Sunday, February 20, 2011

Kids Crafts Blog Hop

WELCOME!!!!!  I'm so happy you were able to stop by today for the Kids Crafts Blog Hop!!
 I hope you just came from visiting Kelsey @ One Creative Teen; she did an amazing job didn't she!!! :)  If you happened to stop by my place first, make sure you start at the begining with Jen @ The Purple Scrapbooker.  You really won't wnt to miss a thing!! :)

I am the Mommy to two beautiful little ones (ages 3 and 5).  Our projects were very simple, but of course, very heartfelt.  My Husband's Birthday is coming up in a few days so of course our little ones wanted to make something for their Daddy!!!  :)  We're going to have a surprise** fish themed party for him. **My little ones are decorating and helping me make a fish shaped cake for him, but my hubby doesn't know about it yet - that's why it's a surprise (yes, it's being planned by my little ones)**  LOL!

Ok, so for the "surprise" party my little ones made some tissue paper flowers and fish shaped cards. :)  Here are a few pics of the fun we had. :)

Yes, children friendly scissors.

My little ones cutting the tissue paper.

Of course, Mom had to help do a zig-zag fold with the tissue paper and pipe cleaners (so no pics of that).










Pay no attention to the dirty shirt; she helped me make some bread earlier. (I couldn't get a picture of my little boy, he wouldn't hold still). :)

The final result.  The fish are cut from Camp Out.  The backs have cute pictures that my little ones made.  I'm sorry, it's not the best picture.  My little ones wanted them back so that they could hide them for their Dad's party (so he doesn't see them before).  I was lucky to get a single picture.
Your next stop is the talent Nicole at Simple Scrappin to see what they have in store for you!  Thanks again for stopping by!!!! :)

38 Wonderful Comment(s):

Heavenly Creations said...

Well I have 5 kids and this is the way they r. anytime they is a birthday they breakout the paper, stickers, and markers and they start crafting and making cards. I think its good to teach them to be creative. Great job kids!!

Tanya said...

Awww.. too cute!!! I bet daddy just LOVES their presents to him. :)

Hugs,

Tanya

Coach fans said...

I know Daddy is going to love them, especially since they are handmade.

Great job kids,
Ms. Georgiana
Carson's Cricut Creations

The Purple Scrapbooker said...

What a great gift for your daddy!! You both did such a great job with your projects!! I can't wait to try to make these flowers!

sleeplesswonder said...

What great gifts for Daddy, I bet he loves them. I bet it was a big surprise. :) TFS.
Hugs,
Melissa D
mkds312@hotmail.com
www.sleeplesswonder.blogspot.com

Tristan's Time 4 Craftin' said...

I like your fish they are nice.
I am Tristan. I am 8 years old. I am in Montana. I made my own blog using my Nanas laptop she gave me.

Maybe you can follow me on my new blog? I am making a new card today for a challenge.

Tristan

http://tristans-time-4-craftin.blogspot.com/

tristans_time_4_craftin@yahoo.com

Cheryl Gaffney said...

Hi guys!! I'm sure your dad will love your cards and flowers. I can see you put lots of love in your projects and Dad will see it too!

Thanks for sharing,
Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

*Star said...

Awesome job you 2! I'm sure your dad is going to love these. Tfs and have a great day. :)

Nana's Craftin Buddy said...

Hello! I am doing this blog hop with my 4 year old Kaleigh. Her Nana made her a blog and Kaleigh made a card and it's been posted. While Kaleigh & her brother were at Nana's she thought if she made a card she could just join in.

Here is what Kaleigh has to say now (mom typing) I like your kids fish and flower they are very pretty. Thank you for showing it to me.

Kaleigh

Please stop by her blog and follower her if you would. It'll make her day!

nanas_craftin_buddy@yahoo.com
http://nanas-craftin-buddy.blogspot.com/

Amanda said...

Cute! :)

Barbara said...

So nice, I bet dad was very proud of them. TFS,

http://barbaras-crafty-corner.blogspot.com/

Emily said...

So cute! They did a great job!

Alex said...

great job ! I love paper flowers and yours are beautiful !

HUGS !

the condes at gmail dot com

Cricut Matriarch said...

Adorable! Love the fish!
Good job kids!

Cricut Matriarch at yahoo dot com

mlc_15 said...

I love the idea of the tissue flowers...very creative. Thanks for sharing :)

scrappinmomma said...

You all did an AWESOME job!!!!

http://ikolinda-scrappinmomma.blogspot.com

GreenScrap said...

I left the comment at the wrong post. Sorry I was just looking at everything!! Great projects!! So cute planning their daddy a surprise!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Cathy S said...

You guys did an awesome job on your surprise decorations for your Daddy's birthday he will love them. Thanks for sharing them with us before hiding them until party day.
Cathy S

quilt4fun2 said...

Great job kids. Your Dad will have a great party with fish and flowers. Thank You for sharing in the hop. Have fun at your Dad's Birthday Party.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

shersl84bed said...

They look like they had a lot of fun. You are a good mommy letting them be creative. Their daddy is very lucky to be getting homemade presents.

ShersL84bed@aol.com

brittmartin0910 said...

Your childrens projects are so cute. Thank you for sharing.


brittmartin1288@yahoo.com

Meagan said...

Daddy is going to love what you've made for him!! What a great birthday surprise! Thanks for sharing with us!!

Meagan & Sara
beyondpaperdesigns.blogspot.com

lisastuf said...

These are precious and their Daddy will love them!
Good Job!
Lisa
lisastuf.blogspot.com

Staying Crafty said...

How fun! Tiffany loved these especially and happily cried out "fishes" :) Thanks for sharing your fun project with us.

anitaandbugs said...

Daddy will be sooo happy. Ya'll did a great job.It is great to see so many children crafting.
ANita

Jessica said...

Awww so sweet! Great job!
Jessica
Creativestamperspot@gmail.com
Thecreativestamperspot.blogspot.com

Kim said...

Great job!! Your father is going to be so surprised and just love all the Awesome party decorations!!!! I really love the fish and flowers:)
~Kim

Kathy's Kreative Spot said...

Cute project, i bet there Daddy is going to love his birthday surprise.

Kathy
Katsews at gmail dotcom

Anna said...

Your daddy is going to be so happy with what you two made for him. So very sweet.

Scrappy Zeni said...

I love to see all these creations! the paperflowers and fish cards were so cute! I'm so glad they shared it with us!

- - Sheryl - - said...

I remember making these when I was a child, And I still have one - that one of my children gave me for mother's day ... when they were little.

Kristin said...

Too cute! I love how they are planning the details of the party!

Kristin
ksully4597 at gmail dot com

flowerdisco said...

i don't have any kids but can't wait for grandkids :P

tell your children they did marvelous :)

Becky Dunham said...

This is sooo sweet Celeste! I love when the kids want to help make celebrations special. I have a paper banner in my office that my kids made for me for Mother's Day when they were littler - they are now 13, 16 and 19. Daddy is going to love this :)

Meesh said...

I remember making tissue flowers when I was a kid! Great project, I'm sure your kids had a blast! :o)

Michelle

Mommy to Two Cute Cupcakes said...

Such cuties!
Jessica
customcreationsbyjessica.blogspot.com

cowbelleru said...

Your Daddy is going to love all of your creations. Great job!! Have fun with your Daddy. TFS!
cowbelleru@gmail.com

PinkBlingCrafter said...

How adorable!!!Tell them they did a great job!!!!