Friday, January 14, 2011

Flaunt it Friday's DT Post

This week on Flaunt It Fridays the challenge is to use the skull on Mini Monsters cartridge (pg. 65); and to create something that is NOT a Halloween project. So even though I VERY OFTEN refer to my little boy as a MONSTER (LOL) I do not own the Mini Monsters cartridge.  Instead of the skull on Mini Monsters I decided to use the skull and cross bones from Indie Art.  Since I created a hair thing holder for my daughter (click here to see it) I told my little boy I would make something for him. :)

Right now my little boy is into pirates so with the skull and crossbones I made a money jar for him with a pirate theme.
I wanted to make sure you got a shot of the lid (I loved it).  This was very simple to make.  Normally, I would have painted the jar and the lid; but since it is going to my little boy I thought I should probably leave it see through so that I can make sure I know what's in the jar. :)  The skull and crossbones were cut out at 3 and the 'Warning' was printed on my printer.

I used Mod Podge to glue the paper to the jar.  I've tried other glues and they didn't seem to work very well on glass.  I also used Mod Podge to adhere the warning sign and the skull and crossbones to the paper.  After the Stickles (on the eyes) had dried I Mod Podged all of the paper.
I used Mod Podge on the skull on the lid as well.  For the lid, I just cut the bones off so there was only the skull. :)  Again, I waited until the Stickles on the eyes had dried and put Mod Podge on top of it (yes, my son watched me put the Stickles on the eye "Oh, cool Mom"*touch, smear*)

Now the picture below looks terrible!  I'm so sorry about it.  A 12 inch piece of paper will not reach all the way around the jar so I added a black strip (should have used gray).  I put "Koda's Loot" on the back and didn't like it so I actually was going to change it a little.  Unfortunately my son will not let me touch it again!  He knows it's his made especially for him and there is no way he will let me get near it (yes, he slept with it)!


Make sure you stop by Flaunt It Fridays to see what the other DT members came up with (you'll love their projects)!!!!!! :)  I'd love to see what you make, so make sure you link up on Flaunt It Fridays!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!! :)

11 Wonderful Comment(s):

Coachfans said...

I sure hope he gets lots of loot to put in this really cool jar.

Greta job,
Georgiana : )

Kel said...

Thats a great project! I have used that skull on indie for a few things..its a goodie! I love your creativity for this challenge.. good luck with it!

Carol said...

fantastic job! I love this project, TFS

girlia said...

Nice job on your project Celeste.

Rhonda Emery said...

girlfriend this is so cool he will love this Im sure expecially if it has his favorite things skulls and loot. ha

Sharon said...

What a great story! Love that he slept with it!! That means he will treasure it. :)

Sandra 365 Days Of Cricut said...

I love this! That's too funny you have a monster on your hands just like me! Mine is 3 years old and his name is Aidan LOL! He even growls at me and scares me (or he thinks he is scaring me LOL) all the time =) AHHHHH RAWR! LOL!

Mary said...

I can see why Koda loves it, it is great. You did a fantastic job on it and I love the red stickles eyes!

Hannah said...

Really cute! Koda just needs some money now :p

Sheree said...

Cute idea with the jar...love it! I also love your son! they just HAVE TO TOUCH IT! haha
good job!

Tana said...

I have awarded you with the Stylish Blogger Award.Your blog has inspired me in so many ways. Thank You! Just go to my blog
www.craftymomma04.blogspot.com if you want to accept this award and get the directions