Sunday, February 27, 2011

You Make Me Smile!

I'm in love with this one!!!!  Let me explain it a little and then I'll show you. :)

One of my sweet friends told me about Debi at Dizzy Lizzy's Creations.  She has a post (click here to see it) where she tells about a very special moment that she had involving butterflies.  I don't want to tell her story, but you really should go read this post.  When I read it, I cried; it really is such a sweet story!!!!  Well, she challenged people to make a card with butterflies.  So, Debi, here's my take on your story/challenge!!!!

All of the papers are scraps (sorry, no brand names).  I cut the butterfly from the Hannah Montana cartridge at 3.5.  The card base is from the the Preserves cartridge.  Of course, I had to bling it up and use some Stickles.  It smudged a little.  My little ones were getting ready for bed and kept giving me hugs, which made for a very unsteady hand. :)  Oh well, I LOVE THOSE HUGS!!!!!!

Debi, I hope it makes you smile!!!!!!  Thanks so much for stopping by!!!  If you get a chance, please go visit Debi and say 'hi'!  You'll love her work, she really is amazing!!  Thanks again for taking the time to stop by!!! :)

9 Wonderful Comment(s):

Cheryl Gaffney said...

SOOO cute!! I know I've made the "Mom I need you" smudges too... they really add character! :)

hugs, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

Besthobbyeva said...

Absolutely adorable!! I love this card. Great job and the smudges make the card!!!

Laurie

Donna said...

Very pretty card!

Meaghan said...

Super cute card! And I don't care what you say about the stickles because it's better then I could do with no distractions! =) TFS!

~Meg @ craftingwithmeg.blogspot.com

Meaghan said...

Super cute card! And I don't care what you say about the stickles because it's better then I could do with no distractions! =) TFS!

~Meg @ craftingwithmeg.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

Beautiful!!! Love the stickles and bling!! :)

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

beautiful! love the dimension!

Tabitha said...

Very pretty card. Love those pearls on the bottom. Nice touch. TFS

JustYolie said...

Beautiful butterfly card! TFS!