Saturday, December 4, 2010

Snowy Winter Blog Hop!!!!!!!! :)

I'm so excited to be a part of this amazing hop.  The Snowy Winter hop is being hosted by Dorcas over at 4 Crafty Angels.  I hope you came over after visiting Norma at Pink Bling Crafter.  She's amazing isn't she!  I love her work.  If you just came to my blog by chance make sure you start at the beginning with Dorcas at 4 Crafty Angels; we've got some great blog candy!!!!!! :)

On to my projects; yes, PROJECTS.  Sorry, I couldn't pick just one (go figure)!! :)  The first one is a card.  This time of year my family and I start thinking about Christmas.  One of my favorite stories is The Three Trees.  It is a very sweet story and means a lot to me.  With that story in mind I decided to make this card!
All of the paper is from my scrap pile so I'm not sure of the brands.  I used the Christmas Solutions cart for the trees and they are cut at 3 1/2, 2 1/2 and 2.  I used a marker to ink the branches and then used an ink pad to ink the outside edges.  The white (of course) has some flock to look like snow.

My second project is a countdown calendar.  I made it so that it can be used as a countdown as well as a regular calendar.  My little ones love it!!!













The numbers are cut at 3 inches and the words are cut at 3/4 inches using the Old West cartridge.  The months and numbers are just paper that I mod podged on.  I love it (and it helps my little ones with numbers)!! :)

Now onto blog candy.  I couldn't get a good picture of my candy, sooooo . . . we're just going to keep it a surprise!!!  All you have to do is comment on this post.  That's it!!!  If you love my work and I can help inspire you then I'd love to have you become a follower friend; but it's NOT required!!!  US residents only, I hope you understand!!

Now that you've seen my projects hop on over to Blanca @ Sweet Scrapping With HoneyB, she's got an amazing creation!!!!!

Here's the lineup for the amazing ladies that are hoping along (in case you get lost):

133 Wonderful Comment(s):

Adrian said...

Love the trees! Thanks for a chance to win!

Adrian

GiGi said...

Great projects! Your countdown blocks are beautiful! TFS!
booger1 at tds.net

Lindy said...

Love your projects....TFS Celeste :) Thanks for the chance at some 'yummy' candy!

Hugs~Lindy

~Amarilis~ said...

I liked the calendar that you made. That would be great as a gift.
Amarilis
Amarilisperez at msn dot com

Nadia's World said...

Cute card. Love the countdown calendar. Very cool idea to make one that can be used throughout the year for those special dates!

TFS!

Nicole
niclax13@gmail.com

KSD Creations said...

I love your countdown calendar. What did you modge podge the numbers and letters onto?

I did something similar for a Christmas advent calendar but I put it inside an acrylic cube.

cricutalltime said...

cute trees and blocks.will try useing mod podge.

Tracy said...

What great projects!! I love the countdown!! Thanks for sharing!

Tracy
tleuwen@rochester.rr.com

GreenScrapinMachine said...

I love the calendar. What a great idea! TFS

Heather
greenscrapinmachine.blogspot.com

Marlene said...

What a cute idea! This would be a great surprise for my triplet nephews to help them learn numbers AND drive their mom nuts while they countdown. TFS.

Raul said...

I like the countdown blocks. Great idea! Card is pretty too! Thank you for sharing!
nitza
raul.nitza (at)gmail (dot) com

Heather said...

Great projects! I love the countdown! What a great idea!
ra6352 (at) gmail (dot) com

Brenda said...

Love your projects. The countdown blocks are my favorite. I am a new friend

Burffrau @ aol dot com

aud1inok said...

LOVE the count down calendar!

ScrappingStephanie said...

What cute projects. I LOVE LOVE the count down calendar what an awesome idea....I am going to have to make one.

Stephanie

Cathie w said...

love the countdown blocks...so cute


cathie
scraphappycat@gmail.com

Lesley from WI said...

Wonderful projects. I love the countdown blocks and the trees on your card are so pretty!

Laura said...

Like the countdown calendar. Thanks for the chance to win.

cherpielc@sbcglobal.net

tytynniyasmom said...

