Sunday, September 12, 2010

Halloween Card - Whimsical Wednesday Challenge

Well, a few posts back you'll see that I was fortunate enough to win the October 31 solutions cart from Rosy at Sweet Delights Paper and More.  Well, I LOVE this cart!!!  It's perfect (for those that Love Halloween).  Stephanie over at Always Crafting is having a challenge to create something with the Mini Monsters cartridge, if you have it; if you don't own it (like me) you can make something Halloween or Fall - ish. :)  YEAH!!!!  An . . . excuse . . . to use my October 31 cartridge (Yeah - I'll find any excuse)!  I thought I might try one of those gate cards that everyone has been doing - I know, I'm always the last to the party. :)  So without further ado - here's my creation.
The patterned paper is from Stampin' Up.  I'm not sure if they still have it or not - a wonderful friend of mine is a demonstrator and she gave me a bunch of scraps (YEAH!) and some of the old paper that is going out. :)  Of course for the window I used the October 31st cart and the cute little ghosts are from Paper Doll Dress Up.  I cut the ghosts out in a velum type paper so that they seem a little see-through.  I traced their eyes and mouth with a fine tipped pen, since I don't own any of those cri-kit pens yet. :)  Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

4 Wonderful Comment(s):

Coachfans said...

Super spooky. I love that paper you chose to use for the ghost. Lucky you to have a friend that shares paper...my friends just think I am crazy that I love to papercraft.

I will send you an e-mail so we can set up a guest designer vsiit.

Georgiana : )

*Star said...

That is so stinkin' cute! I absolutely love those ghosts. Tfs and have a great day. :)

ScrappingStephanie said...

So so cute. I want to get that cart! Now that I have seen your card it is a must have. Love those little ghost and how you made them see through!
Thanks for playing along:)

Stephanie

Janice W. said...

Cute card! love that window!