Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Best Card for Little Sis! - Religious

This post is Religious - if it bothers you . . . just look at the picture. :)

I also forgot to show you this one!!!!  I've mentioned before that my little sister is serving an LDS mission in Buenos Aires.  My little ones and I were able to go visit my family before she left.  In our church the leaders usually ask the person getting ready to leave for a mission to speak in church before they go; so we were able to hear her speak!!!  My little sister was so nervous that morning (actually most of the week), but she did an AMAZING job!!!!  Her talk was very touching!  She spoke about the fire of testimony and how it starts with the little spark in your heart; she talked about how it can grow and what can help to fuel the flame.  For a 22 year old woman to give a talk like that . . . well, let's just say I was a very proud older sister!!!!  So I ended up making this card especially for her to let her know how proud I am of her!! **Did I mention my sister loves pink and brown together, and polka dots are her FAVORITE!!** :)

This was cut from the Create a Critter cartridge (yes, again) cut at 3.5 (I believe; I didn't save it, sorry).  Of course I added stickles to it :)  The purple ribbon is actually something that I got from the very talented Nicole at Primped in Paper.  She is so talented, you should go tell her I say hi (and check out her creations while you're there). :)

Thanks for stopping by!!!!!

10 Wonderful Comment(s):

girlia said...

very nice

Rhonda Emery said...

so cute she will love it

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

What a special card! Love the colors and extra sparkle!

PinkBlingCrafter said...

Super cute Celeste!!!! I love the Create a Critter cart too I would used it all the time if I could LOL!!!

Sheena said...

Very Cute card and a great story behind it :)

Kel said...

What a nice story.. I'm so glad she did well! I think that card couldn't be more perfect and inspiring to keep fueling the fire and keep that lil fire burnin :)

Coachfans said...

I know your sister will love it! It always amazes me when my younger sister does something that I would not expect of her. It sure does make you proud!

Keep in Touch,
Georgiana

Maria Matter said...

so fabulous Celeste!
praying your sister touches many hearts!
xxx

Jen said...

Wonderful card and I'm glad your sister did a great job with her speech.
Hugs,jen

primpedinpaper said...

Hi Celeste!
This is the cutest and sweetest card. I can image you were very proud that day. I bet your sister loved this card.
Thank you for the shoutout! The fiber looks great! -Nicole