Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spring Forward Blog Hop

Hello my wonderful friends!!!!!!!  Welcome to the Spring Forward Blog Hop.  

Photobucket

I'm so happy you are here!!!!!  I hope you are here after visiting Carrie at Double Click Connections - AKA A Busy Bee - I know, she's amazing isn't she!!!!!!!  I just love her work!!  If you happened to stop by here first, make sure you start at the beginning of the hop with Lora at Notes from the Scrapbooklady!  You'll want to stop by all the blogs and leave comments to be eligible for the main hop candy. :)

This hop is themed around Easter or Spring.  Well, I did a little bit of both. :)  For those of you that know a little about me, I often 'craft' with my little ones.  So, for the first project I went for Easter themed and had a 'little' help.  Every year we do a scavenger hunt for my little ones **by we, I mean me - I get to create the hints because hubby can't rhyme to save his life**.  :) LOL!  This year I decided to let my little ones help (and they didn't even know it).  

I printed off eight egg shapes (using word) and had my little ones color them.



















We then cut out the eggs (with child friendly scissors of course).
I also created and printed off the hints and put them on the back of the pretty colored eggs.  Now they're ready for me **Easter Bunny** to hide. :)

My second project was a fun little Easter/Spring card.  

This beautiful little chick was cut at 2.5 along with the egg.  The nest was cut at 1.5; all images were from Create a Critter.  The background paper was a single that I had, so I don't know the brand; the rest of the papers were scraps.  The stamp is an older one, so I'm not sure who made it (again, sorry)!  I put some flock on the belly of the chick (for added dimension).  I also added some Glossy Accents to the beak to make it shiny.  Now what is a card without a little bit of bling. :) 

I love to be in blog hops because I get to give things away. :)  Since I wish everyone could win, I decided everyone could.  I've decided to give everyone a PDF copy of the Easter Basket hints and the eggs to color.  Click here to download it. :)  I know most of the hints are fairly simple (for younger children), but I am more than happy to help anyone think up some rhymes for your own scavenger hunt.  If you'd like help, just leave me a comment asking for help.  I hope you enjoy these!!

Now that you've seen my projects I'm going to send you on to visit Karel at One by One the Flamingos are Stealing My Sanity.  You'll love what she has in store for you!!!!!!  Thanks for stopping by!!!

If you get lost, here's the line-up:


Celeste B. at
http://ccscards.blogspot.com/ <-----You Are Here!!

Karel at http://karelj.blogspot.com/ <--------- Next Step!!!!

82 Wonderful Comment(s):

jennyplace2 said...

Such a sweet project for the kids and they did a wonderful job with the eggs! Love your card and the darling little sentiment. TFS!

Anna said...

What a wonderful idea!!! Thank you very much. I hope to do this with my Granddaughters this year. Adorable card also. So very cute.
annadowdy at gmail dot com

girlia said...

VERY CUTE!!!!

Lora said...

I love that you included your little ones! Thanks so much for participating in the blog hop - and that is a great idea to give the hints in a pdf file - very useful!

Lisa said...

What a cute little chicky! Thanks so much for sharing!

Lisa
prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Celeste said...

very cute eggs made by the kiddos.... wonderful idea... I soooo love your card.

Cindylu2u said...

Love your Easter tradition, and great rhyme!! Your card is sooo cute, thanks!!
Cindy
miller896042 at bellsouth dot net

Karen said...

What a wonderful idea! Your card is perfect TFS!

kwillis_15 at yahoo dot com

Monique Barr said...

Love it 2 cute
victory-n-christathotmaildotcom

Misty said...

That is a great idea! My DD13 is a bit old, but I can use idea for scouts & church. Chick card is adorable too! Love the colors!

Hummer Hugs,
Misty
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

Patricia Hurlburt said...

Cute Card!!! Love the egg "hints". Will be back to download!!

:)Patti

http://www.shortnscrappy.com

Lillian Child said...

What a delightful project to include your children in ... you are making some fabulous memories! Great idea!

MamaCurls said...

We do a scavenger hunt for Christmas gifts. Maybe this year we will add an Easter hunt! Thanks for sharing!

April Nourse
http://www.curlsngrins.blogspot.com

iluvkatie74 said...

What a great way to hide easter eggs. If you don't mind, I might try that this year!

Melanie Holzwarth said...

Great ideas! Thanks for sharing.

Melanie
Scrappily Ever After Blog

Rhonda Emery said...

how cute they look so good. tell them great job and I bet they had a blast.

Amanda said...

Very cute project! My kids would love to do it I am sure! TFS!

amandawoodau at hotmail dot com

Donna said...

What a cute idea for the kids!
http://comopark1886.blogspot.com/
comopark@roadrunner.com

bcriminger said...

Love the shimmer on the egg and the glossy beak!

Karelj said...

