Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Flaunt It Fridays and a HELLO!!!!!!!!

Hello to all of my friends!!!!!!!!!  I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas (or any other holiday you celebrate).   We had a great time, the hubby had the 24th and 25th off so we were able to spend some time with him (he works so hard - we take what we can get).  We had some of our family come over later on Christmas day and (luckily) I had enough food for everyone.  My little ones wanted to go to my In-laws' house and my Mother-in-law was nice enough to take them; lucky me - I get to have a little bit of me time.  :)  I'm so glad (thanks Mother-in-law)!!! 

With my 'me' time I decided to participate in Flaunt It Fridays challenge.  The challenge is to use the turtle from Create a Critter.  They also challenged to make something other than a card.  Well I used the turtle; I made a card that has a gift card (or money) holder inside.  The turtle didn't turn out exactly as I wanted (the colors didn't quite work right), but it's still cute.  I had a wonderful friend send me a set of Peachy Keen stamps (EEEEEEEK - LOVE THEM)!  I stamped half of the face on it; I thought the face turned out super cute!!  I cut the clouds out by hand and inked the edges with silver (I know, it's a little hard to see it).
 (below) - picture of the inside to hold a gift card

For the gift card holder part I glued the bottom of the pink paper (so the gift card wouldn't fall out the bottom); and then attached the four corners.  All of the paper I used was from my scrap box, so I'm not sure of brands (sorry).  If you have a chance stop by Flaunt it Fridays to check out the challenges (they're so fun)!!! :)  Thanks so much for stopping by!  I'm so glad you did!!!!

15 Wonderful Comment(s):

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super cute! Love the papers and sentiment!

Celeste said...

Great card... I so love the little turtle...

Jean said...

Cute.

Nikki T said...

It's too cute. I love the colors.
Nikki

PinkBlingCrafter said...

Super cute card girl!!! I can't wait for the HOP it should be lots of FUN!!

Rhonda Emery said...

I think this is the cutest ever.
great job. glad you got some me time. its always nice.

Carol said...

super cute. TFS!

AmyJRockstar said...

Hey Sweetie,
I'm thinkin of doing this challenge too! It looks so fun. Your lil turtle came out so cute! Just loving him! Hope you're having an awesome day and again, thank you for your most thoughtful comments. They just make my day!
:0)
Hugs,
Amy Jo

Lisa J said...

Love Love Love this Celeste! Turtles are one of my favorites!

girlia said...

Nice job.

Sandra 365 Days Of Cricut said...

What a cute gift card holder! I love the PK face you used here! Thanks for flaunting it at FIF.
Sandra

Dina said...

adorable idea! happy new Year! Dina

Amanda Villarreal said...

ADORABLE! What a great idea for stamping a side face :)

Thanks for joining us at Flaunt It Fridays!

Lawyers Scrap Too! said...

Very cute! Thanks for sharing.

Patti B said...

I like your idea. Will have to try it. Thanks for the hop