Friday, January 7, 2011

Flaunt It Fridays Blog Hop

Hi everyone!!!!!  I'm so glad you stopped by!  I hope you came by for the Flaunt It Fridays Hello Kitty Blog Hop.  I'm so excited! If you are here from visiting Jen @ Honeybean Creations than you are in the right spot; if you just happened to stop here first make sure you start from the beginning please go to the Flaunt It Friday's.  For this week's challenge we were asked to flaunt the Hello Kitty with Airplane on Page 65 from the Hello Kitty Greetings Cart.

Unfortunately I do not own the Hello Kitty Greetings cart (although according to my daughter it is one I 'have to ask Daddy to get' so that I can make projects for her).  For my first project I made a hair band holder for my daughters' hair things.  Her hair has a mind of it's own and so we're always running around trying to find her hair things at the last minute (usually right before the bus gets to our house for school).
The kitty is from Create a Critter and the 'airplane' is actually the rocket ship from Paper Doll Dress Up.  The ribbon at the top is so that my little girl can hang it on the wall or the door handle; and the ribbon at the bottom holds a open metal ring (you'll see in the picture below) that we purchased with some hair bands.  
 For the 'airplane' I cut the rocket ship out twice (once in a reddish color and once with the flowers).  I cut the shell top and the exhaust off of the red one and the shell top, exhaust, wing, and front off of the flower one so that they could layer.


I used a small box lid (my Mother-in-law had sitting around) for the sign.  I measured the box and added in the sides so that it covered the five sides (front and four edges).  I used Mod Podge to hold the paper to the box lid.  I made sure to cut the side so that I had flaps to glue down (made it look nicer).





I Mod Podged the kitty and 'airplane' to the front (leaving room for my daughters' name in the top right corner).  I hole punched two holes in the top and bottom, and put brads in for the ribbons to go through.









 Here's a picture of the back.  I left the bottom ribbon long because I can add any cute hair clips to it as well (if we ever find them again - or when we have to go buy more). :)
I did Mod Podge the whole front of it, I'm sure most people wouldn't have to but my little ones aren't exactly 'soft' to things I make.  They think because it's homemade it's indestructible. :)  At least they have faith in me. :)

For my second project we got to choose any cut from the Hello Kitty Greetings, again, since I don't own the cartridge I decided to use Create a Critter.  I saw that the Hello Kitty Greetings cart had a cut of just the face on page 29 (super cute), so I cut the cat from Create a Critter and cut off the rest of the body to make it look similar.

I cut the cat at 4.5 so that the face fit the card perfectly.  I used a MS border punch for the pink paper and a My Pink Stamper stamp for the Purr-fect.  Sorry about the glare on the bow, I used the Xyron technique (click here for my step-by-step directions) and the Gossy Accents really made it shine. :)

Remember - you must leave a comment on every one's blog to have a chance to win the Grand Prize Giveaway which is the Love Always stamp set sponsored by Pink By Design. The grand prize will be on Sandra's blog! You will have all weekend to complete the hop and we will draw the winner sometime on Monday or Tuesday.

I'm so glad you stopped by for my first Flaunt it Fridays Blog Hop!!  I can't wait to see how you 'Flaunt' your Hello Kitty project this week at Flaunt it Fridays.  Your next stop is Carley over at The Real iCarley.  You will LOVE her project (she's so amazing)!!!!!!! 

If you get lost along the way, here's the lineup of the AMAZING carfters that you will visit (you really don't want to miss any of them)!!!!
JEN 
CELESTE  (YOU ARE HERE)
CARLEY  (YOUR NEXT STOP)

93 Wonderful Comment(s):

Nicolle said...

Oh I love that idea of the hair accessories holder..and the card is too cute love that shiny bow...thanx for the inspiration..:)

nicolle at nicollelovesscrapbooking dot com

Celeste said...

Your projects are absolutely adorable.

Lesley from WI said...

Love the projects and how you substituted different carts! Great job

girlia said...

