Monday, January 31, 2011

Inking It Up Crazy DT Post

WOW!!!  First I just want to let Kassidy know that it has been such a pleasure to be part of the Inking It Up Crazy DT!!!!  I have had such a fun time!!!  Kassidy thought it would be fun to do a altered item.  Well, this one has a really cute story.

My little girl just started Kindergarten this year and loves it!!!  She has been doing her 'homework' at the kitchen table *the homework is usually just a notebook to practice letters, or a workbook we got at WalMart*.  My husband and I told her that if she was old enough to keep her room clean, we would get her a desk.  Well, she kept her end of the bargain, so we kept ours.  We found a really nice desk at a second-hand store (D.I.) for only $15.  We did a little bit of work on it, but it now looks like new.  Well, the other day she asked if she could keep pencils and crayons in her room (we've had trouble with her writing on the walls) so we told her that we will give her a chance.  We don't live near any big stores, so I started thinking.  I've been under the weather (stupid head cold/cough thing!!!) so I've been eating a lot of soup.  So I decided that the soup cans would work perfectly!!!  So here's what I made for her. :)


Like I said I started out with a soup can.  Since it has an edge I used some extra material I had lying around to put over the edge.  There might be another way to do it, but I just used hot glue.



















I glued it around the top, then put some glue on the inside and pushed the rest of the material down. (I hope that makes sense)


















After that I just used Mod Podge to glue the paper to the can.  I used my Cricut to cut out the words and added those onto it using a little more Mod Podge.  Add a ribbon and it's done!

Very simple and yet so useful.  My little girl picked out the papers and ribbon which made it even more special for her.

Make sure you stop over at Inking It Up Crazy to see what the rest of the DT came up with!!  As always, thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!!!!  I love having my friends visit!!! :)  Thanks so much!! :)

11 Wonderful Comment(s):

melissa said...

i like how this came out thanks for sharing. thank you for visting my blog come back anytime!!!!

Kel said...

TOO cute!! That was a great idea.. recycling is always good! It came out fantastic, I'm sure she is happy :)

Jamie said...

This is a VERY cool idea. Cute!!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Fun idea!

PinkBlingCrafter said...

Wow!! great idea.. cans here I come. I will have to try this project with my son and nieces. Thanks for the idea.
Hugs,
Norma

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

cute project! thanks for the easy tutorial!

Celeste said...

OHHHH I love this

Mod Podge Amy said...

Cute idea - this is so fun!

JustYolie said...

Great idea, thanks for the pic tut.

Michele said...

This turned out so cute!

Besthobbyeva said...

So very clever! I love this! And your daughter did a great job picking out he paper and ribbon! I am going to give this a go!! Thanks!!!