Saturday, March 12, 2011

Jen's Happy Birthday Blog Hop!

If you're looking for my Spring Forward Blog Hop scroll down or click here to go to it.

If you're here for Jen's Happy Birthday Blog Hop - You're in the right place!!!!!!  WAHOOOO!!! :)

I'm so excited to be a part of Jen's blog hop.  I hope many of you know Jen at The Purple Scrapbooker, if not - you really should!!  She's so amazingly talented; I'm so honored that she let me be a part of her Birthday Blog Hop!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN!!!!!!

I hope you are here after visiting Denine at Pumpkin & Spice.  If not, that's OK - just make sure you start at the beginning with Jen at The Purple Scrapbooker (you're not going to want to miss anything)!! :)

When Jen asked if I would be a part of her hop, of course I said YES!  I also asked her a few questions about her favs (favorite treat, favorite movie, etc).  Well, one of her favs is the color purple (of course), but another fav is the movie Steel Magnolias.  So to help Jen celebrate her Birthday, I wanted to make this card **I didn't get into town so Jen won't get this card until next wee; sorry Jen!**  Yes, the flowers are supposed to be Magnolias. :)

The card fits into a legal size envelop (I think it's around a 9x4).  The branch and flowers are from Gypsy Wanderings cut at 2.5.  I cut the flowers out twice so that I could layer them.  I inked one set of flowers (purple around the sides and yellow in the middle) to give a little bit of color; and what is a flower without a little pearl in the middle?! :)   I used an older stamp set for the sentiment and used a MS border punch for the top and bottom of the sentiment.  The butterflies are layered stickers; I just wanted to give the card a little more color and a little something else. :)  Here's a picture of the flowers.  I used homemade pop dots to pop them up a bit and curled the edges of the top layer.  I liked the effect. :)

To help Jen celebrate her Birthday I have a small present for one lucky person.
I loved this little stamp and everyone loves a little bit of bling!!! :)  To be entered, all you need to do is leave a comment (only one comment per person please).  I'll pick a random winner on March 15.  You do NOT have to be a follower friend; but I'd love to have you visit any time!!! :)

Well, now that you've seen my card for Jen's Birthday the next step is to go visit Cheryl at Cards by CG.  You will love what she has in store for you!!!!!!!

If you get lost, here's the line-up:

Celeste - www.ccscards.blogspot.com<---- You are here
Cheryl - www.cardsbycg.blogspot.com  <------ You're next step!


Thanks again for stopping by.  A big thanks to Jen for letting me be a part of her Birthday!!!

99 Wonderful Comment(s):

Jens Craft Corner said...

I love your card. What a great idea! I love your site!

Leanne said...

This card is beautifully done. Reminds me of the Japanese blossoms.

pruttybird said...

Beautiful card. Love the design.

pruttybird at comcast dot net

Jacqueline said...

Wow - so pretty - i love the detail. thanks for sharing and the opportunity to win some candy.
~Jacqueline
Made by Jacqueline
madebyjacqueline@yahoo.ca
.. oh ps im a new follower

Denise said...

Beautiful birthday card. Love your colors and butterfly.

dendearmas@aol.com

iluvkatie74 said...

It is so beautiful! I love the flowers.

Staying Crafty said...

Beautiful!

Cindylu2u said...

Gorgeous card, reminds me of a Dogwood tree, I love seeing them bloom in the spring!!
Cindy
miller896042 at bellsouth dot net

Cindylu2u said...

Gorgeous card, reminds me of a Dogwood tree, I love seeing them bloom in the spring!!
Cindy
miller896042 at bellsouth dot net

Suni Smith Brandt said...

I really liked your card, simple and elegant ...ty4s ..

Josie0602 said...

Very pretty!!!

Lori Comeau said...

This is a great card. I never would have thought to do one that size. I like the way it came out Thanks for sharing.

I would love to have you visit my blog.

http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

Amanda said...

Pretty card! TFS!

amandawoodau at hotmail dot com

mw_scrap said...

