Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sweethearts Blog Hop!!!

WELCOME TO THE SWEETHEARTS BLOG HOP!!!

 Photobucket

If you happened to come visit me you're welcome to stay and visit, but you'll want to start with Georgiana @ Carson's Cricut Creations.  If you did start at the beginning, then I'll bet you came here after visiting Carri @ Double Click Connections - AKA A Busy Bee.  Isn't Carri AMAZING!!!!  I love her work!!!! :)

I am so excited to be in this hop.  I starting thinking about my Sweethearts (hubby and our two little ones); and what makes them/us so special.  As my mind starting running (sometimes it's hard to keep up), I thought about the play on word images.  For example "Read between the lines" has the word 'read' with a line on top and on the bottom.  **Hmmmm, maybe I'm the only one that loves those.** :)  Well, (extra) long story short, I came up with this idea. **Sorry about the picture, it is a very shiny plate.**
So this one is supposed to be "Family surrounded by love".  I know - it's super cheesy!!!!!  I thought it was cute.  The four hearts under the word 'Family' are supposed to represent my little family; you might notice that all of the hearts are linked as well (you can click on the picture for a closer look).  Not perfect, but perfect for us. :)

I started with a decorative plate.  It was given to me as a gift; but I know that you can find them for a dollar or less at places like WalMart, or even a dollar store.  Normally I would use white (or even cream colored) vinyl; but I do not own any and I don't have money in the budget for it right now (very strict budget).  Instead I used paper and my other favorite item - MOD PODGE!!! 

The letters are from the Birthday Cakes cartridge.  I used my Gypsy to weld and slightly tip the letters in the word 'LOVE'.  They were cut at 1.  The word 'FAMILY' is from the same cart and cut at 1.75.  The hearts are from Accent Essentials cut at 1.5.

Well, if you're still reading (WOW!) then here's what else you're looking for . . . CANDY!!!!!!  Sorry, it's not a lot, but it sure could add to some cute Valentine's Day cards. :)
All you need to do is leave one comment; Nice, funny, symbols, whatever (just not mean). :)  US residents only, please (again - budget).  I'll pick a winner on Monday February 7th; that way I can get the candy sent before Valentine's Day.

Now you're next stop is the wonderful and talented Libby @ Beach Creations.  You'll love what she has in store for you (click here)!!!!!!  Thanks so much for stopping by!!!  

Here's the line-up (just in case):

Georgiana
Cheryl
Jen      
Carri
Celeste <-----This is ME!      
Libby  <-------------------Your next step!!!!
Heather 
Lisa
Tracy
Star

90 Wonderful Comment(s):

LadybugCarrie said...

Love your project - I think the plate is a great idea! Thanks for sharing! :-)

Kelly Rae said...

Oh, I think your plate is very cute! Thanks for sharing! kelly dot schaefer at ymail dot com

Toni said...

More than cute...AWESOME! I "LOVE" this project. TFS.
toniscraftyplace.blogspot.com

Carol said...

Super super cute plate! TFS this project.

Carol
clworkman4 at gmail dot com

Pamela Pattison Lash said...

I heart your project - what a clever idea and so symbolic with the four hearts - too sweet! Thanks for sharing and I want to invite you to our blog hop, Lots of Love, which starts @ 11 AM (EST). I am a follower and wish you much success with your crafting passion!
Mama LoveBug from LoveBug Creations
pam_lash at yahoo dot com

Houses Built of Cards said...

That is so sweet! And I love those things, and think it is so much more meaningful when you know that is what you intended!

SherriB said...

I love your charger plate (especially cuz it's so shiny)! Have a Happy Valentine's Day and thanks for the nice blog candy giveaway!

sherri underscore braun at hotmail dot com

Scrappy Zeni said...

What a cute idea! you did a great job!!! I loved your thought process. You are very talented.

zenzen89 at bellsouth dot net

Nicolle said...

oh wow I love this idea and I am going to have to try it..thanx for sharing..:)

nicolleatnicollelovesscrapbookingdotcom

Cindylu2u said...

What a fabulous project it's not cheesy, I love it!!
Cindy
miller896042 at bellsouth dot net

SweetestJess85 said...

Awesome idea ! Thanks for opportunity to win!

chignon said...

Love the plate idea! Looks great.

Heather said...

What a great idea! I love it! I would love to try flocking! Thanks for the chance to win!
ra6352 (at) gmail (Dot) com

Kristin said...

I love this plate! It's so cute and very representative of my family also! Thank you so much for sharing!

Kristin
ksully4597 at gmail dot com

Jenn said...

Love the plate!! Great job!
http://scrap-a-tude.blogspot.com/

Tracey said...

Fab plate Celeste :)

Hugs
Tracey
x

pigs cricut said...

love the ideas
pigs20052002@yahoo.com

Crafting in the pines said...

It's perfect!!!
Cherie
Cheriescraps.blogspot.com
Nokitten at hotmail dot com

Karen said...

What a great idea.TFS

kwillis_15 at yahoo dot com

country grammie said...

love the project! another great idea that can also be shared with kids!

