Friday, February 25, 2011

Flaunt It Fridays DT Post

Hi my friends!!!!!  This week on Flaunt it Fridays the challenge is to use the matchbox from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More.  My first thought ended up working perfectly (which is not always the case).  I thought about my little girls' Kindergarten teacher.  She does so much (as do all teachers), and I wanted to make something for her.  At the beginning of the year I made her little index cards to use (click here for the post), but wanted to make her something nice.  I know she has several helpers and thought it would be nice to give her a 'Thanks' card set.  What better to put it in than the matchbox?!!!


 The Matchbox was cut at 5.  That way it fit the 3x3 cards perfectly.
 
  I put an eyelet in the hole in the part of the matchbox that slides out.  I just put a ribbon through the hole and tied a knot on both sides of the paper (so it doesn't fall through on either side).

I can't remember where the paper is from, and the school decor is all chipboard stickers.  I thought they went perfectly with it. The cards were made from scratch paper and some border stickers.  The stamped 'Thanks' is from a stamp set I got a long time ago (I don't remember who made it).

I'd love to hear what you think!  Do you think a teacher would like something like this?  Or would it be too much clutter on a desk?  Thanks for stopping by!  I'm so glad you did!!!!!!  Make sure you stop by Flaunt It Fridays to see what everyone else created and to show us what you create!!!

Thanks again for stopping by!! :)

9 Wonderful Comment(s):

Besthobbyeva said...

Such a clever, clever idea! I love this. I absolutely think a teacher would love this as well. Just have the thank you's ready to go and in such a cute holder. Fantastic!!

Laurie

The Purple Scrapbooker said...

WOW - I think ANYONE would love this!! What a great idea!!

Rhonda Emery said...

this is a cute take on the challenge. love it and I am sure the teacher will too. hugs

Trell said...

Love it; I think that's going to enjoy it as well!

Trell
polkadotsandpaint.blogspot.com

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

how very cool! wonderful idea!

Kel said...

I think this is GREAT. Any teacher or anybody else would justoove to have thanks you's on hand.. Clever clever!

Meaghan said...

Cute project, thanks for the inspiration! I enjoyed looking through you're older posts, you're quite creative! TFS!

Meg @ craftingwithmeg.blogspot.com

Selina said...

Lovely project! Any teacher would love this thoughtful gift!

Thanks for following my blog! I'm now following your blog!

http://www.mudpiereality.blogspot.com

*Star said...

Awesome project! I will have to scrap lift this and make some for my kids' teachers! :) Tfs and have a great day. :)