Saturday, January 29, 2011

Bitten by the Love Bug Blog Hop


Welcome to the Bitten by the Love Bug blog hop!!!!!  I'm so glad you made it!!!  If you came here after visiting Erika at Cricut Love that means you're in the right place. :)  If you came here first make sure you start at the beginning with Kassidy at Inking It Up Crazy (you can click here to start at the beginning).

For my project I wanted to make something for my little girl to use for Valentines Day at school.  This was inspired by Cheryl at Cards by CG.  She made these cute Halloween scratch tickets (click here for the directions); I bookmarked the page because I KNEW I was going to use the idea (thanks again Cheryl)!!! :)  So, here is my take on the scratch tickets. :)  ** You can click on any of the pictures to see them closer.**

I had these business cards (from Avery) that I got for practically nothing.  I used Microsoft Word to create the cards using one of my pictures and a little bit of tweaking. :)

The next step is to put some tape over the cards.  This is so that you can put the scratch paint on the heart. :)

Next you mix acrylic paint and dish soap in even parts.  You don't need much.  Paint the heart with the mixture.  **I'm really sorry there is no picture of this, but it was pretty simple.**  You will want to let the paint on the cards dry overnight.

I thought they turned out super cute. :)

I know, you're curious what the blog candy is.  I thought about how I could let everyone win something (without breaking the bank).  So I decided that everyone can be a winner.  Just leave a comment with your e-mail address and I will e-mail you a PDF copy of the cards; this way you can make some cards for yourself.  Nothing else!  Just make sure you put your address as 'address at service dot com' to help make sure spammers can't easily pick up your e-mail address. :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!!!!!!!  Your next step is Kacee at You Had Me At Scrap.  You will love what she has in store for you!!!!! :)

If you get lost along the way, here's the line-up:


Kassidy @ Inking It Up Crazy
Jessie @ Scrappy Jess
Erika @ Cricut Love
Celeste @ CC's Cards

86 Wonderful Comment(s):

Charlotte said...

Super cute idea! Children will love this!!!

mum of two said...

Oh Celeste! this is a brilliant idea. My kids would love these :) I am so excited to be in this hop with you :) TFS

michelle (mapottie (at) yahoo (dot) ca
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

sunnyaz37 said...

OMG!! This is such a wonderful idea!! Children love suspense!! I definately will be attempting these!! TFS!! (yost531@msn.com)

Debc06 said...

Love this idea. TFS and thanks for the candy.
Debbie
http://craftywizard.blogspot.com
debbie_craine at hotmail dot com

LesleyfromWI said...

What a great idea and the kids will go nuts over these. Thank you
lfuchs1 at wi. rr. com

Pamela Pattison Lash said...

This is a very clever idea - TFS!
Everyone likes to be a winner and this is a great idea for blog candy!
Mama LoveBug from LoveBug Creations
pam_lash at yahoo dot com

Meagan said...

This is so fun! What a great idea to 'gift' everyone!!! Thanks for sharing.

beyondpaperdesigns at gmail dot com

sweetestjess85 said...

This is a great idea. I would have never thought I could do something like this at home. Thanks for passing the idea along!!
m82850207@gmail dotcom

brittmartin0910 said...

Super cute idea. Never thought to make scratch off tickets. Thank you for sharing.


brittmartin1288@yahoo.com

scrappinmomma said...

Great idea. I love it. tfs

iko dot linda at yahoo dot com


http://ikolinda-scrappinmomma.blogspot.com

country grammie said...

thanks for the great idea!

dfhenson at q dot com

Jamie said...

Wow!!!!! How awesome is this.

girlia said...

You did a great job with these.

Vicki said...

Love this. Will be trying this for my grandkids. Thanks for sharing.

vwilson577 at yahoo.com

Cheryl Gaffney said...

Hi Celeste!! :)

Thanks for sharing... and thanks for sharing my link! :) I really love that you were so inspired by my scratch tickets... and now even more people are inspired by you.

Thanks again,
Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

Trisha said...

What a cute idea. I can make some of them for my grandchildren to give to their friends. Thanks for sharing. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

Becks Cricards said...

These are simply adorable! What a great idea! TFS! What a wonderful thing to make for my sons school! Thank you!

becky.mayhewlear AT gmail DOT com

Scrappy Heartz said...