What an awesome card...I love it...so pretty...thanks for sharing
Mary Ann

mkeiper72@yahoo.com

Karen said...

Your card is so pretty. The flowers remind me of a dogwood tree. TFS and a chance at the blog candy

kwillis_15 at yahoo dot com

Colleen said...

Really nice card. TFS. I will be back to take a longer look at your blog.

Rainbow Designs at huntel dot net

Tiffany said...

Beautiful card! Excited to start following you. TFS

Tiffany
tiffanymarierice@yahoo.com
http://sparkledmemories.blogspot.com/

Kristin said...

GORGEOUS!!! I didn't even know this cut was on Gypsy Wanderings! I have to look more closely at what is on there. I love love love this card!

Kristin
ksully4597 at gmail dot com

sgrcookie said...

What a super sweet card, she will love it!!

serina.nelson@gmail.com

chignon said...

I love cards with flowers and yours is fabulous!

quilt4fun2 said...

This beautiful card is the largest I have seen and I love how you did the flowers. Great Card! Thanks for being in the hop and sharing.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Cheryl Gaffney said...

Celeste, you did a wonderful job!!! I love all the dimension and that size really gives you a lovely bg for that beautiful branch! I didn't know it was on GW!

TFS your wonderful project and yourself with us! :)
Crafty hugs, Cheryl

Debbie said...

your card is super sweet love that size too it's different from the others thanks for sharing Debbie
debbiewilson62@comcast.net

The Purple Scrapbooker said...

This is such a pretty card! I love that you used one of my favorite things to inspire you! Butterflies are another one of my favorite things, so you got everything!! I just LOVE it!!

Thank you so much for being in my birthday blog hop!!

McVic said...

Cute ! Love the flowers!
kacee
mcvicwif@Yahoo.com

mitch1066 said...

Love the design :)im just learning to make flowers!

mitch1066@gmail.com

Scrappin1 said...

I love your card beautiful! Scrappin1@shaw.ca

Barbara said...

What a cute and girlish card!!! I love the colors!

visit my blog: http://barbaras-crafty-corner.blogspot.com/

TY!!

Lisa R said...

What a sweet card. i love dimmensinal cards! Happy Crafting

Jessica said...

What a sweet card! I love the versatility of our cricuts! Thanks for the inspiration!

Karen said...

Love your card!!!
Happy crafting!!! Got to keep hopping!!
Karen dkolopez@msn.com

Gina (Happymom2010) said...

Love how your flowers came up like 3D! and your little tiny butterfly...LOVE IT!

Gina L.
happymom2010learning at gmail dot com

MaryNSC said...

O how Pretty That is one of my ALL TIME Favorites too..I love it when she tells her to SLAP WEEZER..:O)

Dakota Bear said...

A very pretty card!

http://alwayslivemorescrapping.blogspot.com

Besthobbyeva said...

What an adorable card!! I love it!! Great job!

Christine said...

Very pretty card.

Chris.Pickul@hotmail.com
http://pickulblog.blogspot.com/

Kim said...

Love your card! I knew they were magnolia flowers right away!!!
follower:)
~Kim
http://crazyaboutscrapin.blogspot.com
kfordyce6638 at gmail dot com

firstgrandma6 said...

Great card! I liked the little butterfly touch.

Anniebee said...

Very pretty card! I like the long, narrow cards because I always have an envelope they'll fit in. TFS!

Anne
lucyblueeyz at yahoo dot com
anniebeescraftroom.blogspot.com

Amber S said...

Beautiful card. I love those flowers on it!! Lucky girl Jen.

CherylP said...

Beautiful card! I always forget to use the items on the Gypsy Wanderings cart. TFS and thanks for the chance to win

cherylphillips AT comcast DOT net

Jennifer H. said...

I love you card and site. I am a new follower/friend. Thanks for sharing and the chance to win.

scrapbooking.mommieof2 at gmail dot com

Janice said...

Never thought of using a legal size envelope and card. Will have to do that soon. I think the card is beautiful. Just perfect for a Spring birthday.

janice.strange@windstream.net

forpahl5 said...

