Monday, March 14, 2011

Scrapbookaholic by Abby Challenge

Happy Monday!!  Can you tell I'm super excited about this?!!!!!!!!!  This is the very first Scrapbookaholic by Abby Challenge!!  WAHOOOO!  This week the theme is 'Pick Your Own Holiday' (think of the possibilities)!  You can find several ideas for holiday by clicking here or any other website that shows national celebrations in March.

For this challenge I went with Johnny Appleseed Day!  Depending on the website you look at it can either be March 11 or March 18.  Nobody knows the exact date of his death so they don't know exactly when to celebrate the day.  I love this time of year because you know the beautiful blossoms are coming out which means that we get to eat (and can) yummy apples!!  So, in celebration of Johnny Appleseed Day I made this card. :)
The card is a normal A2.  The apple is from Preserves cut at 3.25 (I tried some of the doodling/stitching - what do you think?).  I found this phrase and just wrote it on a scratch piece of paper.  The background paper is from Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety stack.  This actually leads me to the sponsor of the challenge this week . . .Cosmo Cricket!!!

Make sure you stop over at Scrapbookaholic by Abby to see what the rest of the DT has created.  While you're there, check out all of the details for the challenge!  Thanks Cosmo Cricket for sponsoring the giveaway this week!!! :)


Have fun crafting and thanks so much for stopping by!!! :)

19 Wonderful Comment(s):

Besthobbyeva said...

What an adorable card! I love the doodling. Great job!!

Laurie

Coach fans said...

Great job on your first DT challenge. This card is perfect for any teacher. The sparkle is wonderful.

Georgiana

Celeste said...

Love your card... I am sooo happy to be on the DT with you...

Carley said...

This is so cute! That apple looks good enough to eat! Your handwriting is so cute! I am glad we are on another team together! Love ya girl!
~Hugs~
Carley

Kristin said...

So cute! I love the apple:)

Staying Crafty said...

Adorable apple card!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great apple! Love the paper!

KARLA UREA said...

Very cute card!!!
Love Karla U
S by Abby DT

Ashley said...

Love this card! It is so cute! Excited to be on the DT with you =)

Ashley

Scrappin_3rdeeschik said...

This card is so cute. I love the sentiment and everything about it. :D Great JOB
HUGS
Meighen

Pammejo said...

What an adorable card, we had apples for supper this evening to go with our BBQ Ribs, yummy. Glad we are on the DT team together. Pammejo

teachU14 said...

Cute card! It reminds me of when I taught second grade. Hooray for Johnny Appleseed Day :)

AmyJRockstar said...

Hey Sweetie! Did you see that you won blog candy for the Spring Forward Blog Hop? I can't remember the site now, but it's the one before mine. Look on my blog for that post and go to the site before mine and you'll see that you've won, if you didn't already know!

Hugs,
Amy Jo

Scrappy Zeni said...

I love the different pattern papers that you used and the sentiment was so meaningful. TFS!

PinkBlingCrafter said...

Woo Hoo for your 1st DT project!! Love that big bright apple!!! Great card
Hugs

Rhonda Emery said...

love your yummy looking card. so cute

Abby said...

I too love the paper and the bling, how you placed it and all!!! Thank You!!!

Maria Elena said...

What a great Apple card Celeste !
It's my pleasure to work with you as a DT at S by Abby !
Have a great Day ;-)
Maria Elena.-
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com

Cheryl Gaffney said...

I love it!! I just finished up 70 cards for the Teacher Appreciation luncheon (the PTO president asked me to make them!! ).

I love your card!

TFS, Cheryl