Saturday, November 20, 2010

My Thanksgiving Blessings Blog Hop

WELCOME!!!!  I'm so glad you're here with me for My Thanksgiving Blessings Blog Hop hosted by the talented Kassidy from Inking It Up Crazy!



I'm sure you came here after visiting Jenny at Crazy About Cricut (isn't she AMAZING?!), if not - make sure you start at the very beginning with Kassidy at Inking It Up Crazy!!  Make sure you stop by all of the blogs for inspiration and BLOG CANDY!!! :)  Here's the line-up (I know - can you believe I get to do a blog hop with all of these AMAZING crafters?!!!!)

Celeste @ CC's Cards and Crafts (YOU ARE HERE!!!!)
Debbie @ DD's Crafts


The theme is My Thanksgiving Blessings, each one of the amazing ladies in the hop has created a project centered around the blessings they have had this past year.  With  that intro I'll explain a little about my projects; since we've been super blessed this year I was only able to narrow all of my ideas down to these two.  The first is a photo block, in order to explain this one I'll have to give a little bit of our history.  My DH lost his job almost 2 years ago - don't worry, he was able to find a new one . . . we just had to move to a different state.  The company I worked for allowed me to work from home for a little bit, but eventually they let me go as well.  During the last two years we've really come to realize that our family comes first.  We always knew that our children came first; we just started giving of ourselves and our time to our children instead of gifts.  So to celebrate everything we have, I have decided to make a photo block each year (I think it might be fun to go back and do this with some older pictures).  It just has the highlights from this year - our little girl going into kindergarten and our little boy fishing.  The other sides have my little girl playing at the park and my little boy shooting a BB gun with my DH.  I put the year '2010' on the top and all of our names on the bottom.  I didn't show the faces of my little ones just to be safe (and yes, her hair curls in ringlets naturally . . . it's OK, a lot of people are jealous!!)!!


This is my second project.  After we moved I was able to meet some of the most amazing people that live in my little town.  There are many of them that will do and give everything they have to help someone.  I made this card was made for one of my friends that lives near me!  She is such a kind and giving person and I just wanted to let her know how grateful I am for her!
This card was made using  Gypsy Wanderings.  I cut out the tag out once using the brown cardstock and once with the colored cardstock and the shadow for the phrase 'Grateful'.  I cut 'Grateful' out and colored the leaf (and added a little non-brand Stickles for bling).  For the card holder I just took a 12 x 5 1/2 inch piece of paper, folded it into thirds.  I cut the two sides down at an angle and used a punch to add a little bit to it.  The flower was given to me, I think it's an SEI flower, but I can't remember for sure (sorry)!! :)

Moving on to the blog candy (because everyone loves a little candy)!  All you have to do is leave a comment.  That's all!!!  If you like my style, I'd love to have you as a follower; but it is NOT required!  :)  You have until 8:00am Monday Nov. 22 to leave a comment, the winner will be posted that afternoon.  One comment per person, and US residents only (I hope you understand).  Now I know it's not much, but here's the candy:

You're next stop is  Raven over at Love 4 Stamps!!!  You'll love it, she is so amazing!!!!  I love her style (I'm sure you will too)!!!  I just want to give a big Thanks to Kassidy for letting me join in her blog hop!  I am truly blessed with so many things (it would take FOREVER to name them all), and I hope that your lives will be blessed all year long!  Thanks again for stopping by and don't forget to go and visit Raven at Love 4 Stamps (tell her I say 'hi')!! :)

114 Wonderful Comment(s):

Rhonda Emery said...

so cute you did so good on this

quilt4fun2 said...

Jealous of the curls ;) Great projects. Thank You for being in the hop and for chances to win great prizes. Your candy looks yummy!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Christina said...

Super cute! I am your newest follower. Off to hop.

Lesley from WI said...

Wonderful projects. Great job!
lfuchs1 at wi. rr. com

Anna said...

Adorable!!! Great job. Love your dd curls. Thanks for the chance to win.
annadowdy at gmail dot com

Scrappy Jackie said...

The block is a great idea! A great way to remember and be thankful for what you have! THe book mark is very cute too! I am so blessed to have fun blogs to follow... Thank you!

Perfectly Unperfect Cards said...

So cute, I love all the ideas you girls are giving me.

Raven B said...

Celeste what great projects!!!!
Hugs,
Raven

critterbugg365 said...

Love the photo idea, and your tag is just so adorable. It seems like I have almost been through the same stuf as you, me and my husband we both got laid off and we moved 3 times in 1 year so much stress! I feel so blessed that we bought a home and I can scrapbook and he's in a stable job now. Nice being in the hop with you, Sandra.

sillyp said...

