Monday, November 1, 2010

Dia de los Muertos Blog Hop!!

**Just scroll down for the 80's blog hop**


I'm so excited!!!  Abby at Scrapbookaholic by Abby invited me to participate in this blog hop that she and Gaby from Gaby Creates are hosting!!!  I'm so glad they invited me to participate!!! 
I'm assuming that you hopped over from visiting Gabby (isn't she AMAZING!!!);   If you happen to come to my blog first, make sure you start with Abby!!
I'll be honest - this was difficult for me.  Please, don't get me wrong!!!  I had to do a lot of research on the background and the traditions for this holiday.  I did not know anything about it, but (like I try to teach my children) getting to know different cultures and different holidays is a wonderful thing and you should learn everything you can!!!  That's exactly what I did (so thank you ladies for helping me grow)!!!!!!!  I loved learning more about it!!
I love the colors used for this holiday, and it was a lot of fun for me to make this card!  I hope I did justice to this amazing celebration!!!!!!!!!

 I used my Gypsy to place the cuts on the card.  The skeletons are from Gypsy Wanderings.  I used the Xyron technique for the skeleton to really make it shine (both because of the glitter and the shiny from the Glossy Accents).  

Of course, what is a blog hop without candy?!  All you have to do is comment on this post.  You DON'T have to be a follower, if you like my work than I'd love to have you follow; it's NOT required though!!!  Here's a picture of what I'm offering!  You'll have until November 7th at midnight to post a comment, and onlly one comment per person please!!

Make sure you hop over to Karla at KA Little Scrap Corner, you'll love her talent!!!!  If you get lost along the way, here's the list of everyone creating for the hop!!  I hope you have fun!!!
Celeste (ME!!!)

121 Wonderful Comment(s):

GabyCreates.com said...

Awwwwww Celeste!!, you had me at hello!! Thank you!!!!
You did a great job with this card and I have to try/learn from you to use the xyron!!!
Gaby

Abby said...

I'm with Gaby!!! I so happy I invited you!!! and I love your card!!!! Thank you for having accepted!!!

Abby

Luv 2 Create said...

Great card. Luv the sparkly overlay.
Marcie

creative patti said...

I agree with you on learning other cutlures. Learing is power!. Nice project, thanks for sharing.

cozy86 said...

I love your card :)

Addicted Scrapper said...

Love your work and became a follower ... Stop by and visit and let me know what you think about my work . Thanks!!!!

Sharon said...

Awesome card!!! Now I want to know more about how you did the Xyron Technique to make the skull sooo cool! Thanks for that link! Not to mention (I jest) THANKS for that great candy you are offering!!! I am becoming a follower because I can see I can learn a lot from you and will enjoy seeing your work! Come and visit my blog too if you dare! ;) http://scrapblogfun.blogspot.com/

DonnaS said...

Great Job. I am new with the gypsy and will have to try some of this technique

JoAnn said...

Super cute card! I love how you made it! TFS!

kathlee said...

What a great celebration! The colors.everything! Thanks for sharing!
kathlee154@gmail.com
http://kathleessnippitsncricuts.blogspot.com

Rhonda Emery said...

love your card you did great.

Amanda Villarreal said...

Beautiful! I think you did a wonderful job of celebrating this day.

DonnaMundinger said...

Fabulous, Celeste! I see I'm not the only gringa in this lineup. LOL Love your card, especially how the testure looks like a sugar skull. xxD

Lesley from WI said...

Love the card. I like the skeletons going along the bottome of the card!

live well laugh often love always said...

very colorful!
gad1974@windstream.net

Hey Jude said...

I too, had never heard of this celebration and I think it is a wonderful thing, your project is great and I have scrolled on down the page to see some of your work, great job. JSharer417 at aol dot com

flowerdisco said...

i like your project and just taking the time to learn and teach your kids about it means a lot.
I did not know how they celebrated it in Mexico either and I am fascinated by it.

Chrys said...

Cool card!

Jessica said...

It is nice to learn something different from other countries. USA has a wonderful melting pot. You did a wonderful job.

Jess B.
thatzuneek@gmail.com

Minta's Creations said...

What a great card! Thanks for the chance to win!
Minta

mintab@gmail.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This came out so awesome!!

Jen said...

Celeste I think you did a great job on your card!!! Thanks for sharing and for the chance to win!
hugs,jen
jennyscards.blogspot.com

My Quilling Nest said...

Awesome project! You did do justice to this celebration!!!lol
TFS
Linda K
myquillingnest at hotmail dot com

Dana said...

I love the card! I especially love the patterned paper you used! Amazing job!

dmcarlisle09atgmaildotcom

grandmafairymary said...

Great job on the card! The colors look so festive! Thanks for sharing!

Ticketgoddess said...

I love the card!! The simmer is perfect!!
Bev B

bevborda at yahoo dot com

Ticketgoddess said...

I love the card!! The simmer is perfect!!
Bev B

bevborda at yahoo dot com

ScrapinShana said...

