Thursday, December 2, 2010

Did You Hear?!

**Click here or here for my posts for the Christmas blog hop**

EEEEK! I can't believe it!!!!  I'm sure many of you know Kassidy with Inking it Up Crazy (if not you should go check out her work)!!  Well, a few days ago she announced her Winter Design Team . . . AND I MADE IT!!!!!  I couldn't believe it - I still can't believe it!  I'm so honored to be a part of this amazing team!!  Here is my first creation as a member of her design team. 












The project is themed around Snowflakes.  I've seen these around before, but I can't remember exactly where I saw this type of card.  This card was so much fun to make!  The picture on the left is what it looks like before you pull the ribbon, the one on the right is what it looks like when you pull it to open (times like this make me wish I had a video recorder - Hubby - are you reading this?) :)  HAHA!  Ok, so on to the directions.

You start with two pieces of cardstock at 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.  To cut the partial window you put the paper at 3 1/2 and cut between 3/4 to 4 3/4.  Flip the paper over and repeat the cut.  After that cut in between the two lines (making the partial window).


 On the flap score at 1 1/4, 3 and 4 3/4 all from the bottom and only between the cut lines.  Here's what the backside looks like with the score marks.
Fold so that it creates a mountain.

Next, cut a tag out.  The dimensions for the tag are 3 x 4 1/4.  Line up the bottom of the flap to the bottom of the tag.  Only glue the bottom part of the flap, otherwise you won't be able to move the tag.  The tag is a little bit wider than the flap - that's fine!  You can see the red edges of the tag in the picture below.
The next thing you'll do is to use your ATG gun to tape the front of the card to the back of the card.  Just make sure that you don't glue too close to the tag.  After that decorate however you would like.  I just added a snowflake onto a blue piece of paper and used my ATG to tape it to the flap.  Only tape part of it, remember it will fold up.


I also stamped 'Tis the Season' on the tag part using a stamp from Pink by Design Simply Everything stamp!!  I love these stamps!!  They are AMAZING!!  They pick up the ink so well!  I'm so impressed!!!

Thank you so much for stopping by!  Make sure you check out the rest of the DT creations!!
Jessie @ Scrappy Jess
Erika @ Cricut Love

If you have any questions just leave a comment and I'll replay ASAP!!  Thanks again for visiting! :)

19 Wonderful Comment(s):

Carol said...

Awesome job and congratulations! I follow Inking It Up and love her blog!

Can't wait to see more of your creations for Inking It Up~

Again Congratulations!

Jean said...

Congrats!! Love your project too!!

girlia said...

Congratulations on Making the design team your project is great

Lesley from WI said...

Great tutorial and Congrats!

Amanda Villarreal said...

This is so cool! I love cards that do things other than open one way lol. So pretty!

Jamie said...

LOVE this card! I don't think I have seen a card like this. It's really pretty and really neat! So glad we are on the same DT.

Coachfans said...

Congratulations! I just finally applied for one...not sure if I will make it, but it is worth trying! Wish me luck! : )

Georgiana

ScrappyJess said...

Love your project! I love PBD stamps!

scrapperbecka said...

Awesome project and congrats on the DT, I am so excited too!

Celeste said...

Awesome project and way to go on getting on the design team... you are such a talented lady... you so deserve it.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Congrats on making the DT! Great project!

My Lil' Bits said...

This is a really awesome card, this is the first time I've seen one like this too. Thanks for sharing!

AmyJRockstar said...

Celeste,
I am so stoked for you, girl! I would LOVE to be on a DT some day! Congrats and I can't wait to see all your new projects! Yay!
XO ~ Amy Jo

AmyJRockstar said...

I so want to try making this! I hope I have time before the holidays and if I get one made I'll shoot you a note!
XO!

Erika Valdez said...

OMG I love this i wish you had a video tutorial, come on hubby lol!! I would love to make one of these I am gonna have to give it a try! TFS!

Erika

Denise said...

Good for you!

Perfectly Unperfect Cards said...

Awesome card, thanks for sharing.

Julia Moss said...

Congrats on making the DT....I can believe it...your work is amazing.

Lisa J said...

Wow lady I didn't know you made the team!?!? Congratulations!!!!!!! Some day I wanna be just like you! :D