I love the countdown blocks. Thanks for sharing.

jennyplace2 said...

Very nice project! Love the trees on the care. TFS
jennyplace26@gmail.com

Deanna said...

Love the tree card, it is beautiful. Your countdown calendar is a great gift idea.

So I say...Living Life to the Fullest said...

I like the Christmas countdown. My mom has been trying to come up with a creative way to make one this year with my brother.

- Kathleen
so.i.say.living.life.to.the.fullest@gmail.com

HappyMom2010 said...

Your Christmas Countdown will look great on my desk ;0)

Thanks for sharing!

Gina Lindsey
agsainz at gmail dot com

Paula said...

I am going to have to make this calendar. My kids will LOVE it and it is super cute. Thanks for sharing your talent.

paulacraiglow@yahoo.com

Minta's Creations said...

Love your projects..
Minta
http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/
mintab@gmail.com

girlia said...

Your projects are really nice especially the countdown blocks. Love those.

ɕαϐʏ cяuz said...

Hey hey hey! really nice card girly! and i want a countdown like these!!! (is there the surprise?)Thanks for show us girl! And for the chance to win a surprise (i adore it)!
Gaby Cruz
http://scrapandlife.blogspot.com
gmcm611@hotmail.com

Lisa J said...

Celeste,
I would be interested in hearing about the Three Trees story!
The countdown calendar is AWESOME!! Where's mine?? :)
I know, its on my mantel after I make it right? he he

TFS!

tjsgal at gmail dot com

Cassandra said...

I love that the countdown calender can also be used as a regular calender. Pretty cool. Thanks for sharing

missyb22 at hotmail dot com

Liset said...

Already a friend! Love the card and the idea behind it. The countdown is super cute!
TFS,
Liset
hailemnat@gmail.com

disneynut4life said...

Love your projects:) Thank you for sharing. disneynut4life22@yahoo.com

Denise said...

Wow, your countdown calendar is amazing!!! And I love the trees in your card. This blog hop rocks. I don't have any of the carts you gals are using, so it's great to be able to see what you can do with them and make my Christmas list ;)

craftaholic said...

Love Both the Projects!! TFS!!!
ilovetonkinese2athotmaildotcom
http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
Rexann

Tabitha said...

Your card is so pretty. Love the simplicity of it. I really like your calendar blocks. Very cute idea. I keep telling hubby to pick up scraps of wood from the trash bins at work LOL. No luck yet. New follower, thanks for sharing. Hopping along....
tabitha4cm at yahoo dot com

~ Kendra ~ said...

Love the trees! The calendar block are awesome! Great job!

Kendra
j_k_sand at yahoo dot com

Julie said...

That's great that you can use the calendar all year long! Very smart! I just made a christmas countdown calendar this past week. You'll have to check it out.

http://everybodylovesaparty.blogspot.com/

Julie
juliemccrary@hotmail.com

Jamie said...

great card... and love the countdown blocks! wonderful job! thansk for sharing.
-jamie
babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

stefeni said...

Great projects! I love the little countdown blocks!

spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

DEBBIE ORR said...

Really cute projects

Joanna said...

Very unique projects! Thanks for sharing.

scrappy me jv @ gmail dot com

Simply AJ said...

Your blocks are such a great idea. I like the fact that they don't take up too much room and could be displayed easily. Using them with the kids is superb way to help learn numbers. Thank you so much for sharing! Happy Holidays!!
Aj - aj_822@yahoo.com

Cricut Chick said...

These projects are great...I love the block calendar:)

Cricut Chick
www.cricutchick.com
cricutchick@rocketmail.com

Perfectly Unperfect Cards said...

Thanks for the chance to win and for sharing your projects

PinkBlingCrafter said...

OMG!! Celeste I love the calendar!!! I have to make one of those now !!!!!! and girl that card I LOVE too!! So much fun doing the hop with you my friend. Love your blog and work!!
Hugs,
Norma

KARLA UREA said...

Very cute project and thanks for sharing with us love
Karla Urea
kureab@hotmail.com

pattyk said...

great project thanks millierose651@aol.com

HappyPlaceJen said...