How fun! I know your children will cherish the memories of things like this...don't forget to take lots of pics to scrap! Thanks for sharing! I'm a follower--you can find me at ksjennings at gmail dot and/or www.kareljcreations.com

Emily said...

Cute. I love both projects :) I like the hunt for the kids.

scrapBugz said...

Cute. Great projects. Thanks for sharing.

Mandy
mjbaker at earthlink dot net

shersl84bed said...

Great projects. Thanks for sharing your files with us.

Sher
ShersL84bed@aol.com

Vicki said...

Cute idea with the eggs and great card. Thanks for sharing.

http://scrapbookingcreationsbyvicki.blogspot.com
vwilson577 at yahoo.com

Leah said...

What a great idea... I always plan something fun for Easter for my little one. Thank you for sharing.

Theresa said...

Such a cute idea!!!!! TFS
your little chick is ooober cute too!
Theresa
tmdettloff@gmail.com

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

I LOVE your first project! Super cute, and what a fantastic idea! My Little one would love something like that, thank you so very much!
Lisa
summer_sunset54@hotmail.com

Jamie said...

what a great idea! i love that this is not only cute but its kid friendly! thanks for sharing
-jamie
babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

Kathy's Kreative Spot said...

What a great idea to include the little ones with the project. Love your little chicky.
Kathy
Katsews at gmail dotcom

JustYolie said...

Your kids a great job on coloring job. Cute chick card, love the background paper too!

Josie0602 said...

Cute and fun idea!

McVic said...

great project!!! I might have to scrap lift your idea and do this with my little ones!!
kacee
mcvicwif@yahoo.com

Michelle said...

Celeste,
This is a fabulous idea I may actually use that if my nephew is coming up to the mountians to visit. Cause it will give him something to do the night before Easter and then since we do an egg/basket hunt it will work out. Thanks for the idea.

Michelle

mpetrovich23 at yahoo dot com
http://peanutbutterandjellydesigns.blogspot.com

Dilsaver Designs said...

So cute, I love all you added touches, with the flocking and glossy accents!! TFS :)

dilsaverdesigns at yahoo dot com

mitch1066 said...

Isnt crafting with kids wonderful,i miss that.I ran a home daycare for 12 years and we were known for our crafts:)

mitch1066@gmail.com

Sandi's creative touch said...

It looks like you had some great help with your projects and is always fun to get others involved especially your family!!!! Liked both your projects and the added touches make the magic of Easter come alive!!

Sandi

slschario@gmail.com

AJoy said...

You're awesome! I would never be able to rhyme quite like this. I can create projects but never know what to say...it has to be perfect, ya know. Well, these are perfect!


April
nginerd at gmail dot com
http://ajoy2scrap.blogspot.com

Becky Dunham said...

Celeste - these projects are so adorable. I wish my "little ones" were still little - at 13, 16 and 19 they don't do hunts anymore. But we sure did when they were younger. So much fun! I am already a follower of your sweet blog.

rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

Babe O'Mara said...

What a cute project to do with the kids. Adorable. Love all the added details. Thanks for sharing.

Babe
youiesmom@att.net

Brenna said...

that is soo cute!! I love the background paper to your card, and I think it is fantastic that you have your son in there with you!! tfs
brenna
rbanderson@live.ca

Jacqueline said...

i love how you got your little ones invloved - so cute!
~Jacqueline
Made by Jacqueline

Terri ( Meterr) said...

Thats Chickie is darling..and Im going to make the colored eggs with my kindergartner!

Kim said...

I love how you got the little ones in on your project!!! Love the little chick card too:)
Thank you for the PDF !!!
~Kim
http://crazyaboutscrapin.blogspot.com
kfordyce6638 at gmail dot com

Ellen ♥ CardMonkey said...

From seed to plant and
then to flower...
I put your comments in
the shower.

LOL. Love your rhyming.

TYFS!!

Fondly,
Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
www.cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
cardmonkey@comcast.net

Marcy S. said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe this, the Easter Bunny does this at our house also, he puts the clues in plastic eggs with 2 pieces of candy (one for each girl). Thank you for making the Easter Bunny's job a little easier this year.

PS...I am now a follower and your chick card is adorable.

Debc06 said...

wow what a great idea to have the children help create their own clues. Love the Chick card. TFS
Debbie
http://craftywizard.blogspot.com
debbie_craine@hotmail.com

Swedie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Swedie said...

I like the idea of using your kids'eggs for the clues.

Noreen

Theresa said...

What a wonderful project. TFS!
firelass51@aol.com

SueNJ said...

I almost used this chickie too! I just love him. You added the best touches too. Thanks for sharing such wonderful project!

Happy Scrappin'

Sue B
http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/

AmyJRockstar said...

Aw, sweetie! This is such a cute project! Great idea and really love the little rhymes. Fantastic! My husband thinks that you and I have a little love thing going on because of all your wonderful comments that I love so much. ;0) LOL I always am talking about you and tell him that I just love you to death and now I told him we do (have a love thang) and that we are just sista's from anotha mista'. LMAO!!! Hope you get a good laugh from that one my friend! You really do make my day with your comments though. They mean a lot to me so thank you for that.
XO ~ Amy Jo
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/

Lisa R said...