Very cute! Thanks for sharing!

forpahl5@gmail.com

forpahl5 said...

Very cute! Thanks for sharing!

forpahl5@gmail.com

Nadia's World said...

Awesome card! Very sweet of you to taylor it to her favorites! :)

TFS!!

Nicole T.
niclax13@gmail.com

Melissa said...

Very Pretty card!!!

Thanks for the chance to win!

Lovebug Creations said...

What a beautiful card! Love the flowers and it's nice to see a different size card! :) TFS!!!

~Kimi

kmbrlysue22 at yahoo dot com

*Star said...

Beautiful card! I love the layering and bling on the flowers. I also really love that you got your inspiration from that movie. This happens to be one of my all time favorite movies. I've see it a million times and it still makes me cry everytime. :) It's been tons of fun being in the hop with you. Have a great day.

Scrappin Time Gal said...

Love your card ....really different.
Thanks for sharing...

AnnCarolW@aol.com

Child_of_Faith said...

very pretty cards! love the flowers

Esther@babybutterfly521@yahoo.com

girlia said...

very pretty Celeste

Debc06 said...

Wow Love this card. TFS
Debbie
http://craftywizard.blogspot.com
debbie_craine@hotmail.com

kathlee said...

What a gorgeous card! Those flowers are stunning! TFS
Kathlee
kathlee154atgmaildotcom
http://kathleessnippitsncricuts.blogspot.com

Trisha said...

Your card is very elegant. Looks like magnolias to me. Thanks for sharing and the chance to win. I am a follower. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com
www.trishacreates.blogspot.com

Manhattan Mandie said...

Love your beautiful card!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So pretty Celeste! It's been fun hopping with you!

sleeplesswonder said...

Love the card great job, reminds me of cherry blossoms, (which I love). TFS. I am already a follower.
Hugs,
Melissa D
mkds312@hotmail.com
www.sleeplesswonder.blogspot.com

Rhonda Emery said...

beautiful card love your flowers and the design.

Amanda said...

I love your card! I love the movie Steel Magnolias, also. It's one of my favorites! I just became a follower.

scrappinC said...

Your card is so beautiful, I love your idea of the size of the card.
TFS!
Cindy Lou
endurapuppy at yahoo dot com

JANLYNN said...

Magnolias are one of my favorite flowers and these are lovely. One of my fellow master gardener friends here grows about 65 different varieties of Magnolias and even has hybridized a couple of new species himself. I love the border punch on the sentimate too. Sp pretty. jls@eplus.net

Marcy S. said...

I just love your card, your butterfly is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Marcy S.
m.serrano@live.com
http://marcyscreativecrafts.blogspot.com/

Libby Beach said...

Wow Celeste! That is a very beautiful card!! :) Those flowers are just gorgeous! :) Fantastic job!

Ola said...

This card is gorgeous! I love the movie Steel Magnolias... I would watch it every Saturday, I think I pretty much wore that VCR tape out, lol!

Thanks so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com
zloe.blogspot.com

lovescrapreflect said...

BEAUTIFUL CARD CALEBWMARTIN@YAHOO.COM

Mary said...

I love the flowers-and yes they do look like Magnolias. Beautiful!
mary3mom at yahoo dot com

cinda said...

This will be a perfect card for my MIL!

Cinda
cindafarrell@yahoo.com

Vicki said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing and the chance to win. I'm a follower.

vwilson577 at yahoo.com
http://scrapbookingcreationsbyvicki.blogspot.com/

Fot said...

what a lovely idea, great thinking out of the box. Beautiful

Thank-You for sharing
DebFoti~ http:/www.scrappingmamma.net
ustoleit@comcast.net

ScrappinAnn said...

I love the card and the idea of someting that fits in a legal size envelope. Very pretty.
I am already a follower :)
ScrappinAnn at gmail dot com
www.annlenth.blogspot.com
please visit my blog and help me reach 150 followers.

Kristi O said...

what a beautiful card. I love the flowers. I am going to try to make those... I came from the birthday blog hop and am so glad I did!