This is really cute

Luv Scrapping Together said...

Love your projects, Celeste! Now you better run out to get the Hello Kitty cart your daughter wants! :)

~Saundra :)

Denise said...

Your daughter must love her new hair bow bag. Sooo cute! Love the idea of Modge Podging it. I have a three year old so I can understand the need ;)

Erika Valdez said...

cute prroects, TFS

Trisha said...

Nice projects. Thanks for sharing.

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

So cute! I love the idea of the hair band holder! That will really come in handy! The card is adorable as well! Fantastic projects!

Stacey
staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

Maria Elena said...

Super cute projects !

Have a great Friday ;-)
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Auntie Em said...

Your hair pretties holder is adorable. I may have to help my granddaughters make something like that! HK is so cute jetting off with her pretty aircraft!
And the card is so sweet.
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Karen said...

This is a wonderful project. TFS kschlu1 at gmail dot com

Minta's Creations said...

I Love your hair holder..I'm always losing my hair thingies.
Minta

mintab@gmail.com

http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

Glenda said...

Such cute projects and great use of the substituted carts!
Glenda
http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

DORCAS said...

I love how these turned out! She definitely looks like Hello Kitty! You did AWESOME on the challenge!
~HUGS

Carol said...

fabulous job of your projects. TFS

Carol
http://caroleesscrappingspot.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

Love how they turned out, you did a great job on the kitty for not having the cart for it! What a great idea, thanks!
steph4575@msn.com

Vivi Martínez said...

I am making this hop with my 4 years old DD and she is asking me why I didn't make her a HK hair band holder as my project for the hop? LOL!
Thanks for the instructions, now I have a project for the weekend.

Elaine said...

Celeste,

Great project and cute card!

thanks for sharing

elainer@cinci.rr.com

GiGi said...

That is such a great idea and SO CUTE! TFS!

Rose said...

Adorable projects! Love how you used different cartridges and still rocked the challenge!

CREATIONS BY MOMMY said...

LOve your ideas super cute!

creative patti said...

Very cute project. Thanks for sharing.

Vicki said...

Great projects. Love how you made Hello Kitty without the cartridge.

Reneeleeak said...

Love your Hello Kitty projects. You did a terrific job without having the actual cartridge!
Thanks for sharing!
reneeleeak at yahoo dot com

mum of two said...

Your projects are wonderful! You made that cat look so much like Hello Kitty! I am so happy to be on the FIF DT with you, and am your newest stalker :) TFS

michelle

Scrap'n Yamma said...

Love your projects! Yhank you for sharing!

Paula Bee said...

Great projects! You little kitty looks just like the real thing. :)

Kathy's-Krafts said...

You are very creative...You have some great ideas.
kgprevost(at)sbcglobal(dot)net
http://kathyskraftsandmore.blogspot.com/

Tanya said...

Really cute!!

Tanya
phenis2031 at yahoo dot com

Patti Ross said...

LOVE the projects! Great job!!!

Patti Ross
rossfam@wildblue.net
www.pattilynncreations.blogspot.com

JennyKozar said...

My little girls are grown but I may need to make one of these for my niece. So glad to be designing with you!!

Stacy said...

The hair thing is such a great idea and so cute! Love the card too. I'm hopping along... stacy H-W
http://scrapwithstacy.blogspot.com

kathlee said...

Your projects are darling Celeste! Your impostor kitty was fantastic! TY for following my blog! Stop by again soon!
Kathie
kathlee154atgmaildotcom
http://kathleessnippitsncricuts.blogspot.com

Anna said...

Very creative!!! And very clever!!!Thanks for the chance to win.
http: // mamawann. blogspot. com/
annadowdy at gmail dot com

VinDeeLoo said...

Very cute.

VinDeeLoo
vndlewis at rocketmail dot com

BunnyFreak said...

Thanks for all the detailed photos.

Coachfans said...

Wow, I can't believe how much that kitty face looks like Hello Kitty.

