Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Rockin New Year Blog Hop

WELCOME!!!!!!  I'm so glad you're here for a Rockin' New Year blog hop; hosted by the AMAZING Jen @ Simply Chic Design by Jen.  I hope you just came from Carol @ Carol's Sweet Creations isn't she amazing?!!); if you didn't just make sure you start out with her (click here to start - you won't want to miss a thing)!!!!

Growing up I never really did anything for New Year's; it wasn't a big holiday for my family.  The funny thing is that for my husband's family it was a complete opposite.  His family set aside New Year's to have a BIG party; they combined family Christmas present trading and New Year's celebrations together (that was a BIG change for me).  What is a party without (lots of food and) a TON of games.  We play a ton of games ranging from board games to card games to our recent favorites of Guitar Hero and ROCK BAND!!!!!  So in order to celebrate our family totally Rockin' Out on New Year I made this card!!  (HEHE - I like it)! :)
The guitar is from the Hannah Montana cartridge and is cut out at 2.81 (as the height on my Gypsy), but you could shrink it down to 2.75 and it would look just fine.  The stamp is actually something I found in a dollar bin at Michaels.  I used some Pearlescent water colors **Thanks Nicole* to color parts of the guitar to look more like flames.  You could use markers, but I love the shimmer that the water colors give it.  


Now onto the Blog Candy - I know it's not much, but everyone likes free (and pay no attention to the mess in the background).  All you need to do is leave one comment telling me what you have planned for New Year's. :)  You do not have to be a follower friend; if you like my style, I'd love to have you as a friend (but it is NOT required)!!  US residents only, unless you would like to pay for shipping (I'm sorry - I truly hope you understand).
Your next stop is Court @ Court's Crafts!!  You will love what she has created (I LOVE her work)!!!!!!  Here is the rest of the talented ladies in the line-up, just in case you get If you get lost along the way; like I said - You won't want to miss a thing:

***ME!!!!!*** - you are here!!

Thanks again for stopping by, make sure you go visit

103 Wonderful Comment(s):

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

LOVE the card!!! my 13 year old brother who think that rocks!!!
We were supposed to have my sil, bil, and their two little boys here for new years, I was so excited, cleaned the whole house, etc. Just found out they can't come the littlest one has chicken pox (poor thing) so now I'm not sure what were going to do. TFS!!! -Sam :-)

girlia said...

Love that flaming guitar. great job

Court said...

Awww!!! Thanks girl!!! I LOVE this guitar! It TOTALLY rocks!!!

Savahanna said...

Cute card. What a fun idea to have a big celebration. Maybe I will start that with my family.

Denine said...

I have to agree.. I love the look the watercolors gave. Really Cute and shimmery! Love it!! Oh.. I love the sound of your "New" family tradition. I am a sucker for games and family get togethers for any reason.

This year for bringin' in 2011, we will be in our jammies at home. Our lil Pumpkin is still sick with something so we will probably have a "dinner on a blanket" night watching the celebration on TV. Of course Gramms will be over for the "Pajama Party".

Happy 2011!!

Oh BTW, love the Pink and Green organizer... gotta have one!!!

Coachfans said...

Your card is perfect! I love that cut and it fits with your celebrations. My husband usually watches foot ball, so I am going to craft (if all my lesson plans are done for Monday).

Happy New Year,
Georgiana
http://www.carsonscricutcreations.blogspot.com/

Melissa said...

Great card! I am planning on using that guitar cut on a Rock 'n Roller Coaster LO! I wish I could get my hands on that $1 stamp because it would be perfect along with it!

We are staying home New Years Eve (don't like being out on the roads with all the drinkers!) to play games and watch movies with our boys! New Years Day will be all about fun and family as well! Hope you have a wonderful one!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

Celeste said...

Such a wonderful tradition... I so love your card...Thank you also for the chance to win a fabulous candy.

Dina said...

Love it! Happy new year! We just get take out and watch movies as a family all night. I know sounds boring, but after all of the hustle and bussel of Christmas its nice to relax! Hugs, Dina

Debc06 said...