Love your story, I'm sure your kids will remember the time you two are spending with them and not the move. Nice projects.
Silvia
cornerstone(dot)cs(at)cox(dot)net

Jamie said...

Fabulous project. I am your new follower. It's great meeting new people and seeing all the creativity.

http://jmecreations.blogspot.com/

Angela R said...

Yay, I became a follower your projects are adorable! Thanks for sharing your inspiration! I am loving you Candy giveaway I've been wanting some Rhinestones and Pearls! Happy Thanksgiving!

contact Info <3: arebori0204@gmail.com

SherriC. said...

Hi Celeste!!! I love the block idea, such a fun way to share a memory....

The Scrapoholic said...

Love your projects! Love how you give gifts that are meaningful! Wishing you more happiness!

Amy said...

Great projects (and lovely hair too)! Thanks for sharing.

donna habbibi said...

great projects!!!!have a happy thanks giving...
habis1088@gmail.com

The Scrapbooking Queen said...

YOU did an amazing project thank you so much for sharing your talent with us all
The Scrapbooking Queen

BUZZY BEE DESIGNS & GRAPHICS said...

I already a follower your projects are adorable! Thanks for sharing your inspiration! I am loving you Candy giveaway
Rebecca Minor
buzzybeedesigns AT yahoo DOT com

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

love the block idea! I may do thats for each year to show how much they changes. Thanks for sharing.

michelesscrapycreations35 at yahoo dot com

Miria said...

Love the photo block.

Tabitha said...

New follower here! Love your block, you are the third person I have seen doing this type of project. I need to get on that bandwagon. LOL Thanks for sharing. I go hopping along....

Auntie Marg said...

Great projects and yes I'm jelous my hair doesent curl like you daughters...

eadesmarjorie@yahoo.com
http://auntiemargsblog.blogspot.com/

Suella said...

Awesome projects! TFS
suella11@yahoo.com

jennyplace2 said...

Very lovely project and of course wonderful things to be thankful for. TFS!
jennyplace26@gmail.com

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Cassandra said...

Fantastic job!. I can't wait to see what you create in the future.

Cricut Chick said...

What cute projects! You did a beautiful job:)

Cricut Chick

Susan said...

You did a wonderful job. TFS.
Susan
susanpollock37 at yahoo dot com

CanadianWynn said...

I don't know if this comment will pop up twice..if it does I am sorry...but wanted to clarify that I am indeed in the States....despite the name!! lol)

love your stuff!! thanks for sharing!!!!

terriennz said...

Touching story! And great project! Your daughters hair is gorgeous! I'm a new follower! :) TFS!

Thanks for a chance to win!

Terrie Barroso
terriennz@att.net
crafteecards.blogspot.com

swtdrm3 said...

I am thankful above all for my two daughters, my son-in-law who is wonderful to my daughter, my 6 grandchildren, my Mom of course and the rest of the gang. My BFF-Peggy, a job that I like, oh I could go on 4ever.
You know a girl can never have enough bling.
Great job and congrats

Mad Crafter said...

Photo blocks are so cool and yours is really great! the tags are really well done too! Your projects came out really nice. You ROCKED the blog hop. TFS. Happy to follow:)
~Madison www.funkycards.blogspot.com

Darlene said...

Great projects! Ive been a followerr for a while and love your stuff. ooh Flock! I only have white!
TFS
Darlene
desaucier at bellsouth dot net

Minta's Creations said...

I Love your projects!
I'm your newest follower.
Minta

mintab@gmail.com

http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

Trisha said...

I am so glad you and your family are doing well. Thanks for sharing your story.

Trisha
patnbobcuddy@gmail.com

Vanessa said...

I love the idea of a photo block. It's something you can always leave out and then just keep adding to through the years. Fabulous idea.

Jean said...

Great projects. I have a blog award for you on my blog.

pattyk said...

great projects -- thanks for sharing-- millierose651@aol.com

Jamie said...

what great projects they turned out so great! thanks for sharing and the chance to win!
-jamie
babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

Lilygirl said...

Great projects!! I love the block!! I am a follower.

Coachfans said...

I hope your friend enjoys that "grateful" tag. I think we forget to let our friends how much they mean to us.

Georgiana

Scrappin' Sista said...

Great projects. Thanks for sharing your story. I've been there, done that, bought the t-shirt and that tattoos! LOL!!! I'm glad that you have such a positive attitude as it does make the ride that much easier. I'm proud to be a new follower. TFS!

Christel
onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

A Scrap Above said...

Hey Celeste~
Glad to here you gays are doing well.
I love this photo block, what a wonderful idea, and what a sweet tag card you made for your friend.
I am very Thankful for my family and my scrapbooking!!
I am already a follower of your blog.
TFS and a chance to win
Bonnie C
http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
ascrapabove at aol dot com

Debbie said...

your projects are so cute thanks for sharing and thanks for your nice comment on my blog so nice to be doing the hop with you Debbie
debbiewilson62@comcast.net

Lindsay said...