Love the scavenger hunt. We've done something like it for Christmas. Great card. Thanks for sharing.

Jenn said...

What a great idea for a easter project with your kids! And the card is very cute, TFS!

Susan said...

this is a really cute card

BunnyFreak said...

Love the egg hint idea!

Angela said...

Thanks for the hints, can't wait to use them. Your card is darling! Is the shell glitter paper?

Hugs,
Angela
lauermaa at gmail dot com
www.angelascrafty.blogspot.com

Katie said...

ktsangels was here and says cute card and great egg hunt idea for the younger crowd... ktsangels.blogspot.com or katie0106@cableone.net

Priscilla said...

I love the way you used childrens art in your project. Children learn so much by doing crafts, making things of beauty helps chilren grow into caring adults. Thanks for inviting me to your blog, this has been a great blog hop, hopping right on into spring.. Priscilla "Penny"
gonafindit at yahoo dot com

jengd said...

Wonderful projects- cute chick and the eggs for the scavenger hunt with your kids is a great idea. I love that they helped you and didn't even know it. :)

Leanne said...

This is super cute. Love it.

Linda said...

What a super project to do with your little ones. They'll be so surprised when they find their work is part of the fun.

Tammy D said...

What a fun project. I love Create a Critter too!

cma21317 said...

what an excellent idea with the eggs. I have no little ones but I am going to pass the idea on to some you do. Litte chick card is cute to. cma21317atsbcglobaldotnet

Trisha said...

Cute projects. So nice to see a Mom including her children in her fun. Love the Easter Egg hunt hints. Thanks for sharing. I am a follower. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com
www.trishacreates.blogspot.com

Child_of_Faith said...

Love how you included your kids in the art project and I like you cute card!

Esther@babybutterfly521@yahoo.com

ScrappinAnn said...

Thanks for sharing such cute kid projects with us. getting the pdf is wonderful. even though my kids are 10 and 13 I think they will still play along. they stay "little" to please me during holidays. LOL
Your card is also very cute. I have that paper and that cartridge. thanks for the inspiration!
I am a follower.
ScrappinAnn at gmail dot com
www.annlenth.blogspot.com - visit me to help me get to 150 followers!

Tanya said...

What a great idea! Love it!!

Tanya
phenis2031 at yahoo dot com

Tiffany said...

Adorable card! I love the kid art too. TFS

Tiffany
tiffanymarierice@yahoo.com
http://sparkledmemories.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

Celeste,
I was just stopping back to see if you added a second project for today. I didn't want to miss it if you did. I love this idea. If my nephew comes up to see us this Easter I'm going to use this idea. It's adorable.
TFS
Michelle
mpetrovich23 at yahoo dot com
http://peanutbutterandjellydesigns.blogspot.com

Pat N. said...

I bet your lil helpers love doing this! How fun. Love the little chick you made in the egg. So adorable.--Pat N. http://patsscraps.blogspot.com/

Lynn said...

Very cute card.

Karen said...

What a wonderful idea. I bet the kids had so much fun helping you make your crafties.

Happy Blogging,
Karen

http://emptynestboutique.blogspot.com
emptynestboutique at yahoo dot com

doverdi said...

Too cute! Such a cute idea & fun project for the kids. TFS!

Sherry said...

Thats awesome that you let your kids get involved!
They did a wonderful job of coloring!

Sherry
http://www.canadiancandy.blogspot.com/

Kristin said...

Great project for the kids and your card is super cute!

Kristin
ksully4597 at gmail dot com

Angela R said...

That project is such an adorable idea! Your little chick card is so cute, love the saying! Thank you so much for sharing!
Contact Info:
arebori0204@gmail.com or www.scraptillyadrop.blogspot.com

Janet said...

I just love those eggs What a great thing to involve your children such fond memories. Your projects are great TFS
http://ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/

Marianne - Fiskateer #6701 said...

Thank you for sharing the fun that you have with your children at Easter. What a great tradition!

Your little Easter chick was so cute!

momtotucknlexi said...

Thanks for sharing your egg hunt clues. Like the chick card idea...looking forward to re-creating it. Thanks for sharing
Michelle Bittner

Recipe Scrapper said...

Absolutely ADORABLE!!! I think this card is just precious. Love that bling!

Blessings!
RecipeScrapperATsbcglobalDOTnet
http://theembellishedcard.blogspot.com

Rachelle said...

How Cute! I love it!!
Rachelle

www.rachelle-rachellesplace.blogspot.com
joyfulhrtatgmail.com

Michelle said...

Thanks for doing this hop with me.
Michelle

mpetrovich23 at yahoo dot com
http://peanutbutterandjellydesign.blogspot.com