Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Card Blog Hop!!!

WELCOME!!!!  I'm so glad you are here!!  I hope you've been having a great time!!  This wonderful hop is being hosted by Jen over at Simply Chic Design by Jen.  If you came to my blog first - thank you - but make sure you start at the beginning with Jen!!  So this hop is for Christmas!  YEAH!!!  I'm assuming you just came over after visiting Saundra at Luv Scrapping Together .  Isn't she amazing?!!!

So here's my card.  I'll be honest - I'm a little disappointed.  It didn't turn out the way I saw it in my mind.  I used the Christmas solutions (the one downloaded to the Gypsy).  I tried it with the part on the inside of the sign and didn't like it (again - not quite what I though).  I added a bit of bling to liven it up.  I'm so sorry it's not the best card I've ever made; I actually have a cute one tomorrow.


I know it's not much to offer for candy, but I thought it might be nice for someone to have (even if you re-gift it . . . I won't tell). :)

All you need to do is leave a comment letting me know what your favorite part is of Christmas.  Mine is the tree. :)  We go up the mountains to go get a real tree.  We enjoy doing it as a family (I think my kids just like playing in the snow)!!  You do NOT have to become a follower!  I'd love to have you as a follower friend if I can help inspire you!  The only other thing is that is for US residents only - I'm so sorry, I hope you understand.  I'll announce the winner on Monday, December 6.  Please just leave one comment. :)

Here is the line-up just in case you get lost along the way:

Karen @ The Busy Bug
ME!!!!

Thanks again for stopping by!!  Make sure you head on over to see Jeanine @ Scrappin With JC!  You'll be glad you did!

62 Wonderful Comment(s):

Cindylu2u said...

I think your card looks wonderful, my husband just order me the Gypsy for Christmas(YEAH) hopefully this cut comes on it see lots of possabilities with it!! Thanks

Carol's Sweet Creations! said...

Hi Celeste, it's so wonderful to be hoppin' with you! I love your work :0) I love to sing the HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS after 12am on the 25th (I also bake something to go with the song) lol. I hope u have a blessed day!
Hugs, Carol L.

girlia said...

My favorite part about Christmas is looking at various houses and how they are decorated

Teela said...

You know sometimes simple really makes a statement and your card is very nice! Also, your 'candy' is nice and would be a treat to win.

Teela said...

oops..forgot to say what I think is best part of Christmas. My kids are all grown and we get together at Thanksgiving and they to the other parents @ Christmas. I love the decorations the stores put up, parties we dress up for and the festivities that go along w/Christmas, but my favorite part is remembering WHY we have Christmas. Just to sit outside on a cold night and look at the stars and be thankful Christ became a babe and Redeemer for me.

Luv Scrapping Together said...

Great card, Celeste! Love the added bling! I'm having fun being in this hop with you. My favotite part of Christmas is just seeing the look of excitement on my kids faces. I just want to bottle it!

kathlee said...

There is not a thing wrong with this card..it is adorable! TFS. Funny how we as the creator see our work one way and the audience sees it another. I think we are our own worst critic! My favorite part of the holidays is also the tree. When my kids were at home we always chose and cut our tree.Now my favorite thing is lovingly putting every ornament in it's place on my tree. I know who bought it, or where and when I bought it and events that relate to it, It is a yearly walk down memory lane. This year I have 2 full sized trees!! Woowoo!! Merry Christmas!
kathlee154@gmail.com
http://kathleessnippitsncricuts.blogspot.com

Celeste said...

I think your card turned out perfect... My favorite part of Christmas is getting in the van and riding around town to see all the beautiful lights...

pattyk said...

Your card is very nice -thanks millierose651@aol.com

Trickut said...

I like your card and simple can be quite stunning. My fav part has got to be hmmm.. ok so I love it all. Decorating the tree with the kids, on christmas eve taking a drive to look at lights then coming home and having the kids open their new pjs then I make some cocoa while they change then we read "twas the night before christmas" before putting them to bed. Watching them open their prezzies christmas morning. Guess my true fav would really be happy children. :)

Rachel
gl2814@zoominternet.net

Lesley from WI said...

I really like your card. One of my favorite parts about Christmas is driving around and looking at Christmas lights. It is so beautiful!

alwayscharlie said...

I agree with your other commenters ~ I like the card too! My favorite part of Christmas is spending time with the family (followedcloselyby cookies.)!

jackie l said...

