute/cool card. Love it

scrapaholicjen said...

I think Mater is cute! Great job! Those cuts take a while to put together, don't they?

JustYolie said...

I think it's CUTE! Good job!

HappyExpressions said...

Super cute card! Very touching story and I do hope Hunter gets loads of cards. TFS!

*Star said...

That is so cute! I totally love Mater!!

I just have to say I think you are doing an amazing job as a Mother. The fact that your kids wanted to do something so sweet for a little boy that they don't even know says a lot about you and how you are raising them. :) Awesome job Mom!!
Tfs and have a great day.

Beth Doda ~ disneymom2jhe said...

What a great story. I am like you and cry over everything. Thank you for sharing!

DORCAS said...

I am going over to read it. Thanks for sharing! I love me some Mater! He's my fiancee. LOL

Emily said...

How adorable is "Tow-mater"!?! Love your card!

Best Hobby Eva said...

This card is soo cute!! I love the balloon paper as well. It makes Tow-mater stick out! Great job!