Monday, March 28, 2011

Scrapbookaholic By Abby Challenge

Wow, It's Monday!!!!  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!!  This weeks challenge over at Scrapbookaholic by Abby is to create anything Spring! 

Is it just me, or does it feel like Spring is taking a LONG TIME to get here?!  My children feel the same way.  As they were running around the house (screaming and yelling) this card idea came to me.  I started off by trying to think of something for Spring Fever.  With my little ones running in the background I started thinking about how they have cabin fever. **Lightbulb!**

As much as I wish we had a cabin, we don't; but we love to go camping.  I thought that this would be a fun card for either a boy or a girl. :) 

Recipe:
A2 card
Cabin was cut at 2.0 from Camp Out
Letters were cut at 1.0 from Old West
Sharpie (fine tip) detail on the letters
The embossing folder is an old one so I don't know the name of it (I do know that it's a PC one though)
Light brown ink pad to make the embossing stand out

Abby is sponsoring the giveaway for this challenge (thanks Abby).  She'll be giving away a 6x6 SEI paper stack and SEI assorted ribbon (I wish I could enter). :)  So make sure you create anything Spring for the challenge.  You'll want to hop on over to Scrapbookaholic by Abby to see what the other DT members have created and to enter your project!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!  Have a wonderful and creative Monday!!! :)

12 Wonderful Comment(s):

Besthobbyeva said...

Celeste, this is adorable! I love the letters and the embossing is perfect. That cabin is too cute! This card is so appropriate for everyone I think. Spring can't come soon enough!

Laurie

KARLA UREA said...

Celeste, this card is great, love all the detalis and is great for this season!!! Great job
Love Karla U

Pammejo said...

Great card Celeste, I have Cabin Fever, can't wait for it to warm up so I can get outside. TFS

Staying Crafty said...

Super cute!!!! I love the clever interpretation of the theme :)

Scrappin_3rdeeschik said...

Cute Cute Cute. I cant wait for real spring temps around here. Your card is exactly how I feel.

Kristin said...

So cute! Love the embossing and the letters! Great card:)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun! I love the letters they are unique and perfect for the cabin!

Christine said...

Cabin Fever is going around! I am so "sick" with Spring Fever! Ready for the cold weather to be gone for good! I love your interprtation of Spring!

Ashley said...

I also love to go camping and just took my hubby for his first time tent camping last year. It was fun!! Your card is so cute!

teachU14 said...

Fun card! Love the lettering :)

Cheryl Gaffney said...

Hi Celeste,

That embossing folder is called Distressed Stripes. :)

My kids are getting cabin fever too! We have a large covered deck with a little b-ball hoop and they were out there playing this afternoon after school! We are very rainy here but the temps are coming up to the mid 50s the last few days.

TFS, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

Scrappy Zeni said...

very cute and i love how you used the twine!