Super cute projects and so much to be thankful for! Thanks for sharing and for the chance to win!
Your new follower,
Lindsay
lindsaykay2@gmail.com

debpaint16 said...

Love this idea, Celeste! Thanks for doing this hop! I am so jealous of your daughter's curly hair!! :)
I am most thankful for my family & good health of all of us!! I am also a follower!

debpaint16@aol.com

Denise said...

So very cute. I love the block idea. I have two curly haired girls too. Love their hair. It is such perfect ringlets.

Loved your comments of gifts of time. I think you are so very correct in our approach. Thanks for the reminder. Families sure are precious.

craftymom205 said...

Great projects. Love your style.

Michel E.

Kards by Kathi said...

I am thankful for my health and my cat. Thanks for sharing on this great blog hop.

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice tfs!!

Kassidy said...

Celeste!
I LOVE your project! So cute. Thanks so much for joining in on the hop:) Your'e the best:)
-Kassidy

Debbi said...

Love your picture block--great idea!
Happy Thanksgiving!
*smiles*
debbi

MommaMcVic said...

What a great idea! I love your project. Ive never done one, well I havent yet. But its on my list!
KAcee
mcvicwif@yahoo.com

Lisa J said...

Celeste as always your work is exceptional! And your card for your friend is very heart warming!

TFS

Rhonda Miller said...

I love the photo block. What a great idea. Your tag is great also. TFS.

Cassie said...

Love your projects!!!
The tag is genius!!
=)

Marianne - Fiskateer #6701 said...

Celeste,

I do like your style and will become a follower. (We have the same wallpaper on our blogs - so maybe that was the connection :-)

The idea of a block for each year is such a good one! Your daughter does have beautiful hair

It is amazing how giving crafting people are! The friend you made will be so happy to receive your card.

Karen said...

This is so cute. Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Ryansmaama said...

Celeste, I have been a follower for a while, and love everything I see you do. Love your idea for a yearly picture block. Thanks for sharing of yourself with us.--Ryansmaama
gkburrow@cmaaccess.com

scrapperbecka said...

The photo block is a great idea, and those tags are beautiful!

Shannon said...

Wonderful idea for the journal block! Yes, I am jealous of the curls! LOL. Thank you for sharing.
Shannon
slbradle at aol dot com

Karelj said...

What great projects! I especially like the colors you chose for your grateful card. I love your blog and I'm now a follower. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. ksjennings at gmail dot com

creative patti said...

Great Project. Thank you for sharing.
pattig161@yahoo.com

Sheree said...

Isn't it amazing to learn than adversity makes us realize the really important things in life. I too, have many things to be thankful for this year. As all of us move into 2011, let us be thankful of all that we have and what we really don't need. Thank you for sharing your creations with us!
sheree.burress@gmail.com

Carol E. said...

Great projects.. Thanks for sharing.
cjtj1999 at hotmail dot com

Tammy said...

I love this look ty for sharing

Kathy said...

Love your photo block! What a great idea to make one each year. I'm going to have to borrow this idea!
Glad your husband was able to find a new job! I lost my job (due to company closure) and just went back to work this week.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your Family!
kmgillon at yahoo dot com

Scrapnatic said...

I've always wanted to get one of these blocks but I never know what to do with them. Thanks for sharing!

Laura Lee said...

Too cute...
great blog hop....

BUZZY BEE DESIGNS & GRAPHICS said...

I have an award for you go to
http://buzzybeedesigns.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-award-i-want-to-say-thank-you-to.html
to get it

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great card! Love the paper!

Victoria said...

The yearly blocks are a great idea. And blog candy is blog candy...always fun. :)

Victoria

vmegnson at yahoo dot com

Dana said...

Super projects!

kramer_buffy said...

love the colors on your tag.. wow!

-- dalis
alidalis AT comcast DOT net

My Crafting Time said...

Awesome block and card! It's wonderful to have such great neighbors. Thanks for a chance to win.

stacy at mycraftingtime dot com

Michelle F. said...

Love your site! Your projects are something I will try. Thx

Celestine1686 said...

your projects are so cool. love the blog candy, Laura

ladydi47 said...

What a special idea with the block!Your daughters curls are precious..usually it's the little boys who get the curls! LOL Thanks for sharing your ideas.
Diana B.
crb_deb@bellsouth.net

sdelong1228 said...

Love the cubes and the tags are very nice! Any and all candy is good!
sandradelong@ymail.com

Heather said...

Great projects!
ra6352 (at) gmail (dot) com

Tanya said...

Super cute projects!!