Cute card! I love how you made the skeleton shiny...I gotta learn how to do that!! =)

CyndiU said...

Your card is awesome. Thanks for being part of the hop and letting me come to your blog. cureta2@yahoo.com

Emily said...

Wonderful project you created :) TFS!

Emily (coolcricutcreations at yahoo dot com)

Auntie Marg said...

You did great on this card..I would like to know a little more about how you did the skull its really awesome..Thanks for the oppertunity to win.

Margie AKA Auntie Marg

eadesmarjorie@yahoo.com

http://auntiemargsblog.blogspot.com/

Liset said...

You did an awesome job, it was a very nice card. You have a new follower. Im so glad I did this blog hop, I will now have more wondeful Artist to follow.
TFS,
Liset
hailemnat@gmail.com

bumblebee creations said...

Love your project! Very interested in finding out "the xyron method"???!! Have a great day!

teachU14 said...

Very cool card! I love your patterned paper. And I think it's awesome that you learned about another culture :)

Monica said...

Very nice. I like what you did with the card.



http://happyscrappn2.blogspot.com/

Littigs said...

Love you card. Thank you for sharing and the giveaway.

Debbie said...

great card love the colors
Debbie @ DD'sCrafts
debbiewilson62@comcast.net

Aissa's said...

Cute card. Really nice

Mad Crafter said...

Great card! I learned something new here. I like how you used the xyron:) TFS:)
Cindy

joeygirl86 said...

OMG this is awesome! I love what you did with the window (skull) it's a great idea..thanks for the chance to win! :)

Yolonda said...

Love your card. TFS!!!

Yolonda
yianthony at yahoo dot com

cricutalltime said...

very cute.i forgotten about the skull from gypsy wanderings.awsome job on the card.

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Gorgeous card! I love the colors - so vibrant and festive!

Mrs.Debbie said...

This is an amazingly card. Very fitting for the day of the dead celebration. My teens would love this card

Scrap Vamp said...

Gorgeous card! SO creative! Love it!

Ashleigh said...

wow, your card it great tfs

aecopenhaver at gmail dot com

Erika Valdez said...

I love your card is it so cute what a great idea!!

Erika

Marionment said...

Love how you made your card. Great job!!

Sharon said...

Wonderful card!! Love the glossy accents and glitter! :)

Jamie said...

this card is so awesome.. i love the colors and the glitter on the big skull! thanks so much for sharing!
-jamie
babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

PinkBlingCrafter said...

Great job on the card I love how the skull looks!!! TFS

pattyk said...

great project! wonderful work. millierose651@aol.com

Toni said...

Love the card...good work!
mrs_to_you@yahoo.com

debpaint16 said...

Celeste~I agree that it is great to find out about other peoples heritages & cultures! You did a wonderful job!!

debpaint16@aol.com

Lisa said...

Great card! You are right the colors are great.
thanks
shop2udrop at embarqmail dot com

Lolis said...

Love your card! great giveaway! thanks for the chance to win!
floresrg4@aol.com

Kards by Kathi said...

Great blog and terrific projects. Love the skulls. Thanks for sharing.

Lori said...

Love the super sparkly skull! ~lori
gallionlori at gmail dot com

Felicia said...

Yeah, I never knew about this holiday either until now. Thanks of helping me learn something new today. Smooches... fgreggs@yahoo.com

Sue said...

I love your card. I had to learn about this celebration too. I wish we had something like it in the UK X

Becky said...

I love all the bright colors :)

Maria said...

Great card, love the glitter on the skull!

TR said...

I haven't been on a hop in a long time!
Looking forward to the fun!
The sculls kinda freak me out to be
honest.... :? But the thought is what
counts. and yes.. learning something
new about life in someone elses world

((hug))

TR

Charlotte said...

You are so right. We should learn more about other cultures and celebrations. It will make us better people.

Barb said...

Love the bright colors. The neon goes along with your 80's hop as well :)

Linda said...

Great colors!

Coachfans said...

Wow! How cool. I love the colors. Have fun!

Georgiana

BUZZY BEE DESIGNS & GRAPHICS said...

El Día de los Muertos items are great!!!
Rebecca Minor
buzzybeedesignsATyahooDOTcom

Debbi said...

Super card! I love learning about other cultures, too.
*smiles*
debbi

craftaholic said...

what a great job you did! It is great to learn different teqniques!! Love the bright colors!! TFS!!
ilovetonkinese2athotmaildotcom
Rexann

Patrice Herrera said...

What a cleaver idea for your skeleton and making it shiny.

critterbugg365 said...

I think you nailed it Celeste! Good job on your card especially since you had to research it! I love how you did that big cut in the middle and the little skulls are adorable!

Pamela Aigner said...

Great work! Love the colorful skulls. I made the sugar skulls one year, and they were so cool!
dakotadawn7553@hotmail.com

Nadia's World said...

Congrats to you! Awesome job!

Nicole

Debby said...

Cool love the 3 D effect yours has.
angel hugs
Debby

Vicki said...