I usually go with my husband on New years eve he mixes sound for bands. On New years day its more of a food day. Black eyed peas, ham with all the trimmings, and lots of T.V. time or crafting time both if I happen to be crocheting a project.

Cindylu2u said...

Awesome, you always come up with the most wonderful ideas!! Thanks
Cindy
miller896042atbellsouth.net

Kathy's-Krafts said...

I am a new follower...this is a really great card. We do not do much at all for the new year. We just hang out as a family.
kgprevost(at)sbcglobal(dot)net
http://kathyskraftsandmore.blogspot.com/

Luv Scrapping Together said...

Love the Rockin' card, Celeste! So fun! No big plans at my house. Family will be coming in so we will see what happens. Hope you have a Happy New Year!

~Saundra
Luvscrappingtogether@gmail.com

DORCAS said...

YOur card ROCKED it!!! Love it! Thanks for sharing and I too and privileged to hop with you dear friend!

HUGS

Karen @ The Busy Bug said...

Cute card...gotta get this cart. My son will love the guitar! Nice hoppin' with you! Bug Hugs!

craftaholic said...

Love the card!! It does ROCK!!! My DH and I stay at home and enjoy playing games and watching old videos of both our familys! TFS!!
ilovetonkinese2athotmaildotcom
http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
Rexann

GreenScrap said...

That guitar is beautiful!! Love it!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Minta's Creations said...

Love your guitar..
Minta

mintab@gmail.com
http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

Beebeebabs said...

Great card you did a very nice job with the layering. This year I am staying home!!

Roma said...

Love the guitar. I have listened to my girls and their friends play rock band for days now. They love it and they are 21 and 22....Thats what my daughter wanted for Christmas. She was so excited when she got it...Happy New Year.

Jeanine said...

Love the card its super cute
TFS

Reneeleeak said...

Great guitar card! Very attractive. ☺
This New Years, I'm sure we'll watch a few movies and at midnight, we'll bundle up, go outside and watch many of our neighbor's illegal fireworks! (If it's too cold, we'll just peek out of the window...)
reneeleeak at yahoo dot com

Melissa said...

What can I say but ROCK on!! Great job on you project.

I celebrate my New Year at church, I have done that for years...right before the New Year we are down on our knees praying it in!!! TFS and the opportunity to win!

pattyk said...

great card--Rock-on--Have a great New Year-millierose651@aol.com

JD said...

Rockin' card! Love the details on the guitar!

~ JD ~
jdscricuteering{at}gmail{dot}com

Heather said...

Love the guitar! No new years plans yet, just hanging out at home with my hubby!
ra6352 (at) gmail (dot) com

joni said...

What a perfect card for your family's celebration!!! Its fantastic!!! TFS! Happy New Year!
hugs,
joni

arcocha at yahoo dot com

Libby Beach said...

Love the guitar :)
This year for New Years, it'll probably just be me and my son hanging out at home :) Hopefully I'll get some crafting time **fingers crossed** We might stay up to watch the ball drop New Years Eve, but New Years Day we'll be on our own as the old ball and chain will be watching football at his dad's house.

JerseyJenn said...

Great guitar card! I will be spending New Year's Eve with a group of 20 or so of my neighbors at a fun neighborhood party!

Amy said...

The guitar looks great. I love blog hopping and reading about everyones little secrets like the watercolors. Gives me great inspiration and some good advice!! Happy New Years!! Party On!!

Amy said...

Hey This is Amy again I just left the abive comment. I forgot to leave my e-mail. It's acp1981@sbcglobal.net thank you for the chance to get some blog candy!!

scrapperbecka said...

Hi Celeste
WOW I love that guitar it really does look like flames coming out of it. We are going to a house party for New Years. I am excited because it will be the 1st time in a long time that we actually went somewhere for New Years

scrapperbecka @ yahoo dot com

VeronicaA said...

I will be attending a New Year's Ever service at my church and relaxing on New Year's day. Thanks for sharing and the opportunity to win.
Veronica
vballen@comcast.net

GiGi said...