BunnyFreak said...

The card has a serene vibe. Love it.

Ellen ♥ CardMonkey said...

I like your card very much ... and I always forget to look on my Gypsy Wanderings for cuts. Gotta go get this branch, for sure!!

TYFS and for the oppty to win.

Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
www.cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
cardmonkey@comcast.net

STOP BY MY BLOG TODAY to join in on another (different) birthday blog hop ... and also to learn the latest on what's up in the lawsuit case of ProvoCraft vs. Make-The-Cut.

karensk said...

Really love the card. I became a follower.
Thanks for sharing
karen k 3 at ameritech dot net

Theresa said...

So pretty, I grew up with a dogwood tree right outside my window and that is what it reminds me of. Love it,
TFS
Theresa
tmdettloff@gmail.com

JustYolie said...

Very cute card! TFS!

craftaholic said...

Super Pretty Card!! Love the colors you used!! TFS!!

http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
Rexann

Coach fans said...

I was just thinking about making a card similar to this when I saw a beautiful tree with these bloom in the neighbor's yard. I LOVE the 3-D effect you added to your flowers.

Awesome job,
Georgiana

doverdi said...

Great card! TFS!

Brenda said...

Love this card, very fresh idea. thanks.

Brenda
bkdkantz@windstream.net

Anna said...

Great card. Love it.
I'm a follower.
Thanks for the chance to win.
annadowdy at gmail dot com

Debbie said...

Very Pretty, this is a great blog hop

Shelly Lynn said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the magnolias!! Thanks for sharing this with us!

lisastuf said...

Beautiful card!
I love anything with flowers!
I also like that you made it a size that you don't see a lot.
It makes it even more unique.
Great job!
Lisa H.
lisastuf.blogspot.com
lisastuf at gmail dot com

SiskiyouSue said...

Your card is beautiful! I love it. suekimmet@gmail.com
siskiyousue.blogspot.com

Kathy's Kreative Spot said...

Love your card with the cherry blossoms, can't wait till the trees around here start blossoming.
Kathy
Katsews at gmail dotcom

PurpleFuntastick Creations said...

I love this card..so pretty! and I became a follower and it is so nice to see another new one for me...love to follow blogs...thanks for sharing! :)
Kari
purplefuzz06@yahoo.com

shersl84bed said...

Beautiful card Celeste. I love the purple paper with the white flowers.

Smiles Sher
ShersL84bed@aol.com

Rachelle said...

What a sweet card :)
Rachelle

joyfulhrtatgmail.com

www.rachelle-rachellesplace.blogspot.com

AJoy said...

Love the card! TFS!

April
nginerd at gmail dot com
http://ajoy2scrap.blogspot.com

BUZZY BEE DESIGNS & GRAPHICS said...

Fabulous job on your card…Thanks for doing this Blog Hop
Rebecca Minor
buzzybeedesigns(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://buzzybeedesigns.blogspot.com

jodiloveselvis said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing.
jodiloveselvis@yahoo.com

A Scrap Above said...

This is really pretty, I love the colors and the Magnolias are too cool!
I am already a follower of your blog
TFS and a chance to win
Bonnie
http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
ascrapabove at aol dot com

LesleyfromWI said...

Gorgeous. I love the details.
lfuchs1 at wi. rr. com

Cricut Chick said...

I Love this card. The size is awesome and those flowers are amazing. I have to pay better attention to my Gypsy Wanderings. TFS

Cricut Chick
www.cricutchick.com
cricut chick at rocketmail dot com

Cricut Chick said...

I Love this card. The size is awesome and those flowers are amazing. I have to pay better attention to my Gypsy Wanderings. TFS

Cricut Chick
www.cricutchick.com
cricut chick at rocketmail dot com

Recipe Scrapper said...

I love this card. I really is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,
RecipeScrapper at sbcglobal dot net

Angela said...

Very beautiful card Celeste! I wish my flowers on my tree looked this good!

Hugs,
Angela

lauermaa at gmail dot com
www.angelascrafty.blogspot.com