Tanya
phenis2031 at yahoo dot com

Marianne said...

Your photo block is such a neat idea. It is so great that you have great people around in your new town. Thank you for sharing.

Marianne S.
sthquilter at gmail dot com
www.paperorfabric.blogspot.com

Juicy Creations said...

great project Celeste!!

Charlotte said...

Thank you for sharing your story. We really do have so much to be thankful for when we have our family with us. Good luck in your new town. Thanks for sharing your projects. So nice and so thoughtful! I am a follower of your blog.

Scrappy Heartz said...

Very Cute!! In a tag swap and I might have to lift this! LOL Thank you for sharing!!

HeartAMZ1@aol.com
Debbie Chapman

Sandee McIntyre said...

Very cute projects. Thanks for sharing!!

Amanda Villarreal said...

What a great idea for the scrap block! Did you use only 6 pictures though instead of 12?

Super cute!!!

avillarreal140@gmail.com

Cathy said...

Great projects! The photo cube is such a good idea. TFS

Cathy
cathyhartle at gmail dot com

Heather said...

Awesome projects. Your daughter has beautiful curls. I am a new follower. Your blog candy looks awesome, I have been wanting to try to do some flocking.
bhoward at kci dot net
http://handmadebyhh.blogspot.com/

Barb said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful projects and for the chance to win!

Vicki said...

The photo cube is so cute. Love those curls. The tage is great too.

AmyJRockstar said...

I liked your projects and style so much that I had to become a follower! Especially love that tag. :)

Xo ~ Amy Jo
amyjrockstar@gmail.com
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/

Melissa said...

Great projects! Thanks for sharing them with us!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

Lindy said...

Celeste I love your projects and I'm sooooo jealous of your DD curls. I'm already a follower....I love your work.

Hugs...Lindy

Patti Ross said...

So glad I hopped in! Love your projects! Thank you for the inspiration.

Patti Ross
www.pattilynncreations.blogspot.com
rossfam@wildblue.net

mbchoj said...

What a terrific idea! So cute!
mbchoj at aol dot com

jenni said...

WOW! Your words inspired me more than anything, you made me think of all the things that I am grateful for.
jpshirley@ymail.com

Angie said...

Love the tag.

angie
http://scrappindiva-angie.blogspot.com/

just-cut-n-up said...

Lovely projects! I am now a follower and hope to get many more great ideas from you.

forpahl5 said...

Love the tags! I just got a cricut and a gypsy so can't wait to try all the fun stuff!

JD said...

Great projects. The tag card is beautiful. TFS!

Auntie Em said...

Just wanted to let you know I love your photo block idea. And your grateful cards are so nice.

In Canada we had out Thanksgiving a while back but it good to stop once in awhile and think about how good things are, even in tough times. I had to leave a job a few years ago and worried about how we would manage, but in the end doing so has brought me more blessings than any job ever could! It's sounds as though you are finding that out too!

Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for sharing! :o)

lamerlisa@hotmail.com said...

great project.. thanks for sharing!!!

Lisa
lamerlisa@hotmail.com
www.lisakelly110803.blogspot.com

penbrandy said...

Awesome projects!!...Thank you so much for sharing!!...I have so many things to be thankful for...the health of my family, a hard working husband, who also happens to be my best friend...so many things....thank you for this giveaway!!...Brandy

Penbrandy at msn dot com

Wendy said...

Beautiful card and photo block!

Darline said...

What a wonderful idea to make photo blocks each year! I treasure homemade gifts over store bought :)

wilder4ga at comcast dot net

Coffee said...

Thanks for sharing not only your talent, but a little about your wonderful family and friends. Yes you are blessed with loving friends and family. I also love the photo block idea.

Theresa said...

I really loved your post and your project..thanks so much for sharing:)

Kel said...

Sweet story..sweet curls and sweet lil man fishing :) I love the tags too.. how nice to have such a good friend :)

Lisha said...

very cute project
fasloan@yahoocom

Hannah's Stampin' Nana said...

great projects, gosh I need a gypsy :-) glad you are part of the hop and shared :-)

shelley

lostnwa98 at frontier dot com

Angie Smith said...

Hi Celeste! I love your blog....and now I am a follower! I recently started making tags and I love them. Thanks for the inspiration. My biggest Thanksgiving blessing will be my youngest son coming in to visit for the holiday!!!!

Angie
overtherainbeaux@yahoo.com

PinkBlingCrafter said...

Super cute projects!!! Love them my friend.
Hugs,
Norma
nlpimentel@aol.com

Lymari said...

So cute really simple but cute!!!

Wendy said...

Cute idea! I need a gypsy, I think. I thought I didn't want one but now I do. Thanks for sharing.

Wendy C.
chloecsmom@gmail.com