Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Guest Designer and the Winner

WOW!!!  I am so completely honored to be able to be a guest designer over at More Than Favors.  I absolutely love Paula's work; she is so amazing!!!  So . . . here's my guest post. :)

This is a simple A2 gift card holder.


The cake is from the Smiley Cards Gypsy download (so much fun).  I hid the face (using my Gypsy) and used a super cute PK Princess face.  I used Stickles on the flames. :)  I used a MS punch for the borders.  The stamp is Pink by Design Simply Everything.

The gift card holder on the inside was actually very simple.  Here are the steps:

Take a 3 1/2 x 11 inch piece of paper and score it at 4 inches from each end and fold (you will want to use a bone folder).  The paper can be taller than 3 1/2, but has to be at least 3 1/2.
 

Take the 2 mountain folds and put them together making the letter 'M', or 'W' (depending on how you look at it).  This will give you the tab that sticks out. (Pay no attention to my fingernail polish - I need to take it off)
 

Cut a line on the middle fold starting at 1/2 inch from the top to 1/2 inch above the bottom.  It's easy if you mark it with a pencil.

Glue down each part of the tab at the very edge of the inside of the card.  It will be a little short (doesn't go all the way to the middle), but that's what will help it stand up.

 I thought it was simple yet different. :)  I'd love to know what you think! :)

Now, for what some of you may be waiting for . . . the winner of the 'A Few of My Favorite Things' blog hop!  I hope you had fun!  It looks like the winner chosen by random.org is . . . .


Love all the wonderful touches. You have given me a wonderful new technique with the glossy accents on the glitter. Why didn't I think of that! I'm so using that real soon. TFS and the chance to win!

Congrats Christel; I'll be sending you an e-mail!!!  Let me just give a big thanks first to all of my new and returning friends!!!!  I'm so happy you came by!!  Also, a BIG thanks to Kassidy @ Inking It Up Crazy for hosting the hop; it was so much fun!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!!!!  It means a lot to me!!! :)

32 Wonderful Comment(s):

Celeste said...

This card is absolutely adorable... i love it.

Melissa said...

What a fabulous idea for a gift card holder!

Congrats to Christel!!!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

Debbi said...

Congrats to you on GD!! Thanks too for your sweet comments on my blog. And yay for Christel!
*smiles*
debbi

Glenda said...

How cute! Thanks for sharing the directions! Congrats on being guest designer!
Glenda
http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

Toni said...

What a great gift card holder. I'll have to try this method. TFS!

Scrappin' Sista said...

Thanks so much Celeste! I've emailed you.

Tabitha said...

Very cute card. Thanks for the how to.

Rhonda Emery said...

tfs this great and cute projects. congrats on the guest designer.
so happy for you. hugs

Michelle said...

Celeste,
Great project and congrats to you Christel.

PinkBlingCrafter said...

Hey girl, OMG! this card is so darn CUTE and congrats on being a guest designer for Paula!!!! I love the gift card idea very cool and great tutorial and for sure will have to give it a try:) TFS
Hugs,
Norma

Tanya said...

LOVE your Gift card/card.. Soo bright and cheery!! Thanks for the tutorial too!! Can't wait to try it!!
I'd love for you to come visit my blog. www.scrappinkymomma.blogspot.com

Hugs,
Tanya

Alex said...

i love this gc holder, very creative and different than others I've seen :) great job :)

AmyJRockstar said...

Such a great card! I love everything about it. Ah, the talent! ;0)
XO ~ Amy Jo

Rene's Craft Corner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

Love the cake and that sweet face on it! Love how you did the gift card holder part. Will have to give that a try! :)

Rene's Craft Corner said...

Congrats for being a guest desinger. I love the idea of the card holder. If you get a chance come over to my blog and let me know what you think. I am just starting out. Thanks ~Rene

Lisa J said...

Love the cake on this card!!! PK faces are addictive lol.
Congrats Christel!

girlia said...

very nice on this card/gift card holder.

Libby Beach said...

This is so cute! You did a great job on it. Very cool :) Thank you so much for the detailed directions and pics! :)

Karelj said...

Great card and tutorial! You stopped by One By One The Flamingos Are Stealing My Sanity, and I promised a stop back with another way to win in my 500 Followers Celebration. Just go to my blog at http://karelj.blogspot.com and become a Networked Blog Follower. (If you are already one, leave me a comment saying so). That way, you'll be counted twice for an entry into my surprise give-away! Thanks for Following The Flamingos!

Claire Langan said...

Awesome card and tutorial.
Thanks for leaving sweet comment on my blog.
Hugs...

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is so cute, love the great colors and design!

Staying Crafty said...

This turned out wonderfully! Congrats on your guest spot :)

Rhonda Emery said...

just wanted to stop by see what you had new.and to say hi hugs

Linda said...

Oh I love this card. So sweet. I love how you did the flames.
Thanks for being a new follower and the sweet comment.
Hugs,
Linda

Kel said...

This is awesome.. What a fun fun birthday card.. I just love that Smiley cards cartridge too.. Every one of the images are just too cute!

The Purple Scrapbooker said...

Great card!! I love the gift card holder! I will have to try that!!

Runnergirl Creations said...

Great job! That's a fantastic card! Very interesting & unique design. Good job! I have awarded you the Stylish Blog Award! Congrats! You can pick it up on my blog.
http://runnergirlcreations.blogspot.com/

lena said...

Great job and love the card. I also like to invited you to my blog to enter a custom made apron give away. Enter @ lenascraftsblogspot.com

Runnergirl Creations said...

Hey, girl! I wasn't sure where to post this....so here it is. :)

I have selected you to receive the "My Blog Has Attitude Award"! You can pick it up & the rules to pass it along, on my blog http://runnergirlcreations.blogspot.com/. Congrats!!! :)

Cheryl Gaffney said...

I love the gift card holder.... and the pop up feature is awesome!!

TFS, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

Dee said...

I just love your project that you created. I am a new follower and will continue to follow your blog. TFS and have a great day.

Dee:)
designsfrommyheart@ymail.com
http://deesdesignsfrommyheart.blogspot.com