Nicely done,
Georgiana
http://carsonscricutcreations.blogspot.com/

Dave said...

Very neat projects, I really appreciate the details of how you made these (of course being a guy...it takes me a lil while to pick up these talents). Thank you for sharing, and "I'll put in a good plug to your hubby so you can get the cartridge for your daughter" :)

Janis said...

You are so talented! I need to make a hairbow holder for our Bonnie. Her hair sounds like your daughters. She goes to bed fine and wakes up with all kinds of knots. It's amazing how hard it can be to brush the knots out sometimes. Love your projects and instructions. Hugs! :)

scrappinmomma said...

Very cute

http://ikolinda-scrappinmomma.blogspot.com

Carley said...

Celeste! I just love you! Of course I love your project they are amazing as always! Thank you for the sweet praise you are the amazing one though! I am so glad to be on this fabulous design team with you.
I hope you have a fabulous glittery day!
~Carley
http://the-real-icarley.blogspot.com

Rhonda Emery said...

I really love these projects. how cute they turned out. you really did a great job girlfriend. You have been busy. hugs

joni said...

This project is so wonderful!!!! I'll bet your dd just loves it! I love it! TFS!
hugs,
joni

arcocha at yahoo dot com

Charlotte said...

Wow! A hair bow holder is a great idea!!!

Sharon said...

What a wonderful idea for the hair bands! Our DD is always looking for those things for her DD's! This would be great for them. Love the card! It is just purr-fect!!! :)

Heather said...

Super cute projects!!
ra6352 (at) gmail (dot) com

craftaholic said...

thanks for all the detailed steps to this project!! Very good Idea and very cute as well!! TFS!!

ilovetonkinese2athotmaildotcom
http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
Rexann

Nisson Family said...

I love your HK Recreations!!! I'm excited to be on the team w/ you!

Pam
simply-pam.blogspot.com

Patti B said...

I hope daddy spoils his two ladies and get them the cart. Great projects and imagination.

lebpab21408@frontier.com

Carrie's Corner said...

What a fun idea. I find DD's hair "stuff" all over the house. I might have to give this a try. TFS!
cau0617 at yahoo dot com

mississchic said...

So fun. mississchic @ yahoo dotcom

Jenifer said...

So creative! I'm gonna steal this idea for my DD's hair ties too! They are all over the place!

Jen

Angela R said...

I love your project, you did a great job not having the HK cart! Thank you so much for sharing!
Contact Info: incase I am lucky enough to win that amazing blog candy!
Email: arebori0204@gmail.com
New Blog: www.scraptillyadrop.blogspot.com
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

SueNJ said...

What a pretty yet functional project! I am sure your daughter loves it. Thanks for sharing it.

Happy Scrappin'

Sue B

http://susanascorner.blogspot.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Cute projects!

PinkBlingCrafter said...

Super cute Celeste!!!! You did a fantastic job with the kitty from Create a Critter:)
Hugs,
Norma

Mod Podge Amy said...

I LOVE this so much!! How cute!

Karelj said...

What wonderful ideas! I wish I'd had a box like that when my Daughter was small! I'm a follwer, have been for a while. your blog is great! Thanks so much for the great blog hop and the opportunity to win. karelj at ksjennings at gmail dot com and http://karelj.blogspot.com

Laurel said...

Awesome projects! Love the pink super glittery bow!! =) Laurel

Jan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jan said...

Great projects! We are always running around right before the bus comes too! LOL

thanks for sharing.

Jan
jan.schmeckpeper@yahoo.com

stefeni said...

So cute! Great idea to spice up the rubber band holders :)

spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

Donna said...

Such a clever idea. You are very talented. I also don't have this cart, but I think I may have to get it. I just posted my very first card on my new blog. Check it out. I hope someday to reach the hights of you talented ladies.

Darlene said...

Great idea! goood luck with the hair pretties!

Darlene

Scrappy Jackie said...