Great card. Thanks for sharing and for the chance to win.

My Crafting Time said...

Awesome card. Love the glittery skull. TFS

stacy at mycraftingtime dot com

Trickut said...

Lovely job that sparkley skull is just great!

Rachel
gl2814@zoominternet.net

scrappingfrog said...

Great card! Great blog hop too!

Kadrisc said...

Hi Celeste,I didn't know anything about this holiday, but I am enjoying learning!! Thanks for sharing!!

Louie said...

How cool! interesting card =)

Tanya Isis Ayala said...

very nice card

Maria Elena said...

Very nice card !

http://www.mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Anna said...

Nice card! TFS

Liz said...

great project and interpretation for not being part of the cutlture that grew up with this tradition. I am learning so much

Liz C

MommaMcVic said...

TFS- your great card and the hop!
kacee
mcvicwif@yahoo.com

SCRAPGIRL : PATTY TANUZ said...

Holaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Celesteee, I'm from México and I love this tradition!!!! your card is so beautiful and yo have reasson, a blog hop withou candy, is not hehehe, Love your blog and I'm follower! :)

Tere said...

Hello Celeste. I love your contribution to this blog hop. El dia de los muertos, y a very important and almost secrad tradition in my country.

I don't celebrate it, but it is part of my culture. And part of my past.

Love to see you also are a LDS!

GreenScrap said...

Love that technique with the Gypsy and the Xyron!! Love it!! TFS!!
Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Carol E. said...

Cool card. Love the colors and the sparkles..I'll have to do a little research about the holiday.
cjtj1999 at hotmail dot com

Suni Smith Brandt said...

Your mask is very very nice..ty4s

A Scrap Above said...

Hey Celeste~
Oh I think you did a great job on your card! I know what you mean, I LOVE learning about different cultures, my hubby is Spanish, so I have heard about this one for years, pretty awesome!
Anyways, love your project.
(And thanks for stopping by my blog & the wonderful comment)
TFS and a chance to win
Bonnie C
http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
ascrapabove@aol.com

Teri said...

Very cool cards. I am really liking this blog hop!

Lisa J said...

The card is fantastic! So glad you decided to join this hop as I too am learning from it! Can't wait to see what all is in it!

VICTORIA said...

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and your beautiful card.

Melissa said...

I love how you did the cut out of the skull on the card! Looks great! I'm already a follower of yours!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

GiGi said...

I love how you used the bright colors! Very cute!!!

Monica Flores said...

This is just bueautiful Celeste. I love the glitteryness of your card!

HildeM said...

♥ your card!

Gramjak said...

I am also enjoying learning about the culture and tradition of this day. Thanks for sharing the skull cardand reminding me of the Xyron technique. It really makes it 'SHINE"!!

Jessica said...

I sooo agree with you Celeste, I'm enjoying learning about a different culture! I think you did a great job on your card. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for the candy.

The Purple Scrapbooker said...

This is such a great card! I love the colors, and the glitter! You did such a great job (as always)!!

Lindy said...

Love your card....awesome job.

KARLA UREA said...

Celeste very cute card and love your blog!!!
Karla U

Debican said...

I agree this would have a tuff one for me too but you a fabuous job on this card.

Besthobbyeva said...

Cool card and the colors are awesome!!

cfine said...

Love the way you did the skull opening on your card! Also the glitter and glossy accents look wonderful! I, like you knew little about this holiday. This hop has educated me!

Cheryl Gaffney said...

LOVE this card. It's creepy but I love it anyway!! :)

TFS, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

Karelj said...

What a wonderful card. I am learning a lot about this holiday, as well...we always celebrated All Soul's Day the Day after Halloween, but not like this. Amazing. ksjennings(at)gmail(dot)com

Adrea said...

THanks for sharing the Xyron technique. I almost got a bigger one last night...now I just may have to!

Barb said...

love this card and the colors

Ashley said...

I absolutely love this card, and I also would love to see how you did it! I'm not quite sure how I ran across this Blog Hop, but I'm absolutely lovin' it!

http://aprojectaday.blogspot.com

DebbyP said...

Love the bright colors they use in thIs celebration. Never thought to use Glossy Accents over glitter. Love the look and the fact that I have a new technique to try out. Can't wait. TFS. Can't wait to see what was created on the next blog. TTFN. Debby in CA. dpookybear at yahoo dot com

Scrappin with the bug said...

Wow what a great project. Glad you learned a little along the way. What a great way to do it

Raven B said...

Celeste this is AMAZING!!! I LOVE that the skull is sunken into the page. So pretty.
Hugs,
Raven

Ledia..... said...

Cute card!!!!!! Really nice!!!!!!

Juicy Creations said...

wow love the card.. thanks for sharing.. loving the hop..
juicycreations808@gmail.com

Celeste said...

Great card...

villasenor said...

Really nice card! I am so glad that my sister Gaby invited you to be part of it!

Lymari said...

love the card it was sooo cute!!!!

*Star said...

I love all the colors and sparkle you put on this card! Tfs and have a great day.