Friday, March 18, 2011

FIF Birthday Bash Bunny Blog Hop!

HELLO FRIDAY!!!!!!  Anyone else in need of a Friday?!  I'm so happy you're here (both you and Friday)!

Welcome to Flaunt It Fridays Birthday Bunny Bash Blog Hop!!! :)  I hope you came after visiting Amanda at My Scrappin Obsession.  Didn't she do such a great job?!  She's so talented!!  If you just happened to visit my blog for the day, make sure you start at the beginning at Flaunt It Fridays. :)  You'll want to make sure you visit everyone and leave a comment at all of the blogs to be eligible for the Grand Prize - a Peachy Keen Wide Eyed and Bushy Tailed assortment!  YEAH!!!

On to my projects! :)

The first one isn't the prettiest thing, but I love the idea (I'm sure a lot of you can make it look even better). :)  This is my way of keeping track of annual events such as Birthdays and Anniversaries. :)


I kept this one super simple.  I used Create A Critter for the Bunny as well as for the present.  The ribbon and the frame were from my stash, I'm not sure where they came from.  I did use some flocking for the bunny (just to add a little bit to it).








I'm sure most of you are much better at remembering to send cards to family for Birthdays and Anniversaries!  After school started, I saw a bunch of these 3x5 card holders on sale for less than a dollar.  They've been sitting in my 're-porpose' box calling my name. :)  I came up with this idea to help me keep organized.  I printed off all of the annual events on 3x5 cards.  I also made the labels for the separators for each month and one for addresses (because I can never find them when I need them).  Very simple, yet very helpful.  It makes it very nice to be able see what is coming up within the next month and making the card a little early to get it sent on time. :)

For my second project we were supposed to make something using a different cut from Birthday Bash.  Looking through the images online, I found a cute little snail that was holding an envelope. It inspired me to make this card.
 I used Base Camp for the card shape (to look like a stamp).  The snail is from Walk In My Garden, and the grass is from Paper Doll Dress Up. :)  I inked around the grass, the snail and the base paper to give a little bit of dimension.  The stamped message is a My Pink Stamper stamps.

Enough of my jabbering!!!  I do have a small surprise for one person.  All you need to do is leave me a comment telling me how you keep the important annual dates organized; I'd love to hear!!!!  You don't need to be a follower friend, but I love friends! :)

Your next step is Carley at The Real iCarley.  You will LOVE what she has in store for you!!

If you get lost, here's the line-up:

1. Flaunt It Friday's

2. Sandra

3. Lisa

4. Sheandra

5. Pam

6. Stacey

7. Glenda

8. Sharon

9. Amanda

10. Me <------This is me

11. Carley  <------- You're Next Step!!

12. Jenny K

13. Laurel

14. Corri

15. Monica

Thanks for stopping by!  Make sure you leave a comment on every one's blog for a chance at the Grand Prize!! :)

46 Wonderful Comment(s):

Kim VanSheppy said...

I like it...I love that you made an ordinary file folder look 100% better. TFS.

kimsheppard6 at hotmail dot com

Misty said...

Organized? What's that? LOL! I just transfer all the names & dates from last years calender to this years, and it hangs on the fridge. I also have a rolodex for addys.
Hummer Hugs,
Misty
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

LesleyfromWI said...

Love the projects. I keep all my dates on outlook with reminders. If my computer crashes I am in big trouble!

Besthobbyeva said...

Super cute Celeste and quick clever! We all need reminders!! Great job!

Laurie

CRAZY4CHRIST said...

I have a pocket calendar as well as a wall calendar for all my importnat dates. very creative way to organize yours!!
sierrababy08@hotmail.com

Glenda said...

Such a cute and creative way to keep up with events. Love the snail and shape of the card!
Glenda
http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

GiGi said...

Great projects and cute too! I usually put mine in my computers calender so then it sends me reminders.
booger1 at tds.net

Alannah said...

I love the snail lol

Janis said...

Love organizational crafting. These projects are great! :) Janis

BunnyFreak said...

My problem is I don't keep the important dates organized.

L.B. said...

I think both your projects are great! Love the idea of organizing all those events!

mum of two said...

What great ideas! I love the organizer, and the snail on the card is fab! TFS :)

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Carley said...

Celeste! I just love you! It is so sweet of you to give me praise but the funny thing is that I gave you praise as well because I think you are so talented! I think you do not even see how talented you are! I love both of your projects I think it is a fabulous idea! I NEED to get more organized BAD!!!!
Love ya
Carley

Jenifer said...

I love that box idea...I just write the important things on my calendar. I make sure that I write them in before I throw away the previous year's calendar. When I was really good, I looked at the next month's calendar on the first of the previous month, then started my gift and card making to have ready to go for the following month...not quite that organized anymore, but hey, it's a goal.

Jen

Nette said...

What a great way to organize...Great projects.

nette_r at msn dot com

Melissa said...

Very nice job on your projects!

jennyplace2 said...

Awwwwww! Both your cards are so dang cute! As far as keeping importants dates organized...I have not figured that one out yet, at my age it is even hard to remember what my name is! LOL! TFS!
jennyplace26@gmail.com

Nisson Family said...