The card is nice! Very clean and simple. And I love that the countdown calendar is versatile for other holidays and events! Thanks for sharing!

Renee said...

beautiful projects!!!

juelt said...

too cute - so fun blog hopping - gotta scurry on to thenext stop

priscilla said...

great card ...love the calendar idea !!!
thanks for the chance to win !
priscillas2000@aol.com

Elaine said...

I really like the Christmas countdown/calendar. I like the simpleness of the tree card.
Thank you for sharing and for the chance to win.


Elainer@cinci.rr.com
ExpressionsByElaine.blogspot.com

Emily said...

Cute! Your little calendar is a great idea :)

Emily (coolcricutcreations at yahoo dot com)

Celestine1686 said...

hello lovely project you have here, Laura

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

This Calendar set is WONDERFUL!!! I just LOVE it, beautiful job!!! TFS! :-)

-Sam :-)

SamanthaJDesigns @ hotmail.com
SamanthaJDesigns.blogspot.com

Alex said...

super cute and LOVE the number blocks, will have t try that one :)


the condes at gmail dot com

joni said...

Love your projects!!! Those trees are so cool...they remind me of the introduction to one of the Christmas shows...don't know which one...maybe Frosty! Anyway, great stuff! TFS!
Hugs,
Joni
Arcocha@yahoo.com

The Purple Scrapbooker said...

I Love both projects! You never stop amazing me!! You are just so darn talented!! Great work!

Kards by Kathi said...

What great ideas you have and I will for sure use some of them. Thanks for your time and talent.

Nikki T said...

The card is cute. The calendar is such a great project idea.
Nikki
glamoroussideofscrapping@gmail.com
www.theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com

Lucy said...

I love the idea of the versatility of the countdown. great job and thanks for sharing.

Cheryl Gaffney said...

Both the card and the countdown calender are wonderful... as usual! :)

Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us... today and always!

Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

Dawn said...

my boys would love this. Put on there dresser and they could change the calendar. TFS

matilda425 at gmail dot com

Nicole said...

Great countdown calendar! I need to get moving and make one of them for my boys.

Lillian Child said...

I have been looking for a block calendar idea - LOVE yours!! Thanks so much for sharing with us!!

Kadrisc said...

Great Projects, Thanks fpr sharing, Karen
karens-kakes-krafts.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

I have been wanting to make one of those calendars. They are wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing

Ashley
ScrappinAsh at gmail dot com

SpantastiKreations said...

I love this...it's so versatile.

TFS,
Erin
spantastikreations@yahoo.com

Carol E. said...

Great projects and thanks for sharing them.
cjtj1999 at hotmail dot com

kathlee said...

What a CLEVER idea! Love it. Happy Holidays to you and yours!
kathlee154@gmail.com
http://kathleessnippitsncricuts.blogspot.com

My Lil' Bits said...

Hey I just love the card and the countdown calendar!! You did an awesome job as usual!

sbmama said...

Love your style. This blog hop is inspiring. Think I'll be making me some countdown blocks.
Merry Christmas!
vamtnmama@yahoo.com

VeronicaA said...

Your projects are so cute. Love that your countdown calendar is serving several purposes. Thanks for sharing and the opportunity to win.
Veronica
vballen@comcast.net

Sarah C said...

such great projects!! Thanks for the inspiration!!
Sarah
clemsonsbw@yahoo.com
http://sarahscraftcreations.blogspot.com/

nikkicreates said...

Nice work

tfs

nikkicreates at gmail dot com

Susan said...

Thank you for being so sweet I love all your projects and the fact you called us friends and not followrs even though I love to follow everyone! Thanks for you surprise giveaway too!

sloopysue2658@gmail.com

primpedinpaper said...

Hi Celeste!
The tree card is so pretty and peaceful. Your countdown calendar is really cute! I love that it has two functions. Very creative. Great job on these projects my friend :)! Thanks for the chance to win. -Nicole primpedinpaper@gmail.com

Cristi said...

Your card is so cute!! Wow do I LOVE the calandar, how creative! I really want to make this adorable calandar now :)
Big HUGS
Cristi
http://scrappin5littlecupcakes.blogspot.com/

Debican said...