Great project! I know my nieces would all love something like this for their hair pretties! Thank you for sharing! pjritsema at gmail dot com

Mary said...

I love the technique you used on the bow. I looked it up on your link and I'm going to have to get some glossy accents. That's what I love about these blogs, it's very helpful for us newbies! TFS mary3mom at yahoodotcom

Colleen said...

You did a great job for not having the cart.

Jamie said...

Such a clever idea! Love your projects always!

Dawn, RI said...

It is amazing hoe the kitty on create a critter looks so much like HK. Nice job. Dawn Ri

myska said...

What a cute idea for hair things!

Janet said...

very ingeniouse of you Wow I bet your daughter will love this TFS a great idea

Becky said...

That is a really great idea! I may make myself one, since I am the only female in the house and I can't even keep track of my hair ties!

TFS!

becky.mayhewlear@gmail.com

CricutLvr!! said...

What a great idea!! Love your projects!! Super creative.
So happy to be joining you on this hop!!

Lisa W said...

Great project idea. My daughter needs something like that for her headbands and she's 14! Mind you she would love a Hello Kitty headband holder.

primpedinpaper said...

Celeste, the door sign/hair band holder is adorable!!! You are so creative to turn that rocket ship into a plane! It look fantastic! Very cute card too! You did a great job making the CAC kitty look like HK. The Hello Kitty cart is on my wish list, it's so cute!. Thanks for sharing this! :) -Nicole primpedinpaper@gmail.com

Becky Dunham said...

Such cute projects! I love that hair accessory holder idea - I hate to tell you but it doesn't get any better. My youngest is 13 and she still can't keep her hair bands in one place. Maybe I will have to make one of these for her. Thanks for the inspiration!

Simply AJ said...

What a super cute idea to keep your daughter's hair bands (I could use one myself)! Your card is also precious. Thanks for sharing! AJ - queenofmynest(at)gmail(dot)com

Kim. said...

Beautiful projects, love the hair band idea I could of done with one of those before. I remember those days of chasing around for hair bands in order to get out of the door before school starts all too well lol. The glitter and glossy accents really gives a lovely look to the bow.
Kim xXx

Kel said...

Gorgeous job.. what a great project. I just love hello kitty!

scrapBugz said...

Really cute projects. Thanks for sharing.

Mandy
mjbaker at earthlink dot net

buglvr2010 said...

Great projects...I love them both!

CyndiU said...

So cute! TFS. CyndiU
cureta2 at yahoo dot com

*Star said...

Super cute projects! Tfs and have a great day. :)

star24601 at gmail dot com

Jennifer said...

Celeste,

I love your "Hello Kitty" creations!!! ;) I enjoyed going back to Xyroning tutorial, too. What a great idea to use Glossy Accents to keep the glitter in place (I like the shine, too)!

Thank you so much for sharing,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

AmyJRockstar said...

Hey Sweetie,
You did such a great job here! Totally unique idea and super cute even w/o the cartridge.
XO ~ Amy Jo
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com

AmyJRockstar said...

Hey Sweetie,
You did such a great job here! Totally unique idea and super cute even w/o the cartridge.
XO ~ Amy Jo
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com

liza said...

Great projects! TFS!! :)

lmlandrum2007@hotmail.com

Sandra 365 Days Of Cricut said...

Celeste your projects are super cute! I love your faux Hello Kitty's! Thanks for being on the hop and on our DT!

BUZZY BEE DESIGNS & GRAPHICS said...

Gorgeous job.. what a great project
Rebecca Minor
buzzybeedesigns(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

JustYolie said...

ah super cute!

Lisa said...

I love how you used the box lid...you could make all sorts of wall hangings with that idea! So cool!

Lisa
prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

A Scrap Above said...

Celeste

You did an amazing job on this! I love how you made the air plane, too cute.
I am a new follower of your blog
TFS and a chance to win
Bonnie C
http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
ascrapabove(at)aol(dot)com