That guitar ROCKS...sorry I couldn't help the pun! LOL! Thanks for the great blog candy and Happy New Year!
booger1 at tds.net

- - Sheryl - - said...

Great jazzy card - how I am spending my new years eve = well my neighbor asked me to baby it for him.... so I guess my New Years Day may be a better day for me!
thanks
luv2scrap44 at yahoo.com

Pink Cricut said...

Love the RockStar Card--my daughter would love it too! :)

Karen said...

The whole family stays in, ad it is a wild night of Chinese food and board games!! It is so much fun, with no worrying who is on the road, and that everyone is safe!! Karen

Leah said...

Seriously Rocks. How awesome! TFS
scrapbug@live.com

BunnyFreak said...

bowl watching and games with friends.

PinkBlingCrafter said...

Hey girl, Love hopping with you and I love your card!! I so want the Hannah Montana cart:) It sound like you guys have lots of fun on New Years!!!I can't wait to see some pictures:)and girl love that giveaway it's PINK!! Have a Happy New Year my dear friend!!!
Hugs,
Norma

Summer said...

Your card really does rock!

Jo Ann V said...

love the guitar. very nice color combo. thanks for sharing
http://craftywithjoann.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Fantastic job!!! Happy New Year!
HUGS,jen

Kathy Starline said...

Love your card! Good job! Sorry, I have a blog, it's nearly blank! Just started it and I'm still learning.

kstarline@cinci.rr.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun card! We have a huge party, play games and eat lots of yummy food!

AJoy said...

Love the flames! It makes the card magnificant!

April

Ive_Boricua_Girl said...

Great card Celeste... love ur style..

TFS...

Ivette_aviles@yahoo.com

Linda said...

That card is so cute!! :)

We are having my MIL & FIL along with my SIL & her family over for New Year's Eve. Then, on New Year's Day I will be cleaning & crafting the day away!! Happy New Year!! :)

linda (at) fancyframework (dot) com
www.fancyframework.com

Hannah said...

Love your rockin' card! Too cute!!

BUZZY BEE DESIGNS & GRAPHICS said...

My Grand Duagthe LOVE Disney Hannah Montana,
Rebecca Minor
buzzybeedesigns(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Carrie's Corner said...

Love the guitar. That is an awesome card. TFS
cau0617 at yahoo dot com

JennyKozar said...

Sounds like you are going to be having a ton of fun on New Years! I love being with my family and playing games. As a kid we would go outside and bang pots and pans. Oh the memories!

4kids4 said...

Great guitar card...love the flames...very cool! :-) New Year's Eve will be spent home with my husband and kids. We'll play games until midnight...if we make it that long! We're going to a New Year's Day party at a friend's house...it's usually packed and a lot of fun! Happy New Year!

~Sharon C.
sconn0925 at yahoo dot com

Josie0602 said...

I do love your style and I am already a follower! Hubby and I usually go out to eat and to do some shopping on New Year's Eve but I am not sure about this year. We will probably just spend a quiet evening at home.

Happy New Year!
tracyg398@yahoo.com

Scrappy Jackie said...

That is an awesome card! Thank you for sharing it with us and inspiring us to be creative and have fun! pjritsema at gmail dot com

stefeni said...

How exciting to change traditions. I find I have to make new traditions too since my family is still back home in Hawaii. Love the card, I wanted the Hannah Montana cart just for those awesome images.

spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

Marionment said...

I will attend an early New Year's Eve Service and afterward a quiet night at home relaxing.
marionment@msn.com

Tabitha said...

We all love Rock Band too! Received it last year for Christmas so that is what we did for new years. We always stay home and have a small party with my 2 brothers and their families, my parents, and hubby's sister and her family comes. We usually play board games or Wii. We also watch the ball drop together. Thanks for sharing your card. Super cute. I am a follower. Hopping along...

Emily said...

GREAT card!! I am going to see a movie on New Years, and hanging out with friends :)

Emily (coolcricutcreations at yahoo dot com)

Patti B said...

Sweet card. Thanks for the blog

CyndiU said...

