Monday, January 10, 2011

Preserves Cartridge DT Post

Did anyone else have a short weekend?!  Mine felt like it!!!! :)  Today is my DT guest post over at Ink It Up Crazy!!!  Kassidy has asked the DT members to go through the older cartridges and create a project.  For mine, I'm using the Preserves cartridge.  I really like this cart; the layers are super simple, and it has so many unique card and label cuts.  I know that if I did a lot of canning (which I'm learning to do thanks to my in-law family) I would use it even more!  So - here's my creation!!!! :)
It is a very simple card!  Every single cut was made from the Preserves cartridge.  Although I used my Gypsy to space everything on my mat (I love using scraps); I didn't tamper (stretch, skew, or weld) any of the images.  Here are all of the pieces before it was assembled.
So super simple; here are the measurements:
card base: 5.25
polka dot base: 3.0
red label base: 1.25
cherry (and layers): 2.5

Now I did add some eyelets to the label (I didn't have the right color of brads) as well as some Glossy Accents to the cherries and non-brand Stickles to the cherry leaves.  Throw a few pop dots on the cherries and the label and . . . voila!!

I'm so happy you were able to stop by!!  Make sure you go over to Kassidy's blog (Inking It Up Crazy) to check out what cartridges the other DT members have and will be revisiting (I promise you won't be sorry)!!!!!  Make sure when you stop by over at Inking It Up Crazy you tell Kassidy 'hi'!!! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!!!!!!!! :)  Kassidy - thanks for having me!!

11 Wonderful Comment(s):

Sharon said...

This is just great! I love the cherries and that polka dot paper!!
:)

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

So cute! TFS! -Sam :-)

My Lil' Bits said...

Cute card, makes me long for summertime!!

Kassidy said...

YAY! Love it Celeste:) Awesome Job. Thanks for helping me out!

Jamie said...

LOVE it CC! A very cute card!!!!

Runnergirl Creations said...

Cute card! Thank you for sharing!Blessings!

Lisa J said...

Love the glossy accents on the cherries girl! And the glitter on the leaves makes them really POP!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Lisa J

JennyKozar said...

I have this cartridge and have NEVER used it! Your card is making me rethink that and get this cartridge out.

Thanks!

Rhonda Emery said...

so cute girlfriend love the way you made it. great job as always.
hugs

girlia said...

Really nice. Love the colors and the BG paper

Sandra 365 Days Of Cricut said...

That is too cute! i need to use that cart I love the cherries!