Love your projects. Yep sometimes its hard to do just one.
Hugs, Debi

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

Your trees are awesome! They look very realistic :) Great idea with the countdown calendar!

cporter519 at yahoo dot com

Amy said...

Love the simplicity of your three trees. Now you've peeked my interest in the story as I am not familiar with it...thank goodness for Google!

sensationallychicboutique(at)gmail(dot)com

Janice said...

Very cute card and the calendar is great.

janice.strange@windstream.net

The Scrapbooking Queen said...

Love your project they all came out adorable...
The Scrapbooking Queen
thescrapbookingqueen1@gmail.com

Peggy said...

Such a lovely project. Thank you for the opportunity to win.

Peggy T.
timmermanp@bellsouth.net

Cindylu2u said...

Your projects are fabulous, so happy you shared them both!! Would love to do one of those calendars, awesome!!

Becky said...

I love the tree card, looks so elegant and the countdown calendar is such a great idea! TFS!!

becky.mayhewlear@gmail.com

Court said...

I LOVE that calendar!!! So happy to be hoppin' with you!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Those are great trees, and I LOVE your blocks! They are such a fun idea! I am so happy I was able to be part of this great hop today!

Carolyn said...

Love the trees. I have the same cartridge. tfs
cruella63703@yahoo.com

A Scrap Above said...

I love your card,very "calming"...Your Calendar blocks are too cute!
OH, CONGRATS on getting a part on Kassidy's DT.. Talented ladies over there!
I am already a follower of your blog
TFS and a chance to win
Bonnie C
http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
ascrapabove at aol dot com

Pink Lady's Paradise said...

Love the sentiment behind the 3 trees and loved your blocks, especially the idea of adding the long one on bottom with the month/countdown.
Thanks for sharing,
Cindy :)

Darlene said...

Great projects. I just love tree cards, so elegant! TFS

Darlene
desaucier at bellsouth dot net

Debra said...

Stunning projects! TFS, Thanks for the hop and thanks for letting me play.

xdebrax@yahoo.com

Carrie's Corner said...

Great projects and great hop!
cau0617 at yahoo dot com

Haidee said...

TFS

Great trees and the blocks are FANTASTIC!!

Love surprises!!

New here & now following!!

created2bunique at ymail dot com

Ive_Boricua_Girl said...

Celeste both of your projects are super cute... but the calendar is waoooo... love it, great idea.

Sorry Im visiting so late.. my day was very busy with family.. but Im here... LOL

Ivette

4kids4 said...

LOVE your countdown calendar...my kids would love it too! TFS!

~Sharon C.
sconn0925 at yahoo dot com

swtdrm3 said...

I really liked the christmas count down it is something I could use annually in my classroom
Perderg@q.com

Denise said...

love those count down blocks. I like that they can be used anytime of the year.

Angela said...

I love the calendar. I am sure your kids love it. My girls would too.

Angela
Simple Creations
simplecreations @ live.com

Traci said...

I love the Blocks I definatley want to try this one. Thank you for the insperation & Happy Holidays.

Traci Lord
3team3lord3@comcast.net

Victoria said...

Love your Christmas countdown. I'll have to make it for my kids.
Jnvwhitaker1 at cox dot net

Anna said...

Great trees...Love how they turned out. And the countdown is just way too cute. I can understand why the kids would love it. :)
Thanks for the chance to win.
annadowdy at gmail dot com

Sandra 365 Days Of Cricut said...

Awesome projects! I love the blocks countdown calendar great idea! Thanks for the inspiration!

Peggy said...

Lovely projects. I am very curious about "The Three Trees" so I will have to google it before I can sleep tonight. {Hugs} Peggy
Stampnmore at aol dot com

Suzy said...

What a great idea; I love the calendar. Thanks for sharing and the chance to win :)
~Suzy SuzyQ28024@gmail.com

Linda said...

Love your projects!

Kellee said...

I love the projects.. I was at meijers last night and almost bought some xmas blocks.. Glad I didn't... Thanks for the greaat idea

kelgentry66@gmail.com

Jen said...