Awesome idea!! I bookmarked it also!! Can't wait to make some!!

Thanks for sharing!!

HeartAMZ1@aol.com
Debbie Chapman

Bevy48 said...

Super cute idea, TFS!! blanphear @ yahoo dot com

Elisha said...

I love this idea!! TFS!!

elishacarter at msn dot com

Brenna said...

that is a great idea! Love the project!
brenna
rbanderson at live dot ca

Chrisd said...

Great idea!
cndomino AT yahoo DOT com

silvia said...

OMG!!! AWESOME idea!! I can't wait to make some!! TFS!! :)

sillyscrap at aol dot com

SherriC. said...

this is soooo cute, what a great idea, I will definatly have to try this....TFS!!!!!

Dawn, RI said...

What a super cute idea...Thanks for sharing.. Dawn RI
abosoffitathotmaildotcom

craftaholic said...

I love you super sweet Idea and thanks for the prize in advance!! I am a follower of your blog and love your Blog!!! TFS!!!

http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
Rexann

Sandee McIntyre said...

Love this idea!! Thanks for sharing!

www.sandeescreativeplace.blogspot.com
sandee.mcintyre@gmail.com

Lovebug Creations said...

How neat is that? I never knew it was so easy to make scratch tickets! LOVE IT!! TFS!

kimi
kmbrlysue22 at yahoo dot com

SpantastiKreations said...

I never would have thought to use business cards. What a great way to get alot done quick.

TFS,
Erin
spantastikreations@yahoo.com
http://www.spantastikreations.blogspot.com/

joynwoe said...

I love scratch cards! now i get to make my very own~ ^^ Thanks for the great idea!

Jie Ying
jieying @ hotmail.com
http://uniquely-craft.tumblr.com

My Lil' Bits said...

Great idea, the little kiddo's will love it. Thanks for sharing.

scrapperbecka said...

Love it, great idea! They turned out so cute

MeMe said...

What wonderful blog candy. Thanks
Pat
plweir1969@yahoo.com

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

tanks for the tut!

GreenScrap said...

That is so coo!! I need to try it!! TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Maureen Reiss said...

This is awesome!! Great idea!
reissfam10 at aol dot com

Minta's Creations said...

Super idea..
Minta
mintab@gmail.com
http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

Scrappy Jackie said...

what a great idea... scratch off valentines... Thanks for sharing. pjritsema at gmail dot com

Anne said...

This is such a cute idea and who doesn't love scratch offs, right? Thanks for sharing your talent and inspiration with us today and for sharing your design, too!

Anne
lucyblueeyz at yahoo dot com
Trinkets-n-Treasures.Artfire.com

Kassidy said...

Celeste!
You freaking Rock! I love your projects:) Thanks so munch For helping with the blog hop:) You're the best.
Love- Kassidy

A Scrap Above said...

Too cute, I will go check that link to Cheryl out now!
I am already a follower of your blog
TFS and a chance to win
Bonnie C
http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
ascrapabove(at)aol(dot)com

Scrappin' Sista said...

Great cards. I love the idea. So creative. TFS and the chance to win.

Christel (Scrappin' Sista)
http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com
askscrappinsista (at) hotmail (dot) com

Kim VanSheppy said...

These are super cute, great job. I was so looking forward to making valentine's day cards for my kids' classrooms but my mother bought them little pre-packaged cards :( oh well I guess I can focus on the teachers :)
kimsheppard 6 at hotmail dot com

dobie mom of 3 said...

What an awesome idea! TFS.

Brandy
dobiemom09 at gmail dot com

McVic said...

What a great idea Celeste! I would love the PDF!! TFS!
kacee
mcvicwif at yahoo dot com

tinakatz1 said...

Oh my goodness what a clever idea!! Thanks for sharing!

Peg said...

This is awesome! TFS!
pegbaum at gmail dot com

Tanya said...

Such a great idea!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Hugs, Tanya
freddylswillima@windstream.net

Theresa said...

What a super cute idea..I never would have thought it would be so easy. Thanks so much for sharing!!!
firelass51@aol.com

Janis said...

What a brilliant idea! And I would LOVE the email with the cards. So generous of you! Thanks! :) Janis northrose at slowar dot com

Shannon said...