TFS!

dfhenson@q.com

Mary said...

VERY cute idea!! I love it!!!


stockg7 at yahoo dot com

Kim said...

I love how your heart plate turned out! I also love the meaning behind it!!!!
follower
~Kim
http://crazyaboutscrapin.blogspot.com

Anna said...

Great idea. It turned out wonderful.
I'm a follower.
Thanks for the chance to win.
http: // mamawann. blogspot. com/
annadowdy at gmail dot com

GoddessMychele said...

I love this idea! It's so sweet!!! I really like how you connected the hearts together :-)

goddessmychele@gmail.com

JustYolie said...

I love your project! Girl never apologize for the size of candy, candy is candy! We love it! Thanks for the chance to win! :)

Stephanie said...

I think its adorable, and I think you did a great job!

Mary said...

I love, love, love your love plate. It is so beautiful. I have become a follower!

mary3mom at yahoo dot com

Cheryl Gaffney said...

I LOVE your plate!! I love the wonderful projects you always create!! :)

Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us all!! :0)

Cheryl

Nicole said...

What a fabulous plate! TFS

croppinmommadesigns at wowway dot com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So sweet! I love what it symbolizes!
Carri :)

Amanda said...

Cute!! TFS!

amandawoodau at hotmail dot com

Lovebug Creations said...

Love love love this plate...and the play on words! ;) Super cute project! TFS!

~kimi
kmbrlysue22 at yahoo dot com

jcinokc said...

Love your plate. It is so pretty. Thanks for the hop and giveaway!

jenlovcarr at aol dot com

The Purple Scrapbooker said...

What a great plate! It is so beautiful! I LOVE the shine it has, and the meaning of it is just perfect!

Jamie said...

that plate is so super cute!! love it! thanks for sharing and the chance to win!
-jamie
babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

Distressed Love said...

I thought the plate was cute!

I am now a follower of your blog!

Jessica

JerzyMomma06@comcast.net

JANLYNN said...

This is so nice to display. Sometimes it is simple things in life we need to immortilize. jls@eplus.net

Becky said...

thinking outside the box
hugs
poochietoo at gmail dot com

Cindy said...

How creative you are! Cindy cradkins11@gmail.com

Angela R said...

I love that plate, and I soo love those logic puzzels also. Your is so clever and adorable!
Thank you so much for sharing!
Email: arebori0204@gmail
If you get a chance I love new friends! www.scraptillyadrop.blogspot.com

Jeannie said...

Cute blog and cute plate. Thanks for a great prize,
jmsjws@centurytel.net

Ashley said...

I love the plate!! I could see candles on it for Valentines.

Ashley
ScrappinAsh at gmail dot com

Scrappy Jackie said...

What a cute plate. That is a great idea for decorating! Thanks for sharing and being part of this hop! pjritsema at gmail dot com

Darlene said...

I adore your project! Awesome! Cheesey is great! TFS

Darlene
desaucier at bellsouth dot net

Helen said...

I think your plate is ADORABLE!! Love is at the center of family so it is quite appropriate. Thanks for sharing!!!!

Hugs!

QC Kelsey said...

~ Haha ... you are 'super cheesy'!! But that is actually a great project!!

~ I'm a new Follower of your Blog!

~ **I'm in Canada so please don't include me in your candy.

Hip Hop and Awaaaaayyy!

Email: QC Kelsey
Visit Blog: Crystal Case Creative Creations

girlia said...

Celeste this is such an awesome project. Great job on this

Rosie said...

this plate is so cute!

rmini@satx.rr.com

A Scrap Above said...

Hey Celeste

This is really nice, makes a great center piece, I love it!!
I am already a follower of your blog
TFS and a chance to win
Bonnie
http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
ascrapabove(at)aol(dot)com

ScrappingStephanie said...

First off there is nothing cheesy about your project. I LOVE it. I always find that the best projects are those that are inspired by something close to the heart, or something that has happened to us. Also, your candy is great..I am appreciative just for your project. I really LOVE your plate and would like to try this out. I am have never seen them before though, what color are they usually? As, always thanks for a great project, I just love your blog Celeste;)

Hugs,
Stephanie

jessica said...

I love your plate! Family should be surrounded by LOVE! Thanks for sharing.
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

Trisha said...

I enjoyed your plan on words and I think you plate is very pretty and special. Thanks for sharing and I am a follower. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

maria zelinski said...

thanks for sharing your idea with us i think its great. i too work with a strict budget....its amazing what can be acomplished with so little. have a great day. pmlemaria@yahoo.com. i do not have a blog yet

Janice said...

I love those play on words. I may have to try my hand at a few. Thanks for sharing.

janice.strange@windstream.net

Heather said...

I think your plate is great. If it were a dif color (red would clash with my purple sofa)I would soooo hang that in my living room. I may have to scraplift!!! TFS
bhoward at kci dot net

Jennifer said...

Celeste,

I'm with you! I love word games and I LOVE the plate that you made!!! :) I especially love the meaning of it (family surrounded by love, the entwined 4 hearts, ...)! It's so sweet!