I like the card, totally original. my favorite part of Christmas, is seeing the children stand in front of our house ooooh & awwwing over my husbands Christmas light show. I love seeing the love of christmas in their eyes and on their faces.

Christina said...

This is the only time of year my whole family can get together. We sit around for a few days and just catch up on our lives. It is great!
Great project TFS!
shewhodreamz at gmail dot com

4kids4 said...

You're being too hard on yourself...your card is great. Love that sign...so many possibilities! I love listening to my husband read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' to my 4 little ones on Christmas Eve...it's turned into a lovely tradition. :-)

~Sharon C.

Rhonda Emery said...

i love your card you did a wonderful job as always. hugs

scrappinmomma said...

I LOve your card I think it looks wonderful. My favorite part of Christmas is seeing my kids faces when they open there gifts, I also love giving out gifts (even if it's just a little something) and I love to read the Christmas Story from the Bible.

http://ikolinda-scrappinmomma.blogspot.com

SpantastiKreations said...

Aw this card may not have come out the way you pictured it in your mind but it sure is beautiful.

TFS,
Erin
spantastikreations@yahoo.com

Emily said...

Your card is great! We all have cards that don't turn out the way they look in our head so don't be too hard on yourself!! The best part about crafting is the beauty is in the eye of the beholder so even if you don't love it...someone else will :)

Emily (coolcricutcreations at yahoo dot com)

Jamie said...

love the colors you used for your card. my fav part about Christmas is getting to go home and spend time with fam and friends (we live in a different state from any of our fam or friends thanks to my hubbys job lol).
-jamie
babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

tytynniyasmom said...

Your card is wonderful and you blog candy is super sweet!




peaches581@hotmail.com

Debican said...

Love this idea on the card. My fav part of xmas is being with my family. Hugs, Debi

Heather said...

Do not be hard on yourself. I think the card came out great. I know I am always hard on myself. I like the card and I do like the colors.

I think your blog candy is great. I don't come on here or on hops to get prizes (prizes are great), but I come to get ideas and in turn I find blogs I probably would not have even see if not for hops.

Heather
uofkgirl at gmail dot com

Roma said...

your card looks great. Thanks for doing this blog

Jo Ann V said...

the card turned out awesome. thanks for the giveaway.
http://craftywithjoann.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Wonderful job my friend!! TFS
Thanks so much for hoppin with us!
big hugs,jen
jennyscards.blogspot.com

A Scrap Above said...

Celeste~
OMG girl, you crack me up!!! I don't have a gypsy,so I have no idea what you are talking about, but I love your card! And your candy sure looks good to me! I would not complain!
I love the lights and putting up my tree and all the decorations, but this yr we are in the middle of moving, so it's VERY strange without the tree...**SAD** LOL
Well I am already a follower of your blog
TFS and a chance to win
Bonnie C
http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
ascrapabove(at)aol(dot)com

HappyMom2010 said...

For me there is not right or wrong when crafting... It's just not what you had on you mind, and that it...
THANKS FOR SHARING. Your post is showing me that we all have this days (you know?)
Gina Lindsey
agsainz at gmail dot com

Ghanice said...

Love your work, just beautiful. Favorite part of Xmas is family diner. jman4@comcast.net

crafty queen said...

I think it's a cute card. The blog candy is awesome. I would appreciate it. My favorite part of Christmas is getting together with family and friends. Love to hear from everyone by person, mail, e-mail for facebook. Happy Holidays

gdobberteen at yahoo dot com

PinkBlingCrafter said...

Hi Celeste, The card looks fabulous with the background and the bling:) and the candy is yummy for some lucky winner and I'm sure they will LOVE it!!! My favorite part about Christmas is decorating the tree with my son:) Thanks for sharing. I've had so much fun hoppin with you my friend!!!!

Felicia said...

There's nothing wrong with your card. All crafts are "A Work of Heart". It's cute to me. I'm keeping the blog candy if I win...lol. TSF; Smooches fgreggs@yahoo.com

Aimee said...

You're too hard on yourself! It's a very cute card. I love silver for holiday cards. I'm now a follower.

Kards by Kathi said...

Your card is so great. I love your projects and your talent. Thanks for sharing.

Sandy said...

Sometimes simple is elegant :)

My favorite part of Christmas is Christmas eve service at church and our big party afterwards :)

The Creative Mind of Melia said...

I think your card is adorable. Soem time simpler is better!

My favorite part of Christmas, is decorating ... I lvoe the lights and colors, sounds and smells of Christmas.


Melia~~
wifey7799

Suni Smith Brandt said...