I LOVE your project and especially love your snail mail card. It is darling! :)

Pam
Simply-Pam.blogspot.com

iluvkatie74 said...

What a great way to keep track of events. Great job.

Recipe Scrapper said...

Love both of your projects. I have one of those card holders. Maybe I will scrap-lift your idea and make a card box of my own. Thanks for the idea!
Blessings,
RecipeScrapper at sbcglobal dot net

ajandfour said...

Great idea for the birthday reminder! I love the snail card with the stamp edge.
Great timing for a birthday blog hop. We have five bds this weekend.
A
fourkidstwocats at msn dot com

Monica Flores said...

I love this idea!! I need to scraplift this and spruce up my holders!!! Having a ball in this awesome hop with you!!!

Toodles,
Monica

Theresa said...

The stamp back shape is perfect, Love snail mail.
TFS
Theresa
tmdettloff@gmail.com

sweetlilscrapper said...

oh i HAVE to write everything down in my calender!!
thanks for the chance to win!

sweetlilscrapper.blogspot.com
sweetlilscrapper@hotmail.ca

Luv Scrapping Together said...

Great job, Celeste! I am pretty good about remembering dates. Fro family, my brother started a family tree on Myheritage.com and I get regular reminders about birthdays and anniversaries.

~Saundra
Luvscrappingtogether at gmail dot com

Marcy S. said...

I love your idea, I wish I could say that I was orginized when it came to important dates, but I'm not, I'm lucky if I remember my own birthday (I try to forget that one). Thanks for the chance to win.

Marcy S.
m.serrano@live.com
http://marcyscreativecrafts.blogspot.com/

Suzy said...

TGIF! This was such a fun hop. Hope to have some scrapbooking time this weekend to participate in the challenge. Thanks for the chance to win :)
-Suzy suzyq28024@gmail.com

Sharon said...

I need one of these organizers myself!!! For all the years that our DD and her DH have been married, I still forget his birthday!!! I think he is use to it now. Bless his heart. So, I don't have any type of organization to keeping up with events! Love how you flocked the bunny. The stamp shaped card is just to cute!! Love the snail! :)

Sandra 365 Days Of Cricut said...

Your projects are amazing! I really want to make an organizer now! I can't believe your snail project wasn't from BB, the cuts look just like it!

Lawyers Scrap Too! said...

What a great method to keep important events organized! Love both of your projects Celeste, the snail is so stinkin cute.
Sheandra

mw_scrap said...

Great job...love your projects that you made. mary ann

mkeiper72@yahoo.com

Kristin said...

Great idea! I use my Blackberry to store annual events - I just enter it and select the option to have it automatically update the event for every year.

Kristin
ksully4597 at gmail dot com

shanna13 said...

I like your project to keep track of birthdays. Your snail card was great also. TFS Susan
shanna13@frontiernet.net

miislucky said...

I like your project it's cute. The snail is adorable! lol

Babe O'Mara said...

Your snail card is so cute. I have a calender with a huge space on each day to write everything down. I also carry a cute little one in my purse, it has nothing written in it, I just liked the cover. I'm a new follower.

Babe
youiesmom@att.net

Janet said...

Love your projects the flocking on the bunny looks great, and sucha great idea I'm always late with my acknowledgement of events.
http://ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/

FMonty said...

Great projects! I LOVE your idea, I may have to try it. And your card is too cute. TFS!!!
fmadera75atgmaildotcom

Ola said...

I think your bunny organizer is adorable! And, that snail mail is just too fun & cute... love it!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com
zloe.blogspot.com

Ola said...

I forgot.... I really do not have anything to keep myself organzied, let's so I've made a lot of Happy Belated birthday cards! *blush*

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com
zloe.blogspot.com

Rhonda Emery said...

I needed some pointers on the organizing I am terrible at it. I love your card how cute is this. hugs

LaLa said...

Love the projects! I especially like the "Snail Mail" card!

Lauren
queen_lade at yahoo.com
scrappinwithlala.blogspot.com

Laurel said...

Love your projects! The organizer is a great idea! :) Laurel

AmyJRockstar said...

Hi Sweetie! Great projects. The organizer is sooooo cute! I'm techy girl so I use Outlook to organize all my events like b-days, etc. :0) Glad to see you were in this hop! I really want to get into some more, but haven't been invited yet. :( I'm gonna put out a request though. :0) TFS!

XO ~ Amy Jo (follower)
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/

Brenna said...

love your work!!! soo cute!! I just got an iphone last year, so I use my iphone for all my important dates and scheduling!! thanks for sharing!
brenna
rbanderson@live.ca

Maria Elena said...

Great projects !
Have a great Monday ;-)
Maria Elena~
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Anniebee said...

Hi, Celeste! I'm sorry I missed this blog hop. I looks like you had a great lineup. I discovered your blog a while back (probably on another hop) and have been loving your work ever since. I'm dropping by today to let you know that I have selected you to receive the Versatile Blogger Award. You can pick it up on my blog whenever it's convenient. Congratulations and keep up the great work!

Anne (anniebeescraftroom.blogspot.com)