Awesome idea! Thank you for sharing!!
slbradle at aol dot com

Imogene said...

wow,,great ideal...am a new follower!!
imogenelynn@wmconnect.com
sweetlilcricut.blogspot.com

Wendy said...

Super, super cute idea!

FMonty said...

SUPER CUTE!!!
fmadera75atgmaildotcom

Anna said...

Wonderful idea!!! Great project. Thanks for sharing.
annadowdy at gmail dot com

Teri A said...

I just love this I never saw this type of idea with the paint
Thank you so much,
Teri
teri.barefootatgmaildotcom

Kim said...

What a cool idea! I never even gave it any thought that you could make your own scratch off!! Thanks so much:)
I'm a follower:)
~Kim
http://crazyaboutscrapin.blogspot.com
kfordyce6638 at gmail dot com

Linda said...

That is sooo cute!! Thanks for sharing!! :)

linda(at)fancyframework(dot)com
www.fancyframework.com

CREATIONS BY MOMMY said...

very cute idea!! will try this out for my daughters class.. Thanks

Simply AJ said...

That is a super cool idea. I never knew about the scratch paint... awesome! Thanks so much for sharing.AJ
queenofmynest(at)gmail(dot)com
https://queenofmynest(dot)blogspot(dot)

Becky Dunham said...

This is darling Celeste! I wish my kids were still little enough to make these for their friends, but I will happily accept a PDF anyway - I am sure I will use it :)

rdunham at q dot com

stefeni said...

What a cute idea! So clever.

spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

Kim said...

Such a creative idea. TFS

BUZZY BEE DESIGNS & GRAPHICS said...

Cute idea I will have to try it
http://buzzybeedesigns.blogspot.com
Rebecca Minor
buzzybeedesigns(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

liz at liz's paper loft said...

wow! those are so cute and creative!
liz :o)

Celeste said...

these are wonderful.

Carol said...

Celeste ~ brilliant idea! I love the project, I have never seen it before. Fabulous job! TFS

Carol
clworkman4 at gmail dot com

Nicolle said...

what a super cute and clever idea!! thanx for the inspiration..:)

nicolleatnicollelovesscrapbookingdotcom

Michelle said...

What an ingenious idea I love it!!!

Thanks for sharing.

mpetrovich23 at yahoo dot com

Angela R said...

What an adorable idea! Thank you so much for sharing! I am excited!
Email: arebori0204 at gmail dot com

miislucky said...

These are a super cute idea! TFS

BunnyFreak said...

Great idea.
googleusername at yahoo dot com

The Purple Scrapbooker said...

Great idea.... as always! I can't wait to try this for Tommy's school valentines!

www.purplescrapbooker.com
www.purplescrapbooker at gmail dot com

Denise said...

What a cool idea for Valentine's Day! Love it :)

PinkBlingCrafter said...

Wow girl!! what a great idea! Love it. TFS
Hugs,
Norma

karensk said...

Great idea. so glad your going to send out.Thanks for sharing,
karen k 3 at ameritech dot net

Karen said...

Thanks so much...I would love to have this file. I think I will make some for my grand daugher. karen_schluter at hotmail dot com

GailPellegrin said...

Thanks, great idea.

gailpellegrin@att.net

VinDeeLoo said...

How CUTE!!!!! This is something that I will most definitely put in my "Use in classroom" file. Hopefully I will get a teaching job next year.

VinDeeLoo
vndlewis at rocketmail dot com

AmyJRockstar said...

Hello my sweet friend! Love this idea and can't wait to make some! You are making some really awesome stuff lately! Love the FIF card you did. I've used that doggie before. Isn't it just the cutest? Hope all is well and I still have a lil something to send ya. Just been sick with a cold. :(
Hugs,
Amy Jo
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com

Lynlee said...

Too dang cute!! Thank you!
lynlee4 @gmail.com

Ryansmaama said...

Super cute project. Love knowing how to make the scratch off paint.--Ryansmaama
gkburrow at cmaaccess dot com

Rhonda Emery said...

tfs this wonderful idea. they are super cute. great job as always. hugs.

sdelong1228 said...

So cute! Thanks for the great idea!
sandradelong@ymail.com

Marianne said...

So very creative! Thank you!
nanners 74 at gmail dot com

Tanya said...

This is a fabulous idea! How cool that they are scratch offs, very fun for the kids!

Tanya
phenis2031 at yahoo dot com