Many Favorite parts combined to make the moment, Family, Music, Tree, and the Aromas !!! I am so easily amused at this time of year lol...Merry Christmas & thank you for sharing

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Your card is very nice! You are too hard on yourself!

My favorite part of Christmas is the stockings!

Court said...

Fabulous! I know what it's like when something doesn't come out the same way you had it planned in your head, but it still totally works! :)

Proud to be hoppin' with you! :)

pennykitz said...

OMG don't be so hard on yourself, sounds like you have been a very busy little elf..lolol I think your card is a good o'l simple one.. I would love to win your gift, anytime someone gives your something it should be a blessing, it is for me anyways..pennykitz@charter.net
oh yeh: I just became a follower and would love to have you too..
http://pennykitz.blogspot.com/

VeronicaA said...

Your card reminds me of a night scene...a snowy, starry night. My favorite part of Christmas is the traditions we form along the way. Thanks for sharing and the opportunity to win.
Veronica
vballen@comcast.net

Ive_Boricua_Girl said...

What I love is your honesty girl.. your card is great... just simple..

TFS...


Ivette

Vanaleigh said...

That is super cute! Thank you for a wonderful chance for some blog candy too

I would have to say my favorite part of Christmas is a combination of Family & Friends, and how kind people are...Its something about the Holidays that makes everyone smile, hold doors for people. Its nice to even have a complete stranger wish you a Merry Christmas.
I also love the QUALITY time you get to spend with Family! <3

Happy Holidays!

Savannah

simplecricutcrafts.blogspot.com

savannahhansen@gmail dot com

Scrappy Jackie said...

Thank you so much for being part of this hop! Great job! pjritsema at gmail dot com

Barb A. said...

I really like your card! If I scraplift it, I may change the sign to say, "Happy birthday, Jesus" or "He is the reason for the season". But regardless, you have a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing your talents.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Daisy Do Designs said...

Great Blog Hop... Love your card!
My favorite part of Christmas is making homemade gifts

Valerie

mrsrankie@comcast.net

Two Scraptastic Gals said...

Your card is great!!! Christmas is such a wonderful time of year! My fav part is all the baked goods, like fudge..yum yum

TFS,
Meriah

najakaa@yahoo.com

Jeanine said...

Great card its been fun hopping with all of you talented ladies :)

Alex said...

it's simply elegant :) tfs :)

the condes at gmail dot com

Marionment said...

Your card works for me. My favorite part of Christmas is looking at all of the lights.
marionment@msn.com

Denise said...

Your card is beautiful. Love the ornate post you used on it. The bling is a great addition to it.

Creative Craft Corner said...

Celeste

Nothing to be disappointed with. I love the card!! Loved being in the blog hop with you!!

Karey

Kadrisc said...

I know that you are not thrilled with your card, but remember that we are our own worst critic, the card is great, Karen
karens-kakes-krafts.blogspot.com

stefeni said...

Great card! I love wrapping presents during Christmas. Shopping for them is another story..

spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

spage said...

My favorite part of Christmas is being with my kids and grandkids

BUZZY BEE DESIGNS & GRAPHICS said...

Thanks for doing this hop
Rebecca Minor
buzzybeedesigns(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Carol said...

Your cards are always so beautiful, thank you for sharing!

Coachfans said...

Celeste, Your cards are always great! You have such a creative side with so many wonderful ideas.

Georgiana

My Crafting Time said...

=) I love taking the week between Christmas and New Years to spend with my daughters as they play with their new toys. Thanks for sharing.

stacy at mycraftingtime dot com

Tabitha said...

I love staying Christmas Eve at my mom's with the whole family. While the little one's are sleeping, us adults stay up late playing games and reminising about the old days. Been doing this since I got married (14 yrs.) and now my brothers and their families are suckered into our family tradition. I guess I really just love making our own traditions. LOL

Cheryl Gaffney said...

Hi Celeste!! :)

I think your card is a cute non-traditional card... that alone makes it wonderful, but the fact you made it is even better!! :)

My fav part of Christmas is reading the Nativity story to my boys and putting up our mural of the nativity. I'm really showcasing Jesus the last couple of years and downplaying Santa in my holiday decor. My kids are really benefiting from it too!

Thanks for the hop,

Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

craftaholic said...

I have been a follower for some time now!! I have to say that my favorite part of christmas is the opening of the presents and seeing the surprise on the little faces!!
TFS!!!
ilovetonkinese2athotmaildotcom
http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
Rexann