Thank you so much for sharing,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

Rhonda Emery said...

so pretty. glad you are feeling better.

Lillian Child said...

I always enjoy stopping by your blog to see what you've come up with and am never disappointed. Great gift idea!

http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

Donette said...

Love the plate!
donetterobertson@yahoo.com

BunnyFreak said...

Love the plate.

Christina said...

So super cute! TFS
shewhodreamz at gmail dot com

Brenna said...

the plate is gorgeous! and nothing is ever perfect, but it always works! thank for sharing, ps i also love the red plate!
brenna
rbanderson@live.ca

GabyCreates.com said...

You are so crafty in a creative sort of way!! Love your gift certificate card with the cake? and the scratch tickets? --super creative!! Can I have the file for the X-rated version LOL just kidding, please?
and I like your idea of decorating your plate... just thinking how I can incorporate your idea with this huge wall hanging plate I have that just happens to be red!
Sorry I have not visited in a while, feeling yucky myself and been very busy but thank you so much for always stopping by my blog and always!! leaving such sweet comments!! Hugs! Gaby

PinkBlingCrafter said...

Great project Celeste!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
Hugs,
Norma

Karen said...

Hi Celeste, I love the meaning The family surrounded by love, I think that is so sweet, Thanks for sharing, Karen<3

Addicted to Crafts said...

I love your project...it's an awesome way of displaying the importance of your family and love all in one.

AnnetteASalinas@aol.com

Debc06 said...

What a Great way of displaying your family love. TFS
Debbie
http://craftywizard.blogspot.com
debbie_craine at hot mail dot com

emcspadden09 said...

That is very pretty!

emcspadden09 at gmail dot com

rhoffer said...

What a cute idea--I loved the plate! And I think your blog candy would be fun to win! Thanks!
rhoffer12@aol.com

Lisa J said...

Celeste I LOVE these charger plates! And I don't think its cheesy at all! lol. Great idea lady!

{{hugs}}

Lisa J

tjsgal at gmail dot com

*Star said...

Beautiful project! The meaning behind it makes it so sweet! I had so much fun hopping with you!!

Marianne said...

OMG, this is such an awesome idea! Perfect to display all year not just for Valentine's Day! Great job and thank you for sharing.

Marianne S.
sthquilter at gmail dot com
www.paperorfabric.blogspot.com

Karen said...

I love your plate!! it is awesome because I am a read between the lines person too...lol
Happy Crafting!!!
Karen dkolopez@msn.com

Anniebee said...

Awwww! You plate is soooo sweet! And I think you did a wonderful job on it, especially given the tight budget (I can relate as I have been unemployed since August! :o( ) Thanks for sharing your talent and inspiration with us today!

Kathy's Kreative Spot said...

Love your "Family surrounded by Love" plate. I love the word plays also. i am a follower also.

Kathy
Katsews at gmail dotcom

pennykitz said...

WOW I love your plate!! Family is suppost to be surrounded by LOVE!
I like the "my four and no more"
lolol I also like your way of infamiesing!!! I am without an income at the present myself..
pennykitz@charter.net
http://pennykitz.blogspot.com/

Adrian said...

Love the plate! great project:)

Adrian

Becky Dunham said...

Celeste - this is so sweet and not cheesy at all :) I love the idea - may even get around to making a similar one for my family :)

Tanya said...

Celeste, this turned out great! Awesome job :)

Tanya P.
phenis2031 at yahoo dot com

katieo said...

Great Idea I love Modge Podge. My college furniture was covered with remnant fabric and modgepodge.

Emily said...

Really cute plate :) I love how it turned out!

Emily (coolcricutcreations at yahoo dot com)

Marionment said...

What a lovely plate-not cheesy at all. You made it and that makes the difference. Love it.
marionment@msn.com

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Thank you so much for the great share and inspiration!
Lisa
summer_sunset54@hotmail.com

LesleyfromWI said...

Love it. Wonderful idea. Never thought about doing one of these for Valentines. Cute

shersl84bed said...

Celeste, you have adorable ideas, tfs and being in the hop.

ShersL84bed@aol.com

Paula Puckett said...

Hi Celeste! I love those kind of word puzzles! They are great! Just like your plate! (I'm a poet and don't know it!) eeeeew, that was bad! I'm a new follower too. I just love these blog hops! Gives me a chance to "meet" new crafter and add new blogs to my "favorties list". Thanks so much for doing this blog hop!

Gramjak said...

Your Red LOVE plate is wonderful - and I love mod podge, too!!! (one of my favorite puzzle activities are those LIKE "Read between the lines".
Your welded hearts and love altered a wee bit make this a perfect Valentine accent for your home!!!

Thanks for sharing it with us!!

Kim VanSheppy said...

I love those little play on word images...I use them in class to get girls thinking out of the box.

kimsheppard6 at hotmail dot com

liz at liz's paper loft said...

very cool plate!
liz :o)

Runnergirl Creations said...

Very cool! Good job! :) Blessings!