I love your project and your card! You did a great job. TFS
hugs,jen
jennyscards.blogspot.com

Jean said...

Great projects. I love the countdown blocks.

Denise-Scrapmouse said...

Thanks for sharing your ideas. Love the countdown calendar! What a great idea. Where did you get the blocks? This would make a nice gift for people.

coupondenise at live dot com

Kelly Rae said...

Love the Christmas trees card, truly cute! I became a follower because your tags (the next older post) are so cute as well. You have great projects and ideas and I can't wait to see what's next! Kelly S.

- - Sheryl - - said...

love the countdown - I am actually making one out of cardstock as I can't find a real set (I heard they were at the dollar stores but I can't find them)
Love how yours is double duty - both countdown and a perpetual calendar

luv2scrap44 at yahoo dot com

Evelyn said...

Great idea with the countdown blocks. Cute card. Thanks for sharing.
evl14512 at gmail.com

Honey B said...

Celeste, What a great inspiration. To make a card themed out from a story book. That is awesome. I love the Block Calendar too. What a great way to get the lil ones pumped up for upcoming special days...like Bdays, Christmas....too cute...I'mm afraid im gonna have to scraplift this one from ya!LOL
It was soo much fun hoppin along with you and the rest of the talented ladies...

Sweet Scrappy Hugs,
Blanca

Dee Troche said...

I love LOVE your cards for the blog hop. WHen I signed on yesterday morning you had not posted yet and then I had to work, so I wasn't able to come back until today. Beautiful work. I love how you inked the trees. Brilliant!

Dorcas Troche
deecanta@bellsouth.net or dtroche@Bellsouth.net

sherri_braun said...

These trees are beautiful! Love all your projects.

sherri_braun@hotmail.com

maryanns said...

I am a first-time visitor to your blog--and I love it! I am not familiar with the Three Trees story, but I will have to check it out. Thanks for the opportunity to win the surprise candy!
vsturm@ec.rr.com

Denine said...

Adorable.. I was just getting ready to make one of these countdown calanders and wondered if I could also use it for a regular calander.. Thank you so much for sharing... love it!!!

Aimee said...

So cute! I've been a follower :)

Charlotte said...

Thanks for the inspiration. I have a US mailing address and will take care of Canada Customs myself. Thanks again.

Anniebee said...

Great projects but the countdown blocks are my favorite! Thanks for a chance to win goodies!

Anne (lucyblueeyz at yahoo dot com
Trinkets-n-Treasures,Artfire.com

Raven B said...

Celeste those are both great projects. I especially LOVE the block set I may have to scraplift that.
Hugs,
Raven

Trisha said...

Love your trees and countdown calendar. TFS and chance to win. patnbobcuddy@gmail.com

Kel said...

tote aweseome projects!! I'm luvin those trees..I don't think I know story.. but I am about to find out about it.. lol tfs!

TR said...

I really like this Tree cut.
I used it on one of my cards recently.
Have you tried putting the snow option
with it? Cute.


hugs, TR

Jennifer said...

Celeste,

I love your projects!!! :) Your card is beautiful and I love how the Christmas count down can be used all year long! What kind of wood or blocks did you use for the months (where did you find them?)?

Thanks so much for sharing and for the chance to win,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

2Bis2DO said...

i love your countdown calendar. What a great idea.
olsond_d at digis dot net

Melissa said...

LOVE the countdown boxes and that you have designed it to be used for other occassions! Brilliant!

I'm already a follower and I love your blog!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

My Scrap Diary said...

The inking on the trees look great. And so does the flock. I must get better flock because my white flock looks horrendous.
And that easel type tag in the previous post looks cool.
Thanks
Jess M
myscrapdiary(at)gmail(dot)com

Sandy said...

WOW! I loooove the countdown numbers!!!! I need to make these!

Coffee said...

Love how you turn this cute craft into a teachable moment, TFS.

Scrappin' Sista said...

Too cute! Love it girlie. TFS and the chance to win.

Christel
onescrappinsista.blogspot.com
christel(at)majesticdesigns(dot)net

Sandy said...

The calendar is fabulous - and I LOVE the trees... you did a great job!