Great card, love the guitar, TFS and being part of the hop. Don't have much planned for New Year's Eve, will probably end up watching my grandsons.

cureta2 at yahoo dot com

MeMe said...

What a great guitar.
Pat
plweir@satx.rr.com

Kathy's Kreative Spot said...

That guitar is the reason i bought the Hannah Montana cartridge--it's great. happy new years!!!

kathy
Katsews at gmail dotcom

Suella said...

Great Flaming guitar, luv it!TFS
My hubby will be working so going to dtrs & we are having slumber party night with 4 yr. old granddtr.eating popcorn, watching countdown on TV, drinking apple juice in fancy glasses, have some fun snacks to make, hats & horns & son-in-law is partying with us!!! Making memories to scrap. :)suella11@yahoo.com

A Scrap Above said...

Hey Celeste~

What a cool crazy card! I love the flames coming from the Guitar, and the water colors do make it pop!
Growing up my family was major into church, so I was always in church on New Years, this year I think we are going to stay in, my girls have some friends coming over, the whole popcorn and movies thing,then 1-1 we will be scrapbooking the who day!!
I am already a follower of your blog, love your projects.
TFS and a chance to win
Bonnie C
http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
ascrapabove at aol dot com

Elaine said...

Love your card it is awesome!!
My sons would love this card, they are self taught guitar players.

For new years my family comes to my home to spend time with one another and to eat all the goodies I make for them. Actually I am preparing it now, but took a break to stop by for a hop!

thanks for sharing & for the chance to win:)

Have a great new year!!

elainer@cinci.rr.com
ExpressionsByElaine.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Celeste,

Your New Year's celebration sounds wonderful!!! (It probably works out perfectly-you get to celebrate Christmas with your family without missing out on anything with your husband's family.) I like the card you made to commemorate it!

We don't like to be on the road on New Years, so we usually have a special dinner and a quiet night at home!

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

AmyJRockstar said...

Hey Lady! I got that same stamp set in the dollar bin LOL! For New Year's my family is just like yours. We never did/do anything, in fact, we can never stay awake long enough to celebrate! LOL - This year, I'm having some girl friends over for the day to work on some scrapbooking, then at night, we will have take out from Outback and relax and be bums at home. I've been in tons of pain and can't really do much else, but it sounds good to me! Love your card, btw. It's totally kick *ss!

Hugs,
Amy

Kris said...

I love that guitar! Would be great on a card for my guitar playing daughter! Thanks... off to the next blog!


Kris in Alaska
funamom at yahoo dot com

Rhonda Emery said...

stopping by to wish you a happy new year and your card rocks love it. have fun and see you next year. hugs

Claudia said...

Your card is GREAT! We plan to stay home (we always do on big holidays) and get some much needed rest after a great dinner. Happy New Year!

Dorcas "Dee" Troche said...

Amazing guitar! I so wish I knew how to do that!!! Have a wonderful new year!

Dorcas T.
deecanta@bellsouth.net
www.craftycardangel.com

Dorcas "Dee" Troche said...

I was so excited with the card I forgot to mention that we will probably stay at home, make some dinner, play dominoes with the kids (that's their new thing) and watch New Years Rockin Eve. We don't really like to be out on New Years in South Florida.

Happy New Year everyone!!

Dorcas
deecanta@bellsouth.net

Peace, Love & Scrapbooking said...

Your card is too cute. I just became a follower. Found your blog from the Rockin Blog Hop. Looking forward to future posts. Thanks so much for a chance to win great blog candy!

Jill at
www.peaceandscrapbooking.blogspot.com

scrappinC said...

Awesome guitar. Sounds like your New Year's is a blast. My husband and I just have a nice dinner and talk about the past year and the new year coming up and what we would like to do. Thanks for sharing and I am now a follower and I do like your style.

Cindy

endurapuppy at yahoo dot com

Courtney said...

Awesome card! I enjoy the guitar :) Aren't dollar bins the best?

-Courtney

Ashley said...

Celeste, I *LOVE* the card! My husband loves to play Rock Band too...it is a favorite game of his family as well :) It is always fun to celebrate the new year with family! I am now a follower. Thanks for sharing, and Happy New Year!

Ashley "Scrappin' Pink Piglet"
scrappinpinkpiglet(at)gmail(dot)com

Creative Craft Corner said...

Love the guitar!! You definately rocked it!!

TFS

Karey

Debra said...

Wonderful card, Happy New Year and thanks for the chance to win!

xdebrax@yahoo.com

craftaholic said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Looking forward to a new and creative Year!!!!

ilovetonkinese2athotmaildotcom
http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
Rexann

Peggy said...

Awesome card. We plan to stay at home and celebrate very quietly. Thanks for the chance to win some blog candy. {Hugs} Peggy
Stampnmore at aol dot com

Nikki T said...

The card is awesome, i love the guitar....I was thinking about getting that cartridge, thanks for the inspiration. For New Year's my fiance and I are hanging in and playing video games and crafting and vegging out on cookies and candies. Happy New Year!
Nikki
glamoroussideofscrapping at gmail dot com
www.theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com

nancy said...

Wow my teen-agers would love that card---where is the cut from----Nancy mtbootleggerz@msn.com

BUZZY BEE DESIGNS & GRAPHICS said...

Day 2
Rebecca Minor
buzzybeedesigns(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Katie said...

Day 2
Thanks for sharing. I too like to learn people's techniques. As I do not live in America please don't enter my name to win the blog candy.
Katie

Carol's Sweet Creations! said...

That's it, I'm going over your house next year to celebrate Christmas and new years!!! lol. I love your card girl! super cute :0). Have a bless day.

Hugs,
Carol L.

Kristin said...

Great blog, I just became a follower!! Happy New Year! I can't wait to see all of your creations!

Kristinbadeaux@charter.net

pennykitz said...

I am so glad to hear about family's still getting together for fun... I plan on getting some rest from a hard week of babysitting and going thru 7thousand emails...Happy New Year!!!
pennykitz@charter.net
p.s. I need the pink bag bad!!!

- said...

Great card. I love the guitar! TFS

CricutLvr!! said...

Love the card! You definitely Rocked it!! lol
Happy New Year!!

Lisa J said...

We too normally do the games and tons of food. something is just off this year though. Not sure what. Love the card though! You will have to give me step by step on what you did with the colors girl..

Happy New Year!
{{hugs}}

tjsgal at g mail dot com

Darlene said...

Great card! you rocked it!
We are staying home and enjoying the familytime. Kids will be back at school on Monday.

darlene

Runnergirl Creations said...

Great blog! Thanks for the hop!:)

Ruby Taylor said...

Love your Rock Star card...awesome job on your coloring...the flames look shiny! Happy New Year!

Carol said...

Awesome job!

Carol
http://caroleesscrappinspot.blogspot.com

Sandy said...

Cool card! I plan on eating pork for good luck :)

Trell said...

Love the card! Happy New Year!!

Susan said...

Hey ther thanks for your blog hop again and love your projects they are great! Happy New Year!

sloopysue2658@gmail.com

Lillian Child said...

Just having the kids over for a nice dinner and time with our 2 year old grandson! Always a rockin time!

VinDeeLoo said...

Very cute. I hate to say it, but I think I want the Hannah Montana cart.
We went out to eat with my folks. Then we went to their house. My dad and husband watched Oklahoma State basketball. My mom and I brainstormed on crafts - with the bb game on.

VinDeeLoo
vndlewis at rocketmail dot com

Ash said...

Unfortunately, I had to work for the New Year and did not get home until 3 am. Since I work in fine dining. I just graduated with my bachelors in business admin. so hopefully I can make REAL plans next year!! :)) Happy 2011!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs
Ash
ashley.dziak@gmail.com

karensk said...

Thanks for sharing
karen k 3 at ameritech dot net

primpedinpaper said...

Awesome card Celeste!!! The Pearlescent watercolors give a great effect. I bet your New Years was a lot of fun!! I love Rock Band and Guitar Hero too!! Happy New Year